IGNORED

Rank these baseball players

Red_on_the_head
Note: This thread is 4874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh btw, I rank them

1)Mays
2)Pujols
3)Bonds
4)Williams (would probably be #1 if he hadn't missed 5 years do to military service)
5)A-Rod

Remember that these aren't the best to have ever lived but I have my reasons for picking these 5.

-Red

Williams
Mays
Pujols
Bonds
A-Rod

I put Williams first because I consider him the best hitter who ever lived. Mays is obviously above the rest. Pujols I have third because I think he will best Bonds and A-Rod in numbers when he finally retires (though it doesn't hurt that he isn't a total a-hole like A-Rod and Bonds are). Bonds above A-Rod because A-Rod is a choker.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Williams

I would rank this way as well for your reasons and the bottom should have an * next to there names.

How can you not?

Exactly! We will put a roid man in but not allow Pete Rose back in. In my opinion the steroid guys hurt the intergrity of the sport more than Rose.

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

Williams
Mays
Pujols
A-Rod
Bonds

Being from Boston, I put Williams first because I consider him the best hitter who ever played. Mays is #2. Bonds is last because I can't stand him or A-Rod for that matter.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Pujols, Bonds and A-Rod have played through the steroids era of baseball which makes their statistics incomparable with the other two. To date there's no evidence Pujols used steroids, but the pitchers and other players he faced did, so who knows what his numbers would look like if they weren't using PEDS. Conversely we know Bonds and A-Rod juiced so their numbers are likely better due to PEDS.

Joe Paradiso

Carlton Fisk
Wade Boggs
Carl Yazstremski
Kevin Youkilis
Dustin Pedroia

Any questions? JK GUYS
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Well, certainly people can't look past the roids. Who was to say that Williams or Ruth or Aaron didn't use roids. I say it is very much possible that they did. Or at least something like them.

I was asking for rankings based on offensive and defensive production alone. I understand that steroids tainted the era. But pretend like they never existed. Do your rankings change?

One thing that impresses me big time is the record that Bonds holds for intentional walks in a season. It is 120. That is unreal. I don't care who you are and whether you've used steroids or not. That is f'n ridiculous.

-Red

One thing that impresses me big time is the record that Bonds holds for intentional walks in a season. It is 120. That is unreal. I don't care who you are and whether you've used steroids or not. That is f'n ridiculous.

Intentional walks were the only way most pitchers could limit the damage he could do as by the time he set the record he wasn't much of a baserunner. Not only was he intentionally walked 120 times, he wasn't given many pitches to hit as his total walks in 2004 was 232. He walked in over 33% of his total plate appearances and he still managed to hit 45 home runs and drive in 101 RBI's that year. Bonds would have likely been one of the greats without steroids it's too bad he ruined his legacy by taking them.

As for ranking them I'd say Mays, Williams, Pujols, Bonds and A-Rod (last two shouldn't be in the list).

Joe Paradiso

Nah, without steroids, Bonds wouldn't even have made your list. I would have to add Griffey, Jr.

If injuries hadn't derailed the prime of his career, I think Griffey Jr. would have seriously challenged for the all time career home runs record and could have been considered as one of the top couple players of all time. It really is a shame.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Like I said in an earlier post, I do not consider these 5 baseball players to be the top five ever. I simply wanted to get people's views on how they would rank each baseball player. Each player is unique in his own way. It would be nearly impossible to rank the top 5 ball players of all time. There are simply too many factors.

I didn't want steroids to be considered but clearly that is an unattainable request.

-Red

Mays
Williams
Pujols
A-Rod
Bonds...who? without the juice he isn't on this list

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I want to see non-biased rankings based off of offensive and defensive production only.

If you want non-biased rankings of offensive and defensive production, just search the online baseball almanac stats.

Willie Mays--5th all time extra base hits. Most gold gloves at his position. Ted Williams--all time leader on base percentage 2nd all time slugging percentage, not a great outfielder Barry Bonds--hit lots of home runs, great slugging percentage, 8 gold gloves in the outfield Albert Pujols--4th all time slugging percentage--he plays 1st base, so not the best defender, but has 2 gold gloves. A-Rod--all time leader in D-bag percentage

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

If you want non-biased rankings of offensive and defensive production, just search the online baseball almanac stats.

LOL on bolded!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 4874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!