IGNORED

Average Drive Carry Distance

Big Don
Note: This thread is 3614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 members have voted

1. 1. How Far Do You Carry Your Drive?

• Less than 200 yards
    • 200-225 Yards
    • 225-250 Yards
    • 250-275 Yards
    • Over 275 Yards

I'm not certain what my "average" drive is. It's probably a lot lower than I'd like to think.

If I get a very good contact I would expect to hit the ball about 230 yards. If it was just an acceptable contact then it might only go 200. So I'd like to say my average drive carry is about 215 yards, and 215 yards is certainly the distance I expect to hit when I stand over the ball.

Of course if I were to factor in the very poor contacts where the ball just rolls 50 yards of the tee, then that drops my average down to about 140. which is disappointing but probably fair.

I voted less than 200.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average is what it says not your best ever off an elevated tee down hill with the wind at your back.

Ive put under 200 yards ,for every 2 I hit 290 Ill duff one onto the Ladies

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

The average is what it says not your best ever off an elevated tee down hill with the wind at your back.

ok. grats. I think we all know what average means. Lol, just because other people drive it further than you doesnt meant that they arent also calculating their own average.

ok. grats. I think we all know what average means. Lol, just because other people drive it further than you doesnt meant that they arent also calculating their own average.

maybe so, but a lot of people "beef up" their drives online because really, who's going to check?

this has become pretty much expected on all threads like this, and i know i like laughing at the people who's "average" is 290-300. maybe it is. but it probably isn't.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Guys, I'm pretty much the best.
I usually carry it around 700 yards.

Some people need to get rid of their e-ego.
You don't carry it 300.
Nowhere near.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I love how it just pisses people off to hear that others drive it 290-300. You have absolutely NO facts to back it up when you say - " you dont carry it near 300 ." you just sound stpid.

I am aware taht most people are going to beef up their distances, but you look like an idiot when you tell people taht they're lieing based on no information.

I'd say 210 average.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

According to this poll, there are 33 people who carry their drives 280 yards or more. That's pretty amazing when you consider that their are 38 players on the PGA Tour who average 280 or better. The PGA number includes roll.

It's good to know that there are almost as many TST folks who outcarry the average drive of a PGA Tour Pro.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

According to this poll, there are 33 people who

These TST guys are much better, too, because not only do they have the muscle to knock it out there, they're also STRAIGHT and CONSISTENT. Ain't that great!!! I would be willing to bet that a lot of players who claim to hit it 270 couldn't carry it 200. And this is not a put down. 200 carry with 30 yards roll on a firm fairway is very good distance.

New member here - first day of posting :)

I usually hit about 200-210 carry on solid hits, but I'm a smaller frame guy - 5'10 and 145 lbs, so obviously I don't have the big arms of some people like John Daly circa 1997 (302 yards avg!).

I hit with a R7 460 - great club and I hit maybe 75% of fairways, which is REAL respectable, so I hear. I'm not worried about distance, but it would be nice to have the power to reach a par 5 in two. :)
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

New member here - first day of posting :)

Im 5'8 130 skinny as shit... I can on average hit 240, 220 carry.. Its not about muscle... everybody i play with is over 200 and goes to the gym everyday... i on average out drive them every hole..

I average about 250. On my local course, I've reached the green on a 285 & 270 par 4.
I'm 6'-2" 230lbs. Maxfli powermax driver. Top Flite XL straight.

HOW MANY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE JUST FLAT OUT LIARS?

95% OF PLAYERS CARRYING OVER 220 YARDS!

i just dont believe it - i go to the range a lot and the vast majority of golfers hit under 200 yard carries

certainly not 95% flying the ball at least 200 yards, with one player in 7 carrying over 275 yards - jees i mean 40% claim to fly 250 yards plus - i simply dont believe it.

one amateur golfer in 7 hits the ball as far as the LONGEST pga tour pros.

My new Taylormade 580xd driver carries a consistent 270 yards. I know because the courses here are soaking wet right now and the ball sticks in the ground! I'm very good with my driver for distance and accuracy; my problems come after that. But that's okay - I always tell new golfers, "Now, remember, the object of golf is to hit the ball further than your opponent."

580xd driver
G10 15* hybrid
MP fli-hi 3 iron
MP30 4-PW
MPT 53 and 58 wedges DF 330 putterLikes: Traffic Lights (but not when they're red) Dislikes: Diamond Shreddies (why mess with a good thing?) Real Men hit 9-woods.

I'd say 200-210 yards or so. But thats mainly because I use my 3 W (Adams Insight BUL) off the tee and am very inconsistent with my Driver (r7 460). On good hits off my driver I would say 220-230 yards.

Driver: r7
3 Wood: Insight BUL
5 Wood: T40
3 I-Wood: 3dx
4-SW: NVG2LW: Putter: Rossa MonzaBall: Noodle - Long and Soft

I just wonder when members in here talk about their carry distance, are they talking about how far they can hit with the limited range ball at the driving range?

I for one don't, I use on course markings and GPS to get my distances.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

I just wonder when members in here talk about their carry distance, are they talking about how far they can hit with the limited range ball at the driving range?

I think if you look at the results of the poll it's clear that they aren't.

Definition of average carry: "The largest number possible, in perfect conditions, with innacurate measurement including roll." For example: You are playing a 350 yard par 4. The tees are up the front, 27 metres past the official markers and there is a tailwind. It has been very dry and your ball rolls 40 metres. You have 50 yards to the green (but it's really 85). Close enough to 50. You have driven the ball 300 yards. There are certainly some log hitters here, but logic would indicate that there are some delusional players here as well.

Note: This thread is 3614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!