IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

mvmac

Eek. Had almost forgotten about that video.

I should note that one of the reasons I put up that video is because it's exaggerated and the "drill" like form it's in. Most guys struggle with getting the shoulders to turn steep enough and not get the hands in enough. I like the simplicity in what Erik's trying to feel. Super connected and super deep.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Updated swing, 5 iron.  Trying to keep my head on the "wall" from P4-P7, instead of staying in extension and raising my head.  Done some good work on P1-4, getting better with staying in inclination and the next part would be the right knee/right foot banking.

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Been awhile since I posted here, still a work in progress Feeling a little more right wrist bend at the start of the back swing(from P1 to P2) and just keep my pressure points on P4.  From P4-6 press into the ground with my left foot as the arms lower( release PA #1 and 4) and then make sure to keep the rotation up as I continue to go forward.  Right leg stays bent for too long and still flexes towards the ball too much, but better.

Mike McLoughlin

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to compare a swing from a few says ago to one from April.  Happy with the progress, thanks to Dave, Erik, Mario Bevilacqua

mvmac swing pic 10-29 1.jpg

mvmac swing 10-29 2.jpg

mvmac swing 10-29 3.jpg

mvmac swing 10-29 4.jpg

mvmac swing10-29 5.jpg

mvmac swing 10-29 6.jpg

mvmac swing 10-29 7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Right elbow (more pitch elbow) on the downswing looking really good now.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Nice Mike. P4 is money!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

The swing is looking great, Mike. You can really see the changes you've made over time. What was your handicap when you started?

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

• Administrator

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

The swing is looking great, Mike. You can really see the changes you've made over time. What was your handicap when you started?

+3. Now he's a 1.

I keeed, I keeeed!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I keeed, I keeeed!

Are you a fan of Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog?! You keep reminding me of that Eminem song...

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Great swing man, you've come a long way from your original video in this thread (and I'm sure even farther from your swing before that).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by uttexas

Right elbow (more pitch elbow) on the downswing looking really good now.

Yes that will always be the feel for me and that's what is getting that left arm better at P5-P6

Originally Posted by iacas

+3. Now he's a 1.

I keeed, I keeeed!

hehe good one.  Yeah, handicap really hasn't changed since April, don't play enough to make it change, I'm just a range rat now lol

But definitely hitting it better than I was in April, I just remember struggling that month with ball striking and we can see from the pics I had some issues.  I also feel my swing needs less maintenance now and I have a better idea what I need to do to hit it good.

Originally Posted by jamo

Great swing man, you've come a long way from your original video in this thread (and I'm sure even farther from your swing before that).

Thanks, I would LOVE to have some video of myself in college or even high school.  Up until my junior year I swung past parallel with a 7 iron.  Funny thing is my handicap was lower!  But I was playing everyday, compensated well, curved it one way (pull cut) and had a decent short game.  But no doubt, I hit it better now than I ever did.

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by mvmac

I also feel my swing needs less maintenance now and I have a better idea what I need to do to hit it good.

I'm dreaming of the day I get to that stage!

• 2 weeks later...

Great swing Mike.  Your finish position and balance is very impressive.

Thank you for sharing...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

• 5 months later...

Working on some good stuff.    Some old feels mixed in with some new ones.  On the backswing I tend to get the clubhead a little in and low from A1-2.  Some guys can get away from a not so perfect A2 but in my case it can start a chain reaction of compensations.  On the downswing I've been getting too much rotation and the club has been swinging too far to the left.  Doesn't match up with what shot I'm trying to hit, a high push draw.

mm swing A1.jpg

Making sure my hips and shoulders are aimed slightly to the right.  Butt of the club pointing at my navel on the dtl view.  Tilting my head 5* to the right to line up my eye line with my body alignments.

mm swing a2-a3.jpg

Hinging the left wrist much more so the clubhead ascends up the plane line, not under it.  Need to have zero right wrist bend as I push the grip end down as I load PA#2 (left wrist hinge)

mm swing A4-A5.jpg

As I continue the backswing, not allowing PA#3 to load (rotation of left forearm) so the shaft doesn't get shallow.  Want the lfeshy part of my left elbow to point towards the sky.  It it gets too shallow, I'll have some run on at A4.  Arms keep loading while the pivot stops.

From A4-A5 keeping the hip and shoulder slant feeling steep to keep my inclination to the ground.  Don't want my chest to raise.  Right leg feels straight to do this.

mm swing A6.jpg

If the shoulders and hips can stay steep, then I can rip PA#4 down and feel like I hammer the ball down in the ground and keep the right forearm tracing baseline.  Good feel or visual if that the left arm is chopping off my nipple to hammer the ball.

Blue line represents address knee flexion, so my knee is kicking out too much towards the ball.  This hinders my ability to fire the arms down because I lose my inclination.

mm swing A7-A7.9.jpg

Would like to see the right forearm tracing baseline, this is where I tend to miss it off the toe.  Good pic on the right though, the flying wedge stayed in longer than some other recent swings and like how the right foot is banking.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

We're working on similar things Mike, but you know that. :) If I have to hear James talk about shaving off my left nipple though, I don't know...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets