IGNORED

whats the first thing i will notice playing the 695 mb's

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

jesus. just say it like it is man. we can see right through it. you bought the blades cuz they're cool and they're mizunos. you previously bought the AP2's because they were cool and they were titleists. A few months or so from now, you'll have a new set of irons and you'll make the same posts. give it a rest.

no thats what you think, not what i do sorry bud. and yes if irons are cool then Im interested in them,

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys this thread goes out to fellow and past owners of this clubs as well as people who first transitioned from a cavity to blade. i went from cleveland cg golds to callaway x 20 tours. i decided id jump on a set of 695's when i found them pretty cheap on ebay. my iron play is my strength, and as ive jumped sets and dropped my handicap im feeling ever more confident but still a little nervous going to an mb club. id like to hear what curve others experienced, thank you!

I started with blades (Spalding Tru Flites or Kro Flites - whatever, good irons and terrible woods) moved to CBs (Ram Accubar) because everyone said I needed to, and my game did improve. But I always missed the feel and control of blades (selective memory is like that). I went through a few sets of blades, including MacGregor MT Tour blades. They didn't fit me and I struggled. That was many years ago, and if I knew better I'd have just got the lofts and lied done. Instead I stupidly sold them to a "friend" for less than they were worth.

I picked up a set of Hogan Apex PCs that were nice to hit but had a lot of bag chatter and were too flat (got another set of PCs last summer - and '94 channelbacks) but I knew I was on the right track. I picked up a set of Titleist Tour Models in ~ '93 that were grimy and had stains years of lead tape, but they cleaned up okay. I used them sporadically - never quite right for my swing (probably a lie angle thing - I still have them). A couple sets later (all used - All Sports Replay) I stumbled on a mint condition set of MP-11s in 1994. They're still in my main SM bag. None of this will help you, but suffice to say, I've hit a few sets of blades, my all time favourites being Cleveland TA1s and the Apex PCs because they were such a pleasant surprise. If you have a sound swing (doesn't have to be flawless), and you get them fitted (basic stuff) they should be similar to any set of irons. You'll notice the ability to control your trajectory - stingers and low bullets are your best friend when it's getting breezy or you haven't had a change to warm up and just want to keep the ball in play. PS. The only blades I've ever used that I remember "hurting" were ones with 1/2 cords, one set that had those awful PING striped grips, and a set of Ram Tour Grinds.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You will enjoy them and wondered why you did not buy them earlier! I bet after you play with them in a couple of month you will play better.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

You will enjoy them and wondered why you did not buy them earlier! I bet after you

Insert "practice" instead of "play" here and ad the caveat of "if you didn't practice much before" and I would agree with you.

there a little easier to hit imo. you can take better divots, shape shots if you want, play high or low ball flights really easily. im not sure if this is exclusive to bladesor not but i think its alot easier to spin it back because you dont have as much bounce so you can come down on the ball harder and with the right contact all of your clubs will play like wedges. that is just my opinion because of my swing and wedge game i prefer blades because i think they preform alot like wedges and every time i have a wedge in my hands i am looking to make birdie

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

So before you judge based on handicap, Ill wipe you up and down the green with my X-18's until I get my AP2's.

Deep breath…and relax. Your buddies post was not a malicious attack on you or your golfing ability. He was merely stating that experience outweighs research.

Its understandable. Blades are for guys who want some sweet looking clubs, or can really, really hit the ball well. There was a recent article showing how many Tour Pros are not using blades. IMO, why cheat yourself out of the technology that can only help you, ya know?

So freakin sick of hearing this I want to puke. First, who gives a rats-ass what the pros play. Second, everybody that I personally know plays whatever clubs they have the most confidence with…it just so happens that about 1/2 play with blades. Third, I am better with blades then I ever was with cavities, GI's, SGI's, or whatever else has come along in the past 30 years.

I play with whatever helps me get the ball in the hole the quickest.
any shot, outside of the sweet spot, is going to hurt your hands.

Hurt how? A mishit shot is going to "vibrate" regardless of the type of club.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Why so much negitivity???

Blades are really not that bad, people just make them sound alot wourse then they really are. Ive been playing blades for around 4months now and have had like 3 shots hury my hands and all of those were just horrible misshits that happen like every blue moon.

