IGNORED

What Kind of Person Do You Have to Be...

colin007
Note: This thread is 4988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would say the sort of person who rationalizes his own greed and self-absorption by telling himself that if he turned it into the clubhouse the staff would keep it or not make any attempt to get it back to it's rightful owner anyway so better he should get it than someone else. But then again, it might be a small penis. Makes about as much sense.

Actually you are pretty close, people who always think every one else has it better, feels that the club was lost by some rich ***, or egocentric types who only see there own self interest. I have lost clubs practicing several times, bag falls over and don't notice etc. The only clubs I haven't gotten back were sand wedges. One time I am sure someone from an outing took it, I had just gotten it that week. They probably had no connection to the course and couldn't resist a new Cleveland wedge. I hope they enjoyed it all my clubs are bent 2 degrees upright, they probably pulled it every time, or sold it on ebay.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few members of this site who are like that. There have been a few threads where they say that they don't hand it in because they think the pro will keep it. Others hand them in and then think that it's OK to ring up the club a few days later asking if it's been collected and then thinking it's their property if it hasn't. Others only keep them if they're Vokeys or Clevelands, generously rteturning lesser brand to the pro shop.

Calling back to claim - Um. Maybe. Seems kinda skeevy to me.

Simply not turning it in = self-absorbed punk. There are really people on this site that ADMIT to these actions?

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 9.5º Driver
Cleveland 4W 17º
Mizuno MX Hybrid 20ºMizuno MX-200's 4 - GCleveland G10 56º SWOddysey 2ball with line Putter

I have a rule when im carrying 2 clubs. I must always leave the club on the green in between the hole and my bag. That way if you forget, there is zero chance you miss it when you walk back to the bag.

I was playing with a loud ass of a guy a few months ago. All round he was pissing and moaning about leaving his Vokey on a green the day before and nobody turning it in. He was going on about how some scumbag just took it, etc. Finally around the 15th hole he lets slip that HE HIMSELF found the club on a green a few months earlier and just kept it.

Go figure. I wish he hit himself in the head with it, the prick.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I have a rule when im carrying 2 clubs. I must always leave the club on the green in between the hole and my bag. That way if you forget, there is zero chance you miss it when you walk back to the bag.

Other methods; since I too have learned the hardway.

Lay your club accross the flagstick if possible. Toss your glove on top of your club.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 9.5º Driver
Cleveland 4W 17º
Mizuno MX Hybrid 20ºMizuno MX-200's 4 - GCleveland G10 56º SWOddysey 2ball with line Putter

I always lay it on the flag. Nobody ever forgets to pick up the flag!

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

sorry for your loss...sucks when you lose a club. I recently lost my 52* wedge at a course and it was never turned in...pretty bummed but not as bummed as what happened to my dad.

we were at the range doing our thing...he was demoing a driver so he and I walked back to return the driver and simply left our clubs at our stalls at the range...with balls leftover, so it was obvious somebody was there.

we get back just 5 minutes later and lo and behold...his callaway fairway woods are gone from his bag! There weren't too many people around at the range so nobody knew what happened. some jackass decided to grab and walk away.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

soemone nicked my new srixon 60* from the range earlier this year. i must say i respect other peoples clubs alot more now after a few years playing iv sacraficed alot for mine not to mention lieing to my girlfriend about how much they cost so i automaticly presume everyone else love theirs as much as i love mine.

G15 9* stiff
MP-60 s400
CG15 52* 56* 60*
COLT Eyeline Lefthanded
Z-star or Pro V1

Sorry, didn't read the OP or any responses. But, lots my W3 2 weekends ago. 12 yr old matched set of Tommy Armours. Love the clubs. Mean a lot to me. And now I'm missing one. Called the course, haven't found it yet. Its killing me.

CARBITE Putter

Unfortunately, some individuals don't attach the concept of a human being to something that is found. They just consider it to be their lucky day. So selfish :/

I'd give it a few weeks before I wrote it off completely, unless you have to have that club for a league or tourney. I recently obtained a club that I found and turned in. After two months it was not claimed, so I took it. I'll probably trade it in at Golf Galaxy or something. My point is, maybe the finder forgot to turn it in. If/when they return to the course hopefully they do the right thing. Just keep checking with the pro shop.

You are unbelievable! What makes you think you have any right to that club!? Two months is not that long to many golfers. Perhaps he only plays every few months and he made it all the way to his next round 3-4 months later before he realized that his club was gone. Then he calls the last club he played at and guess what, his club isn't there anymore because you basically stole it. Ridiculous! If the clubhouse wants to sell it after a certain amount of time, that's their right, but you should have forgotten about it as soon as you turned it in. If you want it, wait until it goes on sale and then buy it. C'mon man.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

Love my Mizzy wedges, so that would bite for me. All you can do is keep checking in with the pro shop, and hope for the best. This season alone I have found and returned three clubs - not mine, and I feel for those who left them as I have done the same thing.

Allow me to use this thread to suggest these :

It won't stop someone who wants it bad enough,
but it may help get your club back in most cases.

http://www.pinhighinc.com/

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Ive turned in over 10 clubs this year, good thing I have two extra putter wells.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I feel for you, just two weeks ago I left a 3 week old 60* Cleveland wedge laying next to a green and I called the clubhouse two days later and no one had turned it in. As soon as I realized I lost it I knew exactly where I left it and there is no way it went un-found. Needless to say I was little upset with myself but what are you going to do...

I played today, and the guys playing in front of us left a wedge laying greenside on the 8th. Luckily, they were walking and we were riding, so we drove down and caught them halfway down the 9th fairway and returned the club directly to them.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

You are unbelievable! What makes you think you have any right to that club!? Two months is not that long to many golfers. Perhaps he only plays every few months and he made it all the way to his next round 3-4 months later before he realized that his club was gone. Then he calls the last club he played at and guess what, his club isn't there anymore because you basically stole it. Ridiculous! If the clubhouse wants to sell it after a certain amount of time, that's their right, but you should have forgotten about it as soon as you turned it in. If you want it, wait until it goes on sale and then buy it. C'mon man.

I guess I didn't think about the every 3-4 month, or extremely occasional golfer. I am playing a round at that course today and will return the club.

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

Note: This thread is 4988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!