IGNORED

Mizuno MP62 question

ERdiesel
Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've heard some refer to the mizuno mp-62's as blades and others saying that they aren't blades. On the internet, references are mixed as well. I know they are forged irons, but are they technically "blades"? if not how would you characterize them?

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Hi,
The MP62's to my understanding are a half cavity or a half pocket cavity (not sure of the correct term), they are not a blade.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

they're not exactly blades since they have a cavity back but like CrazyXGolfer said...they're somewhat half cavity backs.

I believe Mizuno markets them as Muscle Backs.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I call them "slight cavity backs".

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was watching some big high school teams play while I was at the course. Saw alot of guys that had the mizuno mp-62's

What did they call them? Blades or players CBs?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

They have a CB appearance, but the demand from the player is very blade like, best for below about 5 hc..... or for anyone liking to play a very workable "bladelike" CB.

I have been hitting them when I bought my MP-57 iron, there is more of a chalenge in the MP-62, but I prefered the "old" grooves...... and when I would be ready to move up to the new grooves...... I would rather go for the MP-68 or maybe MP-69 (wait another year orso).

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I'd call them "don't miss on the toe or you will be punished irons". There isn'at alot of forgiveness out there. Heel side miss and thin ok, toe equals 20 yards.

That seems to be common in Muzunos. i have the MP-57 and love them, i seldom miss on the toe but i do it goes nowhere. Most of my misses are fat or thin...fat nothing helps you and thin they are pretty good. When hit properly....there is nothing like them!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!