IGNORED

Golf Galaxy!?

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I went to my local Golf Galaxy today to just browse around to find out that they had everything in their store marked down up to 30%. I asked a clerk why they were closing, and he said that there were 21 other stores to close down. I found a lot of great deals, though many of the clubs had been purchased. Guess I will be shopping online more these days as opposed to walking in the store.

Driver: 909D2 9.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
Wood: 909F2 13 Degree Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 17 Degree Diamana Blue Stiff
Irons: VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Project X 5.5
Putter: Newport 2.5Wedges: SV Tour 56 and 60Bag: Sasquatch 2010 Stand BagBall: Pro V1X

small businesses are closing everyday..... in my area alone, 3 different golf shops have closed their doors just in the past 6 months.... And I'm sure it's like this everywhere as small businesses are suffering in this econnomy

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

That's interesting, I was at the Newark Delaware store last Wed, they always seem to be busy, I hope they don't close it down. The customer service there is pretty good and they have a nice selection.

In my Stand bag...
K15 9.5* Driver
K15 16* 3 Wood
Steelhead III 5 Wood
AP1 4-G Irons G15 20* and 23* Hybrid iWedge 56* 1/2 CRAZ-E Putter

I think some of it stems from golf galaxy being owned buy dicks sporting goods. I know the golf galaxy close to me has a dicks sporting goods in the plaza across the street. I'd imagine there is several areas where are this happens. If the golf galaxy doesn't do much work on clubs it's probably not worth paying two leases. Business is tough right now so if you can consolidate to save money you're going to do it.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I think some of it stems from golf galaxy being owned buy dicks sporting goods. I know the golf galaxy close to me has a dicks sporting goods in the plaza across the street. I'd imagine there is several areas where are this happens. If the golf galaxy doesn't do much work on clubs it's probably not worth paying two leases. Business is tough right now so if you can consolidate to save money you're going to do it.

According to one of Golf Galaxy's employees Dick's Sporting Goods basically said it was a better move for their businesses in the area to close down Golf Galaxy. I never saw a lot of people in there, but they were always helpful and had everything i needed. Now I have to find somewhere else to get my irons reshafted now.

Driver: 909D2 9.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
Wood: 909F2 13 Degree Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 17 Degree Diamana Blue Stiff
Irons: VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Project X 5.5
Putter: Newport 2.5Wedges: SV Tour 56 and 60Bag: Sasquatch 2010 Stand BagBall: Pro V1X

Mine is fine, but gg did put out a notice of 26 stores closing down.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

The 2 stores in Arizona are also closing. I think that sucks. I have noticed though, they seemed to lose some of the better people in the store since Dick's took over. Well it's a good thing we still have a PGA Tour Superstore and Golfsmith in Arizona.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

We recently had a smaller golf shop in the area close due to not having the money to keep shop open.. They held a fundraiser through donations and whatnot and are open again... They'll be closed again soon due to being right across the street from Dick's, which has a bigger club selection than they do, the same services, and cheaper products on the shelves. I've noticed Dick's has also started selling some used clubs, too.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Does anyone have a list of the ones that are closing? I really hope its not the one in Towson.

We have a alternative to Golf Galaxy here in Virginia Beach. International Golf is the best in the area when it comes to buying equipment. Great bunch of guys running the joint.

In these areas where GG is closing but there is a Dicks in the area, I suppose you're out of luck if you're looking for clubs from Titleist, Mizuno and Ping. I know you can't find these brands of clubs in my area Dicks stores. However, I've noticed Ping putters and close out clubs (Rapture) have now found there way to Dicks. The "club repair service" at Dicks isnt the best either from my experience.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

I suspect that smaller GGs may be the ones that close down. The medium- and large-size stores offer more merchandise and services.

Also, it depends on who else is in the neighborhood. Aside from a few Dick's, the main GG competitor in the area is Golf Discount. GD, however, went into receiveship at Christmastime, and has shut down some of their smaller stores.

We have three GGs in metro St.L, and they are really fast about getting a club or pair of shoes from another store if the one you visit doesn't have it.

In metro St.L on the Illinois side, the GD closed. Now, it's GG and a local non-franchise operation which get the club business. Also, it seems that many golf course pro shops carry much less club variety than they did 10 years ago.

Any other views on golf course pro shops and merchandise?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Company plans to close 12 underperforming Golf Galaxy stores in the third quarter of 2010.
I did not see which 12 stores, but I did see news on two in AZ, Chandler and Tucson.
I believe they have about 91 stores total.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Hmmmm....

The GG on Indianapolis's Northside is right NEXT to a large Golfsmith, and withing walking distance of a Dicks Sporting Goods. Might have to go in and see of they are closing up shop.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

the bad thing about dicks is they dont sell any players clubs whatsoever. Its all GI, no tour drivers, no players irons, no mizuno, titleist, wilson staff etc clubs. I think you can have them ordered but what good is that if you cant try them out there first

I just got the gut-wrenching email that the Renton, WA store is closing. Which sucks because its just down the hill from me and everyone there is super cool. Now I'll have to go to bloody SouthCenter to Puetz or Pro Golf discount.

in my bag
cheap 9.5 driver
hybrid
Altron irons
wedgescheap putter balls

I also just received an email that the GG in Jacksonville is having a 20-40% off sale on everything in the store....but they are usually busy. It says "at this location only"....I hope they dont close. Its the only shop in town that lets you tape up clubs OTR and just go hit them without someone having to watch you.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just got the gut-wrenching email that the Renton, WA store is closing. Which sucks because its just down the hill from me and everyone there is super cool. Now I'll have to go to bloody SouthCenter to Puetz or Pro Golf discount.

Went yesterday...they already shipped back all the good stuff. The rest of the 20-40% stuff off stuff is crap. Clothes that are STILL too expensive. If you need balls though, Nike One Tour/One Tour D's are only 23$ and Bridgestone E5, E6, E7's are all just $20.

One of the guys working there said its possible they may be relocating.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!