IGNORED

Your favorite golf music?

Underthewind
Note: This thread is 3494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by JCoop

You can't get better than this:

Not a fan, but I don't care for music on the course unless it's to drown out someone who eats with their mouth open.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Jack Nicklaus wrote that he had 'Moon River' running in his head as he competed and ultimately won the tourney. Was he humming the tune, singing aloud or only mouthing those meaningful lyrics?  On another ST thread, the use of music, whether via boombox or earbuds, is debated as whether a violation of the rules. Namely the rule that forbids any assistance when making a shot, which some believe extends to the mental conditioning that my go along with continual listening, even when between shots.

Some friends love to bring tunes to the course, I find it distracting, especially if I like the music they are playing--I start listening to the music instead of paying attention to golf. However, a month ago, I was in a scramble and one of my teammates started playing the Bee Gees. I found their lighthearted, upbeat tunes uplifting and fun to play golf with.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

silence

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

I prefer silence. I like to concentrate, though sometimes 300 Violin Orchestra (look it up on YouTube) will get me pumped up. Most epic song ever

Originally Posted by joekelly

On another ST thread, the use of music, whether via boombox or earbuds, is debated as whether a violation of the rules.

No debate necessary it's covered in depth by Decision 14-3/16 . We had to penalize a player in one of our association tournaments earlier this year for this exact infraction.

Personally, I do not like to listen to music while hitting balls but I do on occasion while practicing my putting. I do like to listen to music early in the morning on the way to the course and while stretching. I like heavy metal it wakes me up!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I listen to liquid dnb, dubstep or drumstep :) Nothing better than a nice evening with no one on the practise with a low sun hitting balls with dnb in your ears.

Example below:

Greetings from Belgium!

I enjoy listening to music while I'm at the range, but while golfing I wouldn't want it to get all the sweat on it.

But while I'm at the range: dub step, nirvana, sleeping with sirens, and some older rap and newer stuff that doesn't get on the radio.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

I'll usually turn on the citizen cope station on pandora, or some Eli Young Band or something of the like. The range I frequent has a bar/restaurant built in which also has an outdoor stage for live music. They have a live band out there over the weekend, but also have music playing most nights. It doesn't distract me at all, just kind of makes it more enjoyable. They had karaoke night last night though, but surprisingly it wasn't as distracting as one may think.

i listen to music  when i play by myself. i recently found a 18 hole course that does not have much activity on it. its nice to get in a beat and just practice on the swing and contact. yesterday i found something out  on my irons (been hitting then  like chit ). so saturday will probably play 18 alone and work on my swing position and have fun.

whenever i play, i always seem to have a song stuck in my head anyways...so playing most of my rounds alone on a quiet course, i often put a playlist on my phone, put the phone in my bag and listen to music as i walk. i know i am not distracting others, as there are often not many others on this course, and because i cant even hear the music from the distance of my bag being off the green on a par 3 to the pin. obviously, if i see someone coming up an adjacent fairway i turn the music off, but even when i play in my work league, im humming a song or thinking of the lyrics during my shot.

i shot a 38 in my league 2 nights ago against the leagues #1 handicapped player to beat him straight up...all the while having Soul To Squeeze by RCHP in my head.

in my opinion, it is way better to have music in your head than those 15 swing thoughts....it really helps me just "play golf" rather than tinker during a round

I don't listen to music while playing golf, but if I had to pick my favorite "golf music" , I'd pick this......LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Im a 70's hard rock guy, but I have never, ever listened to music on the golf course. Not that I have a proble, with it, I just dont do it.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Im a 70's hard rock guy, but I have never, ever listened to music on the golf course. Not that I have a proble, with it, I just dont do it.

I'm with ya brutha'.......

But I've been known to listen to this on the way......or home from the course:

What's in Paul's Bag:

I have a tiny mp3 player with a golf ball sized speaker that hangs on my golf bag. No head phones. It's loud enough that I can hear it when I shoulder my bag and if it's set up near me, but when I place at the edge of the green it's hard to hear when I'm at the hole. It has a lot of metal, 80s rap, 80s alternative, a few classic rock songs, and some new and old punk.

Originally Posted by KingG

I have a tiny mp3 player with a golf ball sized speaker that hangs on my golf bag. No head phones. It's loud enough that I can hear it when I shoulder my bag and if it's set up near me,

Sheesh....I don't even have that!!

I just hop inside "BLACK BETTY" ....and crank the tunes on the way to the course!

DesktopBackground-Thunder.jpg

I'm slummin'.........

What's in Paul's Bag:

Note: This thread is 3494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!