IGNORED

Anthony Kim

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't say I'm an AK fan, but I can't believe there's people here actually writing him off. Such a drastic over-reaction, it's actually laughable and goes a long way to show what some on this forum really know about the world of Golf, i.e. nothing. He's been out of the game for 6 months, had surgery and is only a few weeks back. You try taking that long away from Golf and see how your swing is. He's a solid professional, regardless of his 'work ethic', and trust me, he's in no danger of losing his card, ever. Far too talented for that. Rewind back to April when he won the Houston open, his 3rd tour win, and also put in a great final round at the Masters to give Phil a run for his money. At that point, most people would have rated him amongst the top 10 players in the World. Talk about short memories

this surprises you on this forum?

this is a forum where people started writing off Tiger after Akron.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Oklahoma and am good friends with one of the girls that used to be on the OU women's team (Anthony played golf for OU). She says Anthony is a stand up dude. I think he's one of the most interesting players on tour right now and I hope he can come back from his injury. The PGA tour has enough boring, balding old dudes, I love watching guys like Kim and Rickie Fowler.

I can't say I'm an AK fan, but I can't believe there's people here actually writing him off. Such a drastic over-reaction, it's actually laughable and goes a long way to show what some on this forum really know about the world of Golf, i.e. nothing. He's been out of the game for 6 months, had surgery and is only a few weeks back. You try taking that long away from Golf and see how your swing is. He's a solid professional, regardless of his 'work ethic', and trust me, he's in no danger of losing his card, ever. Far too talented for that. Rewind back to April when he won the Houston open, his 3rd tour win, and also put in a great final round at the Masters to give Phil a run for his money. At that point, most people would have rated him amongst the top 10 players in the World. Talk about short memories

nevermind that at the Masters, his thumb was messed up..and he still played that great. Anthony Kim coming back after a surgery on a vital part of the body in relation to the golf swing and going to play in PRO tournies is not the same as you coming back from the winter and hitting your mulligans and foot wedges, lol. He's competing at the highest level right after he's able to swing a club again. Dude is a serious gamer and will become a major champion.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I am not a doctor, but my money is on that he came back too quick.

I will double down and say he is just fine come next year.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Kim is pure awesome. Him and mcilroy gonna have some serious battles over the next few years. Kim is a pure feel player also!! he just sees the pin and sticks it to it with not alot of analytical thought involved. Could imagine with that type of approach any injury would cause problems. not being able to analyse and play through pain ect.

check this out off youtube pretty cool this just part 1 so ..

G15 9* stiff
MP-60 s400
CG15 52* 56* 60*
COLT Eyeline Lefthanded
Z-star or Pro V1

Anthony Kim has said himself that he has a terrible work ethic, so he either needs to develop one, or he's going somewhere besides the PGA

You are kidding right? If he doesn't have a work ethic, he is one of the most talented players on tour.

Kim's money list ranking 2010 23rd 2009 39th 2008 6th 2007 60th As you can see he has never been in any trouble of losing his tour card. He isn't going anywhere.

You are kidding right? If he doesn't have a work ethic, he is one of the most talented players on tour.

I don't know what you're getting at. Ask any PGA TOUR player, not one will tell you he has a strong (or even average) work ethic. I doubt Kim himself will tell you he has a strong work ethic. And yeah, he is incredibly talented.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know what you're getting at. Ask any PGA TOUR player, not one will tell you he has a strong (or even average) work ethic. I doubt Kim himself will tell you he has a strong work ethic. And yeah, he is incredibly talented.

The point I'm making is that he isn't going anywhere, good work ethic or not. The poster said without a work ethic he is headed somewhere other than the PGA tour. I was refuting that comment.

And his driving distance is also decreasing. He used to drive around 300 yards. Now his driving distance is only 287 yards (ranked 101st)..... what's the deal with that? Equipment?
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

And his driving distance is also decreasing. He used to drive around 300 yards. Now his driving distance is only 287 yards (ranked 101st)..... what's the deal with that? Equipment?

nah i read an interview where he talked about how he used to drive extremely aggressively. his swing is much more refined now to be more accurate (at the cost of a bit of distance). If you look at his driving accuracy, it was down somewhere like 51%, ranked 186th for accuracy. My guess is he's dropping his distance a bit to get his accuracy up a bit. hoepfully we'll see some better accuracy stats coming from AK in the coming years.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

nah i read an interview where he talked about how he used to drive extremely aggressively. his swing is much more refined now to be more accurate (at the cost of a bit of distance). If you look at his driving accuracy, it was down somewhere like 51%, ranked 186th for accuracy. My guess is he's dropping his distance a bit to get his accuracy up a bit. hoepfully we'll see some better accuracy stats coming from AK in the coming years.

When you compared to 2008, he got better accuracy like 58%. So I don't think he's improving in accuracy with the new swing...

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

The point I'm making is that he isn't going anywhere, good work ethic or not. The poster said without a work ethic he is headed somewhere other than the PGA tour. I was refuting that comment.

And my point is that right now, in a strange recovering-from-injury stage, if he doesn't work at it hard it will be tough for him to regain what he had. With a thumb injury he couldn't play golf at all for months. It's not something you can come back from without working at it. You're probably right, I doubt he will lose his card, but he won't get back to being a top 10 in the world golfer without some hard work.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

And my point is that right now, in a strange recovering-from-injury stage, if he doesn't work at it hard it will be tough for him to regain what he had. With a thumb injury he couldn't play golf at all for months. It's not something you can come back from without working at it. You're probably right, I doubt he will lose his card, but he won't get back to being a top 10 in the world golfer without some hard work.

I don't recall asking for your point!

You questioned me. Anyway, why do you think he will need hard work to get it back when he had it before without doing hard work? He just needs to knock the rust off a little and he will be fine.

I don't recall asking for your point!

Before he starting playing again I thought that knocking off the rust was all he would have to do. But since he's come back he's clearly struggled, and he's been back long enough that it's probably not so much rust anymore as it is losing hie swing from not playing for so long.

In my bag:

• 2 weeks later...
wow, thats pretty sad, what an idiot

He is not an idiot. He is a 25 year old millionaire. If sad is living it up in Vegas like Kim and having millions of dollars, sign me up.

He is not an idiot. He is a 25 year old millionaire. If sad is living it up in Vegas like Kim and having millions of dollars, sign me up.

That is exactly the problem. AK is in a stage right now where he isn't fully appreciative of what he has and many be taking things for granted; especially, his golf game. That is the issue. Having a million dollars in the bank doesn't give you the right to act like an a**, 25 years old or not.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!