IGNORED

FedEx Point system..the way it SHOULD be

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 4967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How to do it:
Scrap the points. The top 125 on the PGA Tour money list get into the first tournament - or some other number, but base entry on the money list.
Each of the four tournaments are no-cut tournaments. All players play four rounds.
The low 100 and ties get into the second tournament.
The low 70 and ties get into the third tournament.
The low 30 and ties get into the final tournament.
The winner of the final tournament wins the Cup.

The first two tournaments might be a little messy because of so many players playing every day, but it doesn’t seem right to me to eliminate a guy after just two rounds. It might also create additional interest to see which players can recover after an indifferent start.

The only thing wrong with the FedEX(IMO) is that the playoffs reward too many points. The point scaling system should be normal tournament: 1000 pts playoff event: 2000 major tournament: 4000 points

or the easiest solution to GUARANTEE a dramatic finish (instead of relying on luck like happened this year. very lucky the fed ex played out the way it did. most of the time its clinched before the 18th. way before) is to simply have a top 32 match play. That way players would control their own destinies, too.

I have the best solution. Get rid of the FedEx Cup and make the majors the criteria for player of the year like it used to be. The FedEx Cup is so fake and artificial and not needed. It's like when they created the Monkeys to compete with the Beatles.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I have the best solution. Get rid of the FedEx Cup and make the majors the criteria for player of the year like it used to be. The FedEx Cup is so fake and artificial and not needed. It's like when they created the Monkeys to compete with the Beatles.

The Monkees was a TV show created to make money. It was a parody of a band. Hmmm . . . I see your point.

What should they do for the playoffs? Add a couple tournaments, and why not include the PGA championship? Imagine if a club pro made the FedEx - how cool would that be? Anyway, for the Tour Championship, there should be no points involved, only strokes. Give the points leader a strokes advantage - like 12 under par or something, all the way down to even par for the bottom 1/2 of the draw. A guy shooting all four days like Nick Watney did on the weekend and he could pull it off. Either way, everyone would know where they stand - no solo 25th to get in a playoff garbage (why are Watney and Hoffman not on the Ryder cup team while Fowler and Cink are? I digress.)

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I can see it now, "Jim Furyk has second place locked up by 2 shots? But he's going to take his usual 4 minutes on that 6 footer, because this stroke is still very important!!"

He is very aggravating to watch play... very slow and takes forever to putt.

I agree. Its hype. and with the Monkey / Beetles part too.

I know I'm wasting my breath, but until FedEX cup is match play (32 or 64) so that the winner of the tour championship ALWAYS gets the $10 million it will never be a satisfactory ending. Take the top 64 money leaders and let them do a sudden death play off (match play). The way it is now is just like the BCS with its' screwy point system and selection of just two teams for a championship playoff.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!