IGNORED

2010 Ryder Cup

bogie
Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

man Cink is being clutch. Just made another like 100 foot putt to make the match all square. I also had a feeling that bubba and overton would be a good team. They look like they are having fun and are really into it.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing Molinari brothers in foursomes?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I apologize for this post but I feel like I need to vent out about Pavin.

He has got muppet written all over him

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I expected Tiger and Stricker to walk all over Poulter and Fischer. They just haven't got going yet really. I still expect them to win that match. Cink and Kuchar doing so well is a bit of a surprise too. Cink is obviously just one of those guys who gets going for the Ryder cup regardless of previous form.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

So the guys who aren't seeing action today are Furyk, Fowler, Zach Johnson, and Mahan for the U.S., and Hanson, Jimenez, and the Molinaris for Europe. I wonder how long the captains are going to hold them back tomorrow.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/shag-bag/

RANDALL MELL, Senior Writer, GolfChannel.com Posted 10/01/2010, 11:15 AM EST

NEWPORT, Wales – Ryder Cup play is scheduled to resume at 5 p.m. local time (noon, ET) today at Celtic Manor.

With the 7-hour and 15-minute suspension of play due to rain, the Ryder Cup almost certainly will be pushed into Monday, though Ryder Cup officials have yet to actually confirm that.

No matter how much rain continues to fall, the Ryder Cup must end no later than sunset on Monday (6:43 p.m.) by captain’s agreement. Any matches that have not been completed at that time will be declared halved. The score at that time will be recorded as the final result.

“There has to be a moment that you must end,” European Tour Director of Communications Gordon Simpson said. “We have another tournament next week, the Dunhill Links, and players have commitments. The decision was that the moment it must end is Monday at sunset.”

This statement raises a lot of issues:
(Given there is more rain in the forecast, and possibly more standing water on the way, which would really bring this lovely scenario into play)

Saturday Morning
With one hour and 15 minutes left of play left today the Friday opening match will restart at the 12th hole.

Start at dawn (7:15) each day, which is 30 minutes earlier than today's tee time (7:45).

Taking into account not all matches end at 18, the completion of today's matches optimistically will end at 9:30 am

So the first tee shot in "Friday" alternate shot would be struck at 10:00 am.
Alternate shot is only 1 ball per side and again not all matches end up at 18. So say optimistically 4-hour rounds. Therefore the respective tee times would be:

10, 10:15, 10:30, 11:45. Building in some leeway time the last match would end at approximately 4:15.

The Saturday 4-ball matches would start at 4:30. That would give them 2 hours and 15 minutes worth of play, which is roughly 8 or 9 holes of play.

Sunday morning
Let's say the first "Saturday" first ball match restarts at the 10th hole, so again hopefully the completion of the 4-ball would be at 9:30 am

Then the same tee times for the alternate shot would take place and end at 4:15 pm.

(This whole happy scenario is contingent upon no more lengthy delays thereby making a Monday finish possible.)

But:
As it stands, assuming my math is correct:

They only have 2 hours and 30 minutes left of rain delay to play with.

With more heavy rain being forecast to quote baseball Hall of Famer Yogi Berra,
"It gets late early out here"
Also, say they have good weather the next 2 days and get the team sessions completed. They start the singles matches on Monday, which goes 8 or 9 holes.
Then it pours for hours.

The tournament officials are telling the players, fans and networks that if the matches can't be done by sundown Monday all the singles matches will be declared halved?

Under this hypothetical, the Dunhill Links and player commitments would be more important than the Ryder Cup?

On the bright side this delay (barring anymore lengthy delays) means live coverage of team matches assuming NBC gets it right.

Note: Ryder Cup officials issued this statement shortly before play was halted for the day on Friday:

NEWPORT, Wales -- In view of the adverse weather conditions today, and the 7 hours, 18 minutes of playing time lost, a new playing schedule has been agreed to for the second and third sessions:

--The 2nd session will comprise six foursome matches.

--The 3rd session will comprise 2 foursome and 4 fourball matches.

--This will be followed by the 12 singles matches.

This means there will still be a total of 28 points available, of which 8 will be decided by foursomes and 8 by foursomes, and it is hoped that play will be completed by Sunday afternoon as scheduled.

If necessary, play will continue into Monday.

This new format will commence Saturday, likely after the first session is completed.

More thoughts about these changes and the possible impact on this match to come later this evening.

Good luck is all I can say.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Well, I like where the US is right now...up in two matches and AS in one. I guess it was a good night to sleep, being the rain delay took 7 hours! So, why does the television coverage not start until 7am (central). I wish ESPN would do the early coverage and then NBC could take it over, oh well. Phil looks very uncomfortable and Tiger is just being Tiger, making a good shot every 2-3 holes. IMO I wish Pavin would have sent Zach Johnson out, not only because he's my favorite golfer, but he's played in that type of weather when he was growing up. Living in Iowa, the weather conditions today matches perfect to our Spring here. I think just as he played well in the cool conditions at Augusta in 2007, he would have lifted up whatever pairing he was included in. Oh well, I think he'll get his chance to play in crappy weather.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Basically, it means that the captains have to let all their players on the course for the duration of the event.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Basically, it means that the captains have to let all their players on the course for the duration of the event.

Exactly! If they have 6 foursome matches at one time.

Pretty much takes away a lot of strategy with the pairings. Right? Wow this is going to be interesting.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Single strategy - send your hottest players out first, hoping to finish with a win.
Send weak players out later hoping they'd get an auto 'half' even if they're down 5 ;)

Single strategy - send your hottest players out first, hoping to finish with a win.

Blind draw. I assume they don't pick slot they are playing in?

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!