IGNORED

Worst Putting Day Ever and I snapped my 56* in half.....

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently had a day like that . . posted a thread here about it. I've been shooting in the high 90's/low 100's and played a course with tough greens . .couldn't make a thng . .4,5 and 6 putted my way to an estimated 130 .. estimated because I got so frustrated I just picked up the ball on a few occasions.

Let me make this clear, Like you I abhor temper tamptrums and I wasnt whining incessantly or disrespecting the course or anything. I snapped my club like stealthly lol I flubb'd a chip didnt say anything and just snapped it over my knee walked to the trash dropped in grabbed a dif wedge and putter and walked back to my ball. The guy I was with and my buddy just started laughing hysterically.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Sorry to hear about your frustration with your putting. I'm not a great putter by any means but I do have a way to reel things back in when I start having a putting day like you mentioned. Mentally, I focus on trying to cozy the ball up next to the hole to allow for a tap-in. I don't think about holing the ball at all, just think about what it would take (line/speed) to have it come to rest as close to the hole as possible. That usually works instantly and even drops a few putts. Somehow, thinking about THAT seems to get all the components of the putt thought-process working...don't know why. Anyway, works for me.

Thanks. You know what I had been putting really good for myself up until this round. I started putting well when I adopted this mentality of just aiming to barely miss. Then you can be happy with a shot within 1.5 ft of where you were aiming. I guess I just lost forgot about this thanks for mentioning it and I am going to be conscious of that next time I play I think it should help alot.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Let me make this clear, Like you I abhor temper tamptrums and I wasnt whining incessantly or disrespecting the course or anything. I snapped my club like stealthly lol I flubb'd a chip didnt say anything and just snapped it over my knee walked to the trash dropped in grabbed a dif wedge and putter and walked back to my ball. The guy I was with and my buddy just started laughing hysterically.

Ya . .a lot of guys post on here that they did this or that .. and then backtrack when they get called on it. In your first post you were frustrated all day and snapped your wedge . . now you were just joking and broke a 15 dollar club.

I guess we'll never really know what happened because we weren't there . . but your first post did sound like you were having a temper tantrum.

That's why, if feasable/permitted, I putt out any 2nd putt under 4 feet.

When would you NOT putt out from inside 4 feet?

Are you telling us that these turkeys who play gimmes give themselves/each other putts that are 2, 3 and 4 feet long? Good grief!!!!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Ya . .a lot of guys post on here that they did this or that .. and then backtrack when they get called on it. In your first post you were frustrated all day and snapped your wedge . . now you were just joking and broke a 15 dollar club.

Now where in my first post other than saying that I broke my club or that I was frustrated because I couldnt putt that I was having a temper tantrum all day long?? you dont even know me im extremely calm even if im fuming to the boiling point. Nice online assertion and reading ability. Also where did I mention the price of the club until somebody suggested i broke an expensive one?

When would you NOT putt out from inside 4 feet?

By putt out, I meant not mark and go right up and hit it in. As in, "I'm going to finish". Most people seemed to get it.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Lol you would think that his daughter made the club for me or something lol. It was a garbage sandwedge I grabbed at walmart for $15 3years ago lol and I only started using it when i lost my 60* 3 weeks ago.

lol. I was going say that you should've kept it to put a new shaft on it.. thinking that it was something like a Vokey or CG15.

Frustration is part of the game, I guess. I don't get frustrated any more with my puttings. I do decent on slow greens, but man am I terrible on fast greens. Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

Jeez who cares I am sure we have all had momements were we felt like breaking our clubs, he just actually did it. I thought I would never get pissed enough to slam my clubs down or throw them but after 3 or 4 bad shots a few rounds ago I slammed the ground with my 5 iron. I dont think its a big deal, as long as you are not damaging course property or bothering other people on the course a thrown or broken club every now and then isnt going to kill anyone.

I would bet money that every person on this forum has had a meltdown of one form or another. Nothing wrong with it unless you are dragging down your playing partners or damaging the course. It's all part of being competitive. Some people crawl into a shell when they get frustrated, and others let it out. Either way is fully understandable........ to me anyways.

Played a round this weekend. 1putted the first hole for par and the last hole for bogey inbetween those holes it was a disaster.

Trust a Bruins fan to snap his sand wedge to spite his putter - LOL.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Trust a Bruins fan to snap his sand wedge to spite his putter - LOL.

ROFL got me there

I've lost count of the clubs that I've broken over the years. I've mellowed with age, so I haven't broken anything in a long, long time, but back in the day, I was Tommy Bolt on a meth bender.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Broke a few in my day. It took years to get the Hockey mentality out of my golf game.

Ha. Ya same here. I dont know how many sticks I went through growing up!!! hahaha

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I hope what you were embarassed about was snapping you wedge more then your putting.

But to answer your question, it does happen to me once and while, for me it usaully a minor thing that is off, and then my grip pressure gets too strong and my putting really falls apart. relax. that helps.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I took it to mean you picked up as a gimme.

How the heck would me saying I continue to putt out my second putt be mistaken for picking up? I thought most people were familar with the concept of continuous putting.

http://www.peakperformancegolfswing....inuous-putting

My Tools of Ignorance:

By putt out, I meant not mark and go right up and hit it in. As in, "I'm going to finish". Most people seemed to get it.

I'm sure an apology will be coming down the pike at any moment.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm sure an apology will be coming down the pike at any moment.

LMAO, like death and taxes. And I would be dead if I held my breath on it.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Note: This thread is 4963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!