IGNORED

Come on David Duval!!!

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my current teaching instructor told me the grip hes teaching me is the same one used by duval...im thinking that might not be good right now.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my current teaching instructor told me the grip hes teaching me is the same one used by duval...im thinking that might not be good right now.

Why? Duval is still a better player than anyone on this forum and any instructor i know of in this country or the USA.

Another week of optimism and another week of Duval missing the cut and crushing the hopes of those few who still believe in him.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Why? Duval is still a better player than anyone on this forum and any instructor i know of in this country or the USA.

Errrr . . . because he was joking . Hence the large yellow dot in his post with the appearance of a smile and one eye closed . . .

Yes, I was kidding.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I personally believe Duval is very close to making a comeback and produsing a performance that befits someone of his calibre. Like all of us, he just needs to cut out the bogeys. Role on Birkdale, he will make the cut there i think. Hes a thinker and a strategist and that is what is needed aound that course. Cant wait

I personally believe Duval is very close to making a comeback and produsing a performance that befits someone of his calibre. Like all of us, he just needs to cut out the bogeys. Role on Birkdale, he will make the cut there i think. Hes a thinker and a strategist and that is what is needed aound that course. Cant wait

Good luck with that! Might as well throw John Daly in there too. Ain't going to happen.

Even though David Duval has made just one cut in 11 tournaments this year...I think he can win The Open.

War, Duval!

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Even though David Duval has made just one cut in 11 tournaments this year...I think he can win The Open.

LOL

David is due a performance at The Open this year i feel. A cut made i predict.

I'd put better odds on John Daly. I'd be very surprised if DD makes the cut. Not so much with Daly.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Duval is looking GOOD. +3 while many stars are way over like Phil at +9. He's in the game for now.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I saw that .. lets not jinx him! :)

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

yeah hes playing decently at the british.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Well . . . I think he made the cut at +2, wait . . . he's tied 4th place? Shot -1 today, where is John Daly, +29. Two guys going in opposite directions. Duval stated today that he is trying to get back to greatness, not just decent play, and that this is why the results have not yet come, he's aiming high and working only for that, not just to make cuts. He said that he was getting close even if it hadn't shown up yet, and then BAM, here he is solid like a rock.

If he throws another strong round up in the wind, then it will be must watch TV because very few players can dial it in like Duval, we'll see what tommorrow brings.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

David has taken a lot of grief from some people in the media and some fans because he has played so badly the past few years. Some people LOVE to stomp on a guy when he is down but not yet out. He is now a happy family man, and back in 1999-2001, he was not. Personally, I am glad to see him play well, and I am glad that the Open Championship does allow past Champions to play for a lifetime---look at Tom Watson and Greg Norman----they can still play in the testing British and Scottish weather.
Go get 'em, David and show your critics that you can still play this game.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

He tripled bogeyed the first hole and bogeyed number 2. Not a good start.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

It is too bad that DD recorded an 83 in the third round, after a rocky start. He sez that he is going to keep on trying. I hope he does. Anyone who can be on the Leaderboard for two rounds at Royal Birkdale in that wind has shown that he can STILL PLAY!!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!