IGNORED

Come on David Duval!!!

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking forward to watching David Duval in the 2007 season play. He's had a better 2006 year and i firmly believe that he will return to the top flight of golf. Will the real slim shady please stand up!!

he needs to get practising and cut out the snowboarding on the off season!!

BB69

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to watching David Duval in the 2007 season play. He's had a better 2006 year and i firmly believe that he will return to the top flight of golf.

I love Duval! I hope he kicks some Tour can this year!

Do you really think he'll return to the top flight of golf? That's pretty bold. He's not a young gun anymore - can he step back up to those lofty heights after all he's been through? He's not exactly Walter J. Travis, but who knows...
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

I would love to see him return to form. Leading up to the Ryder Cup, I said in one thread that we needed the old David on the team. He is a tough guy that loves to compete. Although, it seems like fatherhood and marriage has softened him a little bit. I missed the article, but I heard that Golf Digest did a great story on him a few months back. If anyone has the link I'd love to read it.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

What is Nike doing about his contract?
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I believe Nike will keep him for a little while longer, at least until his exempt status runs out (if it runs out). He has a couple money list exemptions left, so hopefully he gets things back together for good this next season.

The top 100 on the PGA Tour money is reachable for Duval, and that's where I'm putting him for next season. I won't give him much more than that until I see him finish on the weekends.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My guess would be that they have downsized the value but, arekeeping him on board because he does have notoriety and fans.

I just heard Callaway is cutting Michelson's contract because of his skipped tournaments.

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

I just heard Callaway is cutting Michelson's contract because of his skipped tournaments.

Cheers!
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Thank you very much. That was an awesome article. I like Duval even more. He is a stand up guy that will say what he thinks. The world of sports needs more guys like him.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

The top 100 on the PGA Tour money is reachable for Duval, and that's where I'm putting him for next season. I won't give him much more than that until I see him finish on the weekends.

Agreed. I think that he'll be between 100-125. A little improvement every year.

Baby steps.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Duval is one of the most interesting figures in golf history. He illustrates what a fine and elusive line it is between being on fire and being all wet. It's just incredible how he can stink up a course one day and then tear it up the next. His game must be highly mental, i've alway suspected that, it's almost like he has some kind of super mental capability that is elusive but when it is there he is transformed into a world beater and when it is not he is a hacker.

Usually people who have some super mental cability often don't really know what it is they are doing to be so successful, it comes naturally to them and when they lose it they can't get it back. As much as i would like to see Duval return to the form that brought the PGA West Palmer course to it's knees with a 59 . . . i'm not holding my breath, Duval is not a journey man type, he is either going to rise to the top or sink to the bottom, can anyone in any sport or endeavor rekindle the kind of magic he had? I suspect not, it's too elusive, maybe a product of intense visualization capabilities and brain wave control to stay in the 'zone'.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Awesome!!! Finally we Callaway-enthusiasts will be able to hold our heads up high...

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

It would be great drama to see Duval return to contention, but I don't think anyone has recovered from this kind of slide. Golf is as much a game of confidence as physical and tactical talent. When you fall as fast and as far as Duval has it is pretty hard to make yourself believe you can close the deal again.

Also, he has been to the top of the mountain. Now he has millions in the bank and a happy home life. Would he have the drive and will to push himself into that spotlight again? I am a betting man and I am betting no.

Hi there

Double D will make a comeback i think..his contract with Nike runs out before the start of next season..it was worth $7mn/year to him...i think he will find the desire to play again once this expires...i don't think that he needs the money anymore though..i think that Oakley pay him too to wear their apparrel..can't see him going back to Titleist though after the wrangles over breach of contract a few years back though!!!

Duval's swing hasn't changed much over the last few years but the grip had become considerably stronger when he only made one cut and came last at that in 2005..that has been corrected through the 2006 season though

i think what Duval needs to do i just keep playing and it will come.....he needs to keep his priorities right unlike a certain Wild Thing..apparently all his exes live in Texas!!!!!...or something like that...Duval and him cannot be compared they have to be at the opposite ends of the spectrum...

fans of DD should go to DUVAL2006.COM

cheers BB69

• 3 weeks later...
looks like DD will be making his start to the new season early in January-in predict big things for him-top 50 finish..he will be using the new Nike Square driver to help him keep it on the straight and narrow!

BB69

looks like DD will be making his start to the new season early in January-in predict big things for him-top 50 finish..he will be using the new Nike Square driver to help him keep it on the straight and narrow!

Top 50 finish?? That's expecting a lot. But, who's to say it couldn't happen?? The square driver helped Choi...

Basher, who's that a picture of on your Avatar? It looks like JD and some hot chick...? For all you fans of random trivia out there: Remember that one commercial with DD screwing around with Tiger's bag in the garage (from like 2 years ago, where the Tiger driver cover is talking trash) and Duval breaks the window? The voice of Tiger's headcover is none other than Paul Giamatti of recent "Sideways", "The Illusionist", "Cinderella Man", and "Lady in the Water" fame. Good to see Hollywood getting in on the DD act! I wonder if he's now a DD fan? ...

In the Bag:

Hi

yeah have had real trouble replying to messages for some reason!

the picture is of JD doing what he does best, drinking beer, womanising, and eating burgers at fast food festivals..how he does it i'll never know, it's not his chronically oversized abdomen that does it that's for sure??!!!

he gets through more chicks than i get through Pro v1s!

anyway, DD- Top 50 finish, and a tournament under his belt..in the 2006 season he missed about six cuts by a shot due to little blips on his card-no one can dispute that he is a great player, it's just a case of cutting out the mistakes. Look at how he played at the British and US Opens-both top 25 finishes on 2 of the hardest courses that he's played all year, so his under performance in 2006 is a golfer's mystery i think-maybe it's just a case of getting up for each tournament! Im told that some of the courses played on the US Circuit are a bit dull to say the least..who knows-looking forward to the season anyway- i think JD will make a return to form on the golf course too.

cheers

BB69

Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!