IGNORED

Golfetail on ebay legit?

Note: This thread is 4139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Honestly, I would have thought the same thing until I saw the article in Golf Digest. There are pictures of the fakes beside the genuine clubs. The my spy website link above has a lot of pics of fakes and real clubs as well. After seeing that, I am convinced it would be quite hard to tell the difference by their appearance. I always knew there was lots of fake clubs, namely coming out of China. However, I never realized it was this common. Buyer beware is a bit of an understatement.

-Dan

Honestly, I would have thought the same thing until I saw the article in Golf Digest. There are pictures of the fakes beside the genuine clubs. The my spy website link above has a lot of pics of fakes and real clubs as well. After seeing that, I am convinced it would be quite hard to tell the difference by their appearance. I always knew there was lots of fake clubs, namely coming out of China. However, I never realized it was this common. Buyer beware is a bit of an understatement.

I agree that there are a lot of guys there in ebay selling counterfeits. But there are a lot that selll the real thing at excellent prices. As I stated above, I bought a set of irons Nike CCI forged at 1/3 of the original price from Golfetail, I just bought 2 wedged Cleveland CG14 from gppgolf at $65 a piece + shipping. Clubs are great and absolutely genuine. As these two there are several others like dallasgolf, timtheputterman and others. You have to be pretty selective to avoid getting stuck with knockoffs

:sunmountain: C 130 Cart Bag :titleist: 910 D2 Driver 8.5° Fujikura ROMBAX 7Z08 Stiff (280 yds)
titleist.gif 909 F2 #3 13.5° Blueboard S- (260 yrs) titleist.gif 909 H 17° Voodoo S (240 yds) :mizuno: MP 58 4i to PW PX 6.0 (210-200-185-170-160-145-135 yds) vokey.gif  50°/6 (120) 55°/10 (105) 60°/4(90)

:nike: Untitized Tiempo putter Ball: any top ball on sale, currently Srixon Z Star Tour yellow.

• 6 months later...
I was curious if Golfetail was legit so I looked on Callaways approved online sellers and a place called North County Golf Outlet showed up with the same mailing address as Golfetail uses. I called them and asked if there wrre affliated with Golfetail and they said "Yes, Golfetail is our ebay store and we are an authorized dealer with Callaway". I am waiting on my clubs right now and will let you know how it turns out. I am still a little worried but that info did make me feel better.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

How did those clubs turn out?  I just bought a set of callaway x20 tour  -left handed.  I won them for 250$  I'm assuming the price was low due to the few lefty golfers out there.  I will see them on Aug. 3rd.

• 1 year later...

I sent Mike Orton's response to Callaway and asked them if Golfetail was an authorized dealer.  See their response below.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your recent E-mail. We appreciate your taking the time to contact us with your inquiry.

In response to your inquiry, golfetail.com is not one of Callaway’s authorized online retailers

I'm not buying from them.....good luck if you do.

Originally Posted by Ripper

I sent Mike Orton's response to Callaway and asked them if Golfetail was an authorized dealer.  See their response below.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your recent E-mail. We appreciate your taking the time to contact us with your inquiry.

In response to your inquiry, golfetail.com is not one of Callaway’s authorized online retailers

I'm not buying from them.....good luck if you do.

I am a bit suspicious that this is your first post ever on the forums.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The thing that intrigues me is the people who played these "counterfeit" clubs and said they played fine, but then after finding out they are not "authentic" the clubs become worthless

I am sorry, why all of a sudden does the club not perform like it did before?

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Note: This thread is 4139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!