IGNORED

The Barclays

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be jumping the gun, but Tiger is pretty much back...if he gets his wedges under control....he's completely back.

I think this will be the start of a good come back for Tiger. If he wins this, it will be a HUGE confidence booster for events to come. Likewise, in a press conference, I loved that he had the confidence and cajones to say he would absolutely beat Nicklaus's record. That right there makes me believe that his confidence and borderline arrogance will carry him for awhile.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Why are they not showing Tiger at all during this online coverage???

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

I tried the XM radio for a while, but they pretty much talked about everything except what was going on at the course.

Oh well, TV coverage is on now.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've seen Tiger miss those short putts before... this is not the time to get bold.
Bogey on a 291 yard par 4, such a waste.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger's great off the tee, great with his long irons, but his wedges are letting him down.....

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Wow, Woods just missed a 2 footer for par. 3-jacked from 12 feet. That is a short par 4, which means he basically gave two shots to the field. Big mistake there.

This is just about the worst he could shoot today while hitting all the fairways.

The stats and conditions would indicate a good score, but he was not able to capitalize the round. A couple of costly mistakes also hurt his scorecard.

I liked the part where Tiger missed his approach from the rough (which could be something as simple as the clubhead rotating in the grass), and Nick Faldo talking about how his belt was raising when he comes through the ball. He suggested Tiger should try to rotate on the backswing by keeping the hips level and rotate on the downswing keeping the hips on the same level. He specifically said the right hip should not move up, but rather down on the backswing.

talk about a shitty 9 holes...seemed to be on a good role on the front nine but his play on the back nine leaves for a lot to be desired. Hopefully he'll get his game workin again by tmrw. He's not TOO far off from leader so he can still recover.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

talk about a shitty 9 holes...seemed to be on a good role on the front nine but his play on the back nine leaves for a lot to be desired. Hopefully he'll get his game workin again by tmrw. He's not TOO far off from leader so he can still recover.

By the end of this round he'll probably be 7 behind the lead. He shot himself in the foot today big time. 9 holes is all it took.

By the end of this round he'll probably be 7 behind the lead. He shot himself in the foot today big time. 9 holes is all it took.

well he messed up at that par 3 by hitting it way over. Then on the next hole was that reachable par 4, 320 yards or so and he got boo'd for laying up with an iron and I think thats were it started going south. He should of went for the green, even if he did miss the green, he is a really good chipper and would be close for a birdie,

well he messed up at that par 3 by hitting it way over. Then on the next hole was that reachable par 4, 320 yards or so and he got boo'd for laying up with an iron and I think thats were it started going south. He should of went for the green, even if he did miss the green, he is a really good chipper and would be close for a birdie,

Or he could of pushed/sliced it way right and had a terrible shot at the green. He was playing within himself....it was the right play, it was his second shot that screwed him up, not the first.

His wedges were bad all day and so was his putting. Long irons were fantatsic

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Ugh, what a shame. At least he's only 4 back, which is surmountable if he can put together one of those killer rounds that seemed to be out there for a handful of players. With 2 days left, he could even just plod his way there with a little luck from the guys ahead of him.

Hopefully the bad 9 doesn't get into his head too much, and hopefully he's at the chipping green right now......

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Or he could of pushed/sliced it way right and had a terrible shot at the green. He was playing within himself....it was the right play, it was his second shot that screwed him up, not the first.

While his wedge shot at the short par-4 wasn't very good by his standards, he still had a 12 footer for birdie. 3-jacking from there was pathetic though. THAT is where it really went south for him.

Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!