First thintg you will notice is a flatter more penertrating ball flight along will a really nice feeling when they come out of the middle. If they are anything like the 710's (witch are not in my sig buy I also have them) they will be fantasic clubs!

Good hitting! :)

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Maybe he has but I dont hit every shot on the sweet spot and Ive never had my irons hurt my hands on any shot. Although they have a muscle cut Im not sure if that matters really.

You've

never had your irons vibrate and hurt/sting your hands a bit? And you're a 15 handicap? Bull****.

jesus. just say it like it is man. we can see right through it. you bought the blades cuz they're cool and they're mizunos. you previously bought the AP2's because they were cool and they were titleists. A few months or so from now, you'll have a new set of irons and you'll make the same posts. give it a rest.

You've

No, I know about the dull feeling if you hit the toe of the club. Its not a reason to stay away from blades though if you strike the ball anywhere decent. and all this 15 handicap stuff. I shoot low 80's as well.

No, I know about the dull feeling if you hit the toe of the club. Its not a reason to stay away from blades though if you strike the ball anywhere decent. and all this 15 handicap stuff. I shoot low 80's as well.

I'm in no way saying you or anyone else has to stay away from blades. But I also think that anyone who has played/hit

real muscleback blades has experienced the sting of a mishit at least once or twice, especially someone who's not scratch/near-scratch.

Deep breath…and relax. Your buddies post was not a malicious attack on you or your golfing ability. He was merely stating that experience outweighs research.

After reading my posts a day later, I feel I was a bit to descriptive and passionate with that post.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

pure shots will feel effortless, like cutting butter with a hot knife and also they will look marvelous!!

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I'm in no way saying you or anyone else has to stay away from blades. But I also think that anyone who has played/hit

Hell, I've felt a sting from hitting my x-20 tours. I tried hitting some of my buddies Mizuno MP-33's, I had a couple of amazing hits with them, but some that felt like they were almost out of my league at the time. I think it's all about how

you hit your clubs

I'm not one to judge who is hitting what, however, if you're a 15 handi and hitting blades consistantly... there is basically ZERO reason for you to be over a 10 handi...Even if you're shooting in the "low 80's" If your iron play is good enough to play, hit, and shape Blades... Then the rest of your game should be in the same range..

These threads, along with the distance threads are always the most amusing to me on this board. Of course, everyone is free to use what they want. But from experience, i rarely see better players using blades. If i do, they are older (like 40+). MB's are great for players who like to control trajectory and ballflight, but im sorry to say unless you're on tour or an elite +4 amateur, you cant do that to the level that warrant a blade iron. Maybe its a generational thing or just plain inflated ego, but with todays CB's there is no reason for mid-handicaps to be using blades (the main group of golfers i see playing MB's).

I might end up using MB's one day, who knows. But until i have a need for them in my game, ill take the forgiveness that cb's offer.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Rory McIlroy, Ross Fisher, Geoff Ogilvy, Robert Karlsson, Rickie Fowler, Bo Van Pelt, Adam Scott .. Ok thats 7 out of 10 on the first page of titleist's main website listing their endorsed players equipment. Thats 70% out of 10 players using blades on tour. Sure alot are using CB now or even game improvement irons but most dont want to give up the feel and playability of a MB. Im not sure if I would like a true MB at this point and Ive never hit one extensivley but I sure as heck would buy a set if I was hitting them good and liked the feel Regardless of what any other person thinks!

i had them for a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't say the mis hits 'hurts' your hands necessarily, but it definently doesn't feel as good as when you hit a perfect shot in the sweet spot.

Burner Superfast 9.5, Matrix S-Flex
Big Bertha 3 Wood (Old) : R Flex : 15.5 Degree
Idea Pro Gold Tour Prototype : Javelin FX R Flex : 20 Degree
804.OS 3-PW, Pro 970 R Flex
CG 14 : 52 Degrees : Project X Wedge Flex Forged X Tour : 56 Degrees : Rusted Sedona Putter Pro V1 Ball

i had them for a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't say the mis hits 'hurts' your hands necessarily, but it definently doesn't feel as good as when you hit a perfect shot in the sweet spot.

yea the sweet spot on a mb is going to be

alot more sweet than a cb sweetspot but not as big. Its all design, a MB has more weight in the sweetspot compared to a CB with all the weight around the outside edge of the iron(perimeter). Sure a CB is going to feel less dull on a toe hit but the sweet spot isnt as buttery.

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!