IGNORED

What would happen if....

colin007
Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You mean the LPGA? I think you know: Because, whether for good or for bad, their ability to market themselves includes not just how well they play golf but on how good they look. If they all wore pants, TV ratings would drop like a stone, along with sponsors and prize money.

They can look as good or as bad as they want and there are both extremes on that Tour. I would say more extremes than on the PGA Tour.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

any notice bernhard langer's pants at the boeing classic??

they had the extra two pockets and IMO classified as cargo pants.
909D2 10.5* Diamana Blue 65 Reg Flex
909F2 15.5* Diamana Blue 75 Reg Flex
AP1 710 5-GW DG R300 Reg Flex
CrossBax 3i-4i Hybrid
Oil Can 56* Oil Can 60* Anser 2

any notice bernhard langer's pants at the boeing classic??

No and I doubt it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

they had the extra two pockets and IMO classified as cargo pants.

is this against the rules also? and so i have it straight, the players can wear shorts in the US Open?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They can look as good or as bad as they want and there are both extremes on that Tour. I would say more extremes than on the PGA Tour.

Not sure what point you're making. I'm just saying sex sells, that's why LPGA players wear shorts. I'm not saying that's the only reason people watch the LPGA, I'm just saying it's a huge factor. And that it's hardly a factor at all for the men. (There might be a few coffee shop waitresses who prefer Tiger's shirts are as tight-fitting as possible, but that's about it.)

Bill

No and I doubt it.

you doubt what? that he was wearing them or that theyre cargo pants?

he undeniably was wearing them, was also wearing similar pants at the senior open. http://www.khakicrusader.com/index.p...ay=995&from;=24
CrossBax 3i-4i Hybrid

Not sure what point you're making. I'm just saying sex sells, that's why LPGA players wear shorts. I'm not saying that's the only reason people watch the LPGA, I'm just saying it's a huge factor. And that it's hardly a factor at all for the men. (There might be a few coffee shop waitresses who prefer Tiger's shirts are as tight-fitting as possible, but that's about it.)

I was trying to subtly say that some of the women should consider wearing pants and that some of the outfits are out there. Yes, there are others that pull it off with no problem (no pun intended).

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I know plenty marines that wont wear shorts and insist on ewaring 2 shirts when running/hiking here in hawaii and on the mainland. You actually stay cooler somehow. I cant. But I know my bro wears two shirts no matter what were doing and sweats a lot less. I grew up caddying at winged foot an dyou couldnt wear shorts. Caddies or members. I asked my mom once and she said Noone wants to see old Mr. Wyatts wrinkled legs. lol

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

you doubt what? that he was wearing them or that theyre cargo pants?

I suppose those would technically be cargo pants, but theyr'e not the heinous creations that got banned. You know the ones you can wear to a barbecue and you don't need to bring a cooler. 6-pack of Coors in this pocket, barbecue sauce in that one, pickles anyone?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I was trying to subtly say that some of the women should consider wearing pants and that some of the outfits are out there. Yes, there are others that pull it off with no problem (no pun intended).

Heh, ok I see what you meant now. Yeah, on the PGA side, some of those guys might consider a girdle. Worked for William Shatner.

Bill

I suppose those would technically be cargo pants, but theyr'e not the heinous creations that got banned. You know the ones you can wear to a barbecue and you don't need to bring a cooler. 6-pack of Coors in this pocket, barbecue sauce in that one, pickles anyone?

the ones in the picture are from the senior open earlier in the year. the ones he wore at the boeing classic looked like he was going hiking.

CrossBax 3i-4i Hybrid

I got one - since men arent allowed to wear shorts but women are allowed in skirts, why dont men just start wearing skirts if you guys think thats such a urgent matter?

E.g -

- the sunday outfit would be a great match for Ian Poulters liking, and maybe Saturday fits well with Tiger? Alternatively they still could go the scottish route...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

anyone???

Players can not wear shorts at the US Open either.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I got one -

Is it comfy?

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!