IGNORED

Lee Westwood chooses NOT to be PGA Tour member in 2011

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

tiger doesn't have personality? why surely you jest. by personality, we're not talking about who comes up with the cleverest post-round interviews, or who is the nicest guy on tour and gets along with the most peers in the locker room. it's about who makes golf more exciting to watch.

Do I take it you didn't read the point I was replying to? Specifically,

"...but he personality is really bad, so boring in interviews etc, can send you to sleep!" I won;t disagree with you that Tiger, at his best (or even at normal standard) is very exciting on the course, there is no way you can maintain that his interviews are interesting.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The interview last 1-10 minutes, they play golf for 16+ hours. What does it matter what they say in an interview?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the day a golf interview is interesting to me, I'm going to start wearing penny loafers, shorts, and high grey socks.

"Well, see...I saw the hole there and I was 176 yards away..so I pulled the club and hit the ball towards that spot over there."

"What about that approach on 15? What were you thinking about leading up that?"

"well, see...I saw the hole there and I was 143 yards away...so I pulled my PW and tried to land it on that spot and use the bank to get it over there."

"Thanks (insert any pro golfer here)...back to you Nick!"

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

the day a golf interview is interesting to me, I'm going to start wearing penny loafers, shorts, and high grey socks.

"well, i played my best but i just missed a few putts. sure was a nice day though wasn't it?"

"Sure was Phil. Back to you Nick!"

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Well this topic has gone off thread and back more times than Tiger has had mistress's.

I can understand people saying that he is boring, when you watch Tiger and Phil etc they make some of the best shots people ever see taking such big risks and making it all look so easy. Westwood plays steady very rarely taking risks and trying to take those massive risk taking shots like the others. This does make him rather boring to watch although I am a big fan of his and hope he has a great year in 2011. (patriotic I guess)

On interviews he does answer the questions and is more open.

I love watch golf and its on from Thursday to Sunday in my house, my daughter plays as well so i guess im lucky I can get away with it been on all the time. I love to watch Tiger and Phil as they make the game exciting playing some great unbelievable shots which is why we all watch it I suppose, but at the same time its nice to keep some of the better players on the Euro tour

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand some of the bashing Westwood has taken. He is a great player to rebound the way he has after injuries nearly ended his career. He's got my vote for Comeback Player of the Year hands down. He will take over the #1 ranking on Halloween. The ranking system is flawed big time. I think the rankings should be done somewhat like college football. Everyone starts from scratch at the beginning of the year. After 2-3 months, before the first WGC event, whichever comes first, when everyone has had a chance to get into multiple tournaments, that is when the rankings come out based on finish positions.

There is no doubt that the golf media in the US is slanted towards "our guys". When Poulter first came on the scene, I thought he was a real flake. All flash and no game, but the more interviews that I have seen with him, the more I like the guy. I follow him on Twitter and he does great charity work with very sick children by flying them over here to the States. He just had them at Disney a week or so ago. Granted, it could all be for show while the camera's are on and when they're off he turns into a real a$$. If we got to see more of Lee and got to find out more about him and his life, I think people would change their minds about him. Just look at what they were saying about him leading up to the RC, 'he's a guy that enjoys having a few pints with the boys' (paraphrasing). That's my kind of guy. Go out with the guys, tee it up, have some fun while getting in some practice and kick back afterwards with a few pints and tell a few jokes/stories/lies I think there needs to be more players mic'd up during the tournaments to get a better understanding of who they are and how they interact with other players and the fans.

Coming to you from the now, in the middle of now.

Driver- TRX Ti 10.5* w/ UST V2 Stiff
5-wood- Verve w/ UST ProForce 75 Stiff
Hybrid- Verve #3 w/ Grafalloy Epic hybrid shaft StiffIrons- Pursuit C510 Forged Cavity Backs 4-PW w/ Rifle 6.0Wedges- SGS Black 52* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold High Launch...

Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!