IGNORED

Anthony Kim

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry saw the video of AK and Tiger at a clinic when Tiger was hurt. Tiger was walking through different things and asking AK what he thought. AK inevatably answered everything with I dont know or thats what a caddie is for or I just hit it. Sounds like another guy I know(JD). He has also said I believe that he wishes he was good at a real sport like baseball or football. And not sure if he will stick around the golf scene too long.

did we watch the same video? because the clinic video i watched, AK was great. He explained a lot of his ideas on "feel". Sure he had a hard time explaining some thigns because he relies so much on his feel, but overall, I thought that clinic was actually great.

Likewise, the eipsode of Playiong Lessons With the Pro's with AK was a great one.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, thats pretty sad, what an idiot

funny, because I was thinking, "damn, I want to party with that guy!"

Some of you guys are reading way too far into this one. AK will be fine and will be on tour for years to come.

Did you read his golf digest interview with him saying he could live with out golf. what a lamer . i hope he loses for saying that.

Lot of young Korean kids are pushed into the sport of golf because they have a legitimate chance of making it on the tour. Think about it if your parents pushed you every day to practice and play golf when at some points you just wanted to hang out with your buddies. He had a pretty rough childhood growing up golfing which jeopardized his relationship with his dad. You or I don't know what it takes to be a pro or what he's gone through so I find you to be the lamer.

Another example of tough childhood: http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-i...ntracts-17076/
I'd perfer to see an athlete whose heart is in what he's doing.

You can't assume that he doesn't try his best when he's out there just because he admittedly says that he can live on without golf. It's their profession, I'm sure you can go on without your job but I'd hope that if you hold a job that you'd do it to your best.

Sorry saw the video of AK and Tiger at a clinic when Tiger was hurt. Tiger was walking through different things and asking AK what he thought. AK inevatably answered everything with I dont know or thats what a caddie is for or I just hit it. Sounds like another guy I know(JD). He has also said I believe that he wishes he was good at a real sport like baseball or football. And not sure if he will stick around the golf scene too long.

Does it make him worse than the other pros on tour if he doesn't have an answer to those questions? He plays through feel and doesn't analyze the game like some of the other pros and there is nothing wrong with that. I actually like the fact that he was very candid during the clinic and didn't try to talk some BS to the people to try and make himself look good.

Tiger: "AK, how do you hit a draw?" AK: "I pray"

« Keith »

i think he's gonna tear it up today

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Lot of young Korean kids are pushed into the sport of golf because they have a legitimate chance of making it on the tour. Think about it if your parents pushed you every day to practice and play golf when at some points you just wanted to hang out with your buddies. He had a pretty rough childhood growing up golfing which jeopardized his relationship with his dad. You or I don't know what it takes to be a pro or what he's gone through so I find you to be the lamer.

what ever fan boy

lol, pretty rough childhood????

His parents worked all day so that he had the chance to live a carefree life and just golf all day. I wished I had a rough childhood like that. Everything he has he pretty much owes to his father. If his father didn´t make him practice, Anthony would be pumping your gas today.
You can't assume that he doesn't try his best when he's out there just because he admittedly says that he can live on without golf.

Duh, of course he can. He´s a millionaire. He doesn´t strike me as a guy that has the competitive killer attitude of "I´d rather die than lose to you". To me his attitude sounds more like "I don´t need to win. I just need to make enough money so that I can continue this lifestyle". The latter unfortunately makes up 99% of the guys on tour nowadays.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

To me his attitude sounds more like "I don´t need to win. I just need to make enough money so that I can continue this lifestyle".

Doesn't that describe the majority of people in any profession? Do you strive to be the best in your field or just get to the next level without getting yelled at?

Gotta go unjam the printer - out of TPS cover sheets.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Doesn't that describe the majority of people in any profession? Do you strive to be the best in your field or just get to the next level without getting yelled at?

The vast majority of people are also lazy, out of shape slobs that live boring lives.

Greatness is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

The vast majority of people are also lazy, out of shape slobs that live boring lives.

Imagine being good enough at something that you can give 20% effort and still be in relatively elite company. To trash that guy sounds like jealousy to me. So he's not destined for greatness then. Who cares?!? It's time to go trash Rory now.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Also, just to be a pedant, the vast majority of all people are lean and hungry and lead lives that are interesting in ways you'd find hard to imagine, and certainly wouldn't want to experience.

A vanishingly small number of them give a crap about Anthony Kim, or golf for that matter.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who cares?!?

