IGNORED

Taylormade Burner Irons 2.0

q7w
Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I was planning on getting these.

I just tested them out in a shop today

I almost had an orgasm, haha

No, I mean, I have never felt a club that felt so right in my hands

The weight was perfect. It's hard to describe until you try them

Even though I never hit any balls, I have my answer on what my next clubs will be.

Anyone else have a set? What's your opinions? Or am I jumping the gun? I think finding the right club has alot to do how it personally feels to you. Sure there is more to it than that, but just as a small example. Everyone is different, but for me, these are mine, lol.
taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

Ive hit my dads, they are the orignal burners and I don't really like taylormade, but they not to bed. Lofts are VERY strong, I can hit his 5 iron 225yards :P

If they work get them, you wont regret it!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I've never understood the strong loft thing. I'm starting to wonder if the concept of "numbered clubs" should be changed to simply stamping the stock loft of the club?

So for example instead of someone comparing their TM Burner 2.0 "7 iron" to an MP-67 "7 iron", he could compare his 31* stamped Burner 2.0 (7 iron) to the 32* stamped MP-67 (6 iron) for an idea?

That said though, it's obvious from your post that you like the clubs for the way they strike the ball etc so go for them! :P

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

They're suppose to be very forgiving, I'll probably consider them for my next set of irons but I'll probably play what Ive got for at least one more season, Im used to them and im sure it would take a while to adjust to a new set. Id go to a golf store with a simulator or at least a net so you can try them out before you buy them to see if they perform as well as they feel. Like dicks sporting goods or golf galaxy or whatever you have in your area.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I tried the 6-Iron of these last week.
I normally don't like TMs GI irons but these suprised me. Very very long. I hit it 190yards compared to my 6-Iron which goes about 175. I guess it's because the burner 6 iron is 27* and mine is 32*, but the face just felt so much hotter. I liked them, but I'm not in the market for this type of club and nothing is replacing my TP blades no matter how beat up they're getting.
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

They're ugly and the marketing is ridiculous, but they are easy to hit and feel surprisingly good.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They're ugly and the marketing is ridiculous, but they are easy to hit and feel surprisingly good.

Listen man, just because each of your CG7 Tour irons weren't independently and optimally engineered for maximum possible performance doesn't mean you need to whine about it... Gotta love the marketing R&D; drivel... :)

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Hahaha. Have you ever seen the inserts on the older CG7s? Looks like a coked-up disco mollusc.

We had a big TM demo day recently and my two major conclusions were that the Burners were really much better irons than I expected and that I totally want a Kia Ma Fontana putter.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

If you like the look and feel of them, get them fit for you and they'll be great clubs. I know TaylorMade has a decent fitting program.

A friend has tried a few times to talk me into getting the original Burners. I think they're uglier than my current irons, I can't hit the ball low with them when I want to, and I'm not convinced they're any more forgiving, so I haven't bothered.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The face of the 2.0's is alot different than the original Burners for sure. They thinned out the face and it basically works like a trampoline. Feels insane off the club.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

If you like the look and feel of them, get them fit for you and they'll be great clubs. I know TaylorMade has a decent fitting program.

My only problem is where I live. I can't get fitted, and have to buy the clubs online. When I bought my last set of clones off eBay, I filled out a rough fitting questionnaire. According to that I fell within the "normal/average" range for everything. What I mean is that most of the specs were STANDARD.

taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

This might be a stupid question...but one I have to ask:

I'm a pretty good player. I don't even CARRY the 3 iron in my set, except to the range to practice with. The 4 and 5 irons are the hardest club in my bag to hit. And, I have a better HCP than 95% of the guys playing the burners.

My question is this: if I, and many better players (even some PGA tour players) struggle to hit high and mid-irons with traditional lofts, what is TM doing so that, with the jacked up lofts that would seem to up the degree of difficulty in some regards, makes their mid irons and up easy to hit? If TM makes a 3 iron I want to carry, I'd go out and buy it and take the hybrid out of the bag

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I've never understood the strong loft thing. I'm starting to wonder if the concept of "numbered clubs" should be changed to simply stamping the stock loft of the club?

Yeah but then they would start making the shafts even longer so that their 30 degree club goes farther than the other guys 30 degeree club.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• 3 years later...

I was wondering if anyone is currently playing the Burner 2.0's.  I really like what I have read, and the one time I was able to hit them, they felt really good.  Anyone of a mini review on them, also do you know if there is any difference between the black and normal ones?

Thanks,

Rocky

Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!