IGNORED

Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022?

Bryan SD2
Note: This thread is 4876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good Lord. FIFA might be the most corrupt organization on earth. Both choices were second tier for sure. All England and the USA needed was the freaking ball. We are both ready to go NOW for crying out loud. USA 94 still holds attendance records, and we are obviously much more of a footballing nation now that ever before. Which country bought the MOST tickets to World Cup 2010 other than the host South Africans? Yep, the USA.

Make sure you pronounce it correctly - like "cutter" or "gutter." Who is your favorite Quatar player?

(you cannot say Eric Clapton or Jack White)

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Drinking is illegal in Quatar....that sucks

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've heard that Quatar basically paid off a lot of players to endorse then. Zindane, for example. It's going to be interesting to see where they are economically when they have to build all of these stadiums in a country with only one major city.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Wonder if they'll play all night games in Quatar. The heat during the day over there is horrific.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Wonder if they'll play all night games in Quatar. The heat during the day over there is horrific.

130*+

My buddy was stationed there for 4 months.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

If Israel qualify... Will there be issues? Security? If you ask me now if I am going... I doubt it.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

What a joke. I really have a hard time understanding the anti-US around the world. We are the most generous nation in the world. I wish we would pull out of the world cup and the un. The are all corrupt.

Brian

The US did have their shot not all that long ago though and Quatar has the money in the area due to oil

Both true.... Quatar is not all that different that the USA was in 1994, with regards to team quality, etc. Not that I know squat about the Quatar FA and their players, but it is probably a decent assumption. Where the USA differs is of course we have 100 stadiums here that are already worthy, wonderful infrastructure, diverse climate, a rainbow of ethnicity, industry, advertising $'s ready to go, etc.

Quatar has one major city and one half-azzed stadium. Word is they will build stadia for 2022, then "give" them away to other countries after the tournament. Dismantle, transport them, etc. "All you have to do is vote for us and two stadiums will be headed to your region!!! Who is your favorite club then, Mr. Delegate? Right then. Looking forward to your vote." - Quatar FA.

Both true.... Quatar is not all that different that the USA was in 1994, with regards to team quality, etc. Not that I know squat about the Quatar FA and their players, but it is probably a decent assumption. Where the USA differs is of course we have 100 stadiums here that are already worthy, wonderful infrastructure, diverse climate, a rainbow of ethnicity, industry, advertising $'s ready to go, etc.

There will be many new stadiums going up in russia after 2022 ;)

130*+

Wow. That's practically unfathomable. It's over 100 a lot here in the summer, and it's hot but not unbearable. A trip to Phoenix or Vegas in the summer proves that it gets even hotter, and it's hard to do much physically at 115 or 118 degrees. I can't imagine playing soccer after adding another 10-15 degrees on top of that.

No games will be played in 110, much less 130. Night games my friends. By stock now in Quatar Lights On The End of Big Tall Sticks & Electrical Systems Inc.... that's QLOTEOBTS & ES Inc.

If Israel qualify... Will there be issues? Security? If you ask me now if I am going... I doubt it.

More money will be spent on security than anything else.

I really have a hard time understanding the anti-US around the world. We are the most generous nation in the world. .

Do you really? Are you really?

I think that the damage to your country's reputation done by Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush was so major that you're going to get that sentiment, unfair as it is to the majority of hard working and decent citizens in the U.S. Especially those who seem to innocently believe that having troops in Iraq and Afghanistan has something to do with protecting your freedom, when it's doing the opposite.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

More money will be spent on security than anything else.

The second part of that post is of course a whole 'nother can o' worms, along the lines of "did Hiroshima and Nagasaki ultimately save lives, both American and Japanese, by ending a theater of war that may have went on and on for a decade, and ultimately would have been fought to the death by a determined and fanatical Japanese people?" I say yes. Many Americans do believe our current place in the Middle East is protecting lives at home due to limiting the effectiveness of terrorist organizations who cannot operate today they way they were able to operate, say in 2000, when American presence in the region was far, far less. That said, we could take nearly all troops of ours from around the world back home tomorrow and let everyone fend for themselves... but the majority of nations wouldn't want that either. Is the government of the US generous? Absolutely. Are they often perceived as agressive and poking around in other nation's business, involving troops where many people don't want them? Throwing weight around? Also absolutely. (Insert Country song that inspires flag waving and sing-alongs before NASCAR races here)

FWIW Quatar is near the equator, so night games I imagine will be a pretty nice temperature. It's not like parts of the US where in the summer it's 100 during the day and 90 at night.

Also I heard that the fact that Quatar is in Asia disqualifies an Asian nation from hosting the next year, which bodes well for the US should we decide to make a push for it. I guess Russia is considered Europe, even though isn't most of it (land-wise, at least) in Asia?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

FWIW Quatar is near the equator, so night games I imagine will be a pretty nice temperature. It's not like parts of the US where in the summer it's 100 during the day and 90 at night.

but most of inhabitable russia is in europe

but most of inhabitable russia is in europe

I know, I was really just thinking out loud.

In my bag:

It's actually spelled "Qatar." No "u."

I'm pretty excited for Russia and Qatar. I love watching the games, but a lot of the fun for me is seeing the host nation be fired up to have the World Cup.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!