Not that I include myself totally in this: but people care because they don't like it when someone has an obvious gift- that most of us lack- and they throw it away.

Me- well, I just like watching the golf.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not that I include myself totally in this: but people care because they don't like it when someone has an obvious gift- that most of us lack- and they throw it away.

Not being a raging tool is a gift too. He doesn't seem to have that one. A lot of professional athletes don't. Such is their cross to bear.

Growing up korean here in the states, I'm not sure how you can make such a statement. More like a lot of korean kids are pushed to study their asses off to go to an ivy league school, then law/medical school and make a lot of money. Koreans aren't stupid, the vast majority of potential golfers DO NOT have a legitimate chance to make it on the tour. You make it sound it's as simple as paying your dues and putting in the time, and bam, you're an Anthony Kim. That is not the case. A small % of golfers will make, it, the vast majority will not. I didn't meet any korean kids while growing up or even in college, where they were pushed into any sport over academics. If anything, golf is just another "extra-curricular" activity to put on their college admissions application.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

id still put whatever i own on him getting back and having a great 2011, the kids class and thats all that really matters

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Growing up korean here in the states, I'm not sure how you can make such a statement. More like a lot of korean kids are pushed to study their asses off to go to an ivy league school, then law/medical school and make a lot of money. Koreans aren't stupid, the vast majority of potential golfers DO NOT have a legitimate chance to make it on the tour. You make it sound it's as simple as paying your dues and putting in the time, and bam, you're an Anthony Kim. That is not the case. A small % of golfers will make, it, the vast majority will not. I didn't meet any korean kids while growing up or even in college, where they were pushed into any sport over academics. If anything, golf is just another "extra-curricular" activity to put on their college admissions application.

I guess AK's dad was an idiot for pushing his son the way he did. The older generation might have been more prone to pushing their children towards academics but the recent generation have changed. It's obvious that majority of the kids that play golf will not make it on tour but the parents will push their children in hopes that they will have a future in it. By the way, this does not only pertain the boys but just as much girls. With all the success that Korean women have on the LPGA, they see glimmer of hope in maybe seeing their children playing on tour. I know of person who dropped out of college to play/practice golf full time to try and make it on tour and is still trying to get on the Nationwide at the age of 25. So yes, not everyone puts in their time and becomes AK obviously but parents are willing to push and support their children. Although it may be to extremes at times.

If you want to see some first hand, your welcome to come to the practice range that I go to since you are in NYC. The Korean kids there spend most of their time there or on the golf course outside of school.

« Keith »

• 1 month later...

I don't know Paula Creamer but I have heard she is still having her problems with her thumb's recovery.

In my family and circle of friends three women have had thumb surgery.  All are still having trouble putting on panty hose, holding a knife preparing meals, holding silverware when eating.  All three have said that even though it is over a year and a half the pain is still pretty bad, and mobility in-spite of regular therapy is limited.  All have said they wish they didn't have the surgery.  One has to have the surgery on her other thumb, but says it won't happen unless forced by pain.

Maybe some other members on the forum have had thumb surgery.  I know the surgery can reattach ligaments and tendons, or replace the bone between the palm and the first knuckle.  But it sounds like it is more complicated that is let on.

I wonder if Anthony is suffering more than he is letting on?

Originally Posted by neophytea

I don't know Paula Creamer but I have heard she is still having her problems with her thumb's recovery.

In my family and circle of friends three women have had thumb surgery.  All are still having trouble putting on panty hose, holding a knife preparing meals, holding silverware when eating.  All three have said that even though it is over a year and a half the pain is still pretty bad, and mobility in-spite of regular therapy is limited.  All have said they wish they didn't have the surgery.  One has to have the surgery on her other thumb, but says it won't happen unless forced by pain.

Maybe some other members on the forum have had thumb surgery.  I know the surgery can reattach ligaments and tendons, or replace the bone between the palm and the first knuckle.  But it sounds like it is more complicated that is let on.

I wonder if Anthony is suffering more than he is letting on?

I have continuous recurring problems with swelling, pain, tenderness, and grip strength in my left thumb.  It comes and goes, but it always comes back, and my doctor won't consider surgery unless it gets quite a bit worse.  A lot of potential problems/complications apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito View Post
Would you prefer that he lie? He's being honest, and I appreciate that.

I'd perfer to see an athlete whose heart is in what he's doing.

You sound jealous

If you could make millions playing golf and not really wanting to i bet you would play as well.

Shit i'll play any sport if i can get paid that kinda money. who cares if he likes it or not. he's good

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Note: This thread is 4680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!