IGNORED

Do you match name brands in your bag?

Note: This thread is 4872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by SwingIt

My regular playing partner wears 2 different Titleist hats, but his entire setup is Taylormade, I mean everything, from driver through putter, to bag, to towel. He doesn't even play Titleist balls, WTF!!?

I wear a Titleist hat because my nephew gave it to me for christmas last year.

Originally Posted by dbwood

Quote:

My regular playing partner wears 2 different Titleist hats, but his entire setup is Taylormade, I mean everything, from driver through putter, to bag, to towel. He doesn't even play Titleist balls, WTF!!?

I see you have Vokey wedges in the bag, thats allowed!  But I see what your saying, if my nephew gave me a golf hat or something I'd definitely wear it.  If I didn't have the brand in the bag I'd have to buy a new club then!

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Originally Posted by ajschn06

Quote:

I see you have Vokey wedges in the bag, thats allowed!  But I see what your saying, if my nephew gave me a golf hat or something I'd definitely wear it.  If I didn't have the brand in the bag I'd have to buy a new club then!

See, this doesn't make much sense to me.  If my nephew (I don't have one, so I'm imagining here) gave me a TaylorMade-brand golf hat, I'd wear it.  But I can't see myself buying a TaylorMade golf club;  I've found so few of theirs that I like.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just could not wear a Taylor Made hat without having a club in my bag!  Thats just me though......I'm in line with the guy whose fairway woods have to match his other fairway woods and his wedges have to match his other wedges.  I'll even go a step further and say I find it odd when people have a different brand wedge than they do irons.  I know they're different, but it just looks to wierd in my bag for me...

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

As you can tell from my signature, I like to match my clubs.  I don't think I NEED to, but I have just found Callaway clubs that I like and work for me.  I wouldn't have a problem switching if I found something out there that works better than what I have.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

One day.. lol

For the most part I like to have wedges and irons match. My driver, doesn't matter, and my hybrid and 3 wood will change over time but not until I go to one brand only..

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Camo I'd like to update you on that $2/day figure.  We operate a factory here in the northern coastal city of Qingdao in between Beijing and Shanghai.  Our people make $20-$25/day, and I can see them making $50/day in 5 years.

I try to match my irons and wedges, with the driver / fw / hybrid coming from the same manufacturer, but more for the shaft than the brand.

The only thing matching in my bag, on purpose, are the grips, all Golf Pride Tour Velvet. The 3 wood and hybrids were not puchased to match, but bought based on performance, over a period of 3 years, as I was never a fan of Cobra products in general, and would replace any one of them in a heartbeat if I found something I liked better.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

I got a really good deal on a Callaway driver and 4-sw set, and I had intentions of buying other Callaway products.  But one day at Dick's I saw a friend who had just hit a Cleveland HiBore XLS 3w and he loved it, so I tried one and walked out of there with it that day.  I liked the Cleveland 3w so well that I also got the 7w eventually.  My gap wedge and putter (both Cleveland) were purchased based on feel.  I am not exclusively a Callaway and Cleveland only guy, it just kind of worked out that way.  I can still have one more club, and I am leaning toward the HiBore XLS 5w because I LOVE the feel and results (mostly) of the 3 and 7.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

I match the basics like Irons, Wedges, Driver/3 Wood, but other than that no. I probably would if I had the budget, but right now I've got too many other things I have to pay for. But if I had to pick a brand I would go Callaway Driver down to Putter.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Not at all lets see,

Titleist Driver and wedges 52&56

Ping Irons

Cleveland wedge 49

Some odd ball 58 wedge

Odyssey Putter

Warrior hybrid and 3wood

Total of 6 different brands in my bag.  I just play what feels good to me and what performs the best.

Quote:

Uh oh, I just remembered I have windbreaker that says PIng on it.

Well to be fair to my argument, you do have Titleist clubs in your bag, But I can see your point of wearing a thoughtful gift.

For me, I would buy a windbreaker, golf shirt, golf shoes, because of the fit/material over the brand.  But a hat, with a big advertisement for an equipment manufacturer across the front of it would be purchased for an allegiance to that brand, but again, that's just me.

As for my playing partner, he has an obvious, extreme, loyalty to Taylormade in his golf equipment, it strikes me as odd that he wouldn't follow that loyalty onto his head when he goes hat shopping.   Now it doesn't bother me so much that I would stop playing golf with him though!

Callaway Diablo 13* Driver
Mizuno MX-700 20* hybrid
Mizuno MX-100 4-GW
Cleveland CG14 56* and 42* Niblick
Ping C67 Putter

Yes and No..... My Ogio bag has Nike woods (Driver, 3W 3H), Mizuno irons (3-pw), Cleveland wedges (GW, SW LW) and a Never Compromise putter.

Oh, I wear a Titleist hat but no longer use Titleist clubs or balls. I did use Titleist products at one time but my favorite hat is a Titleist cool max hat that fits so perfect I can not use it! I have some other Mizuno and other name brand hats, they just don't fit right or they are regular material that doesn't breath as well. Now I'm going to be conscience of what my hat says now. But I can wear the Mizuno ones in winter since it is much cooler now.

Quote:

Well to be fair to my argument, you do have Titleist clubs in your bag, But I can see your point of wearing a thoughtful gift.

For me, I would buy a windbreaker, golf shirt, golf shoes, because of the fit/material over the brand.  But a hat, with a big advertisement for an equipment manufacturer across the front of it would be purchased for an allegiance to that brand, but again, that's just me.

As for my playing partner, he has an obvious, extreme, loyalty to Taylormade in his golf equipment, it strikes me as odd that he wouldn't follow that loyalty onto his head when he goes hat shopping.   Now it doesn't bother me so much that I would stop playing golf with him though!

I see your point.  And I wouldn't get rid a good golfing buddy no matter what he looks like either.

I've come about my selection of clubs mostly based on their performance and on the convenience of what there was around to try out.

This thread reminds me of the "if all your clubs had to match, which brand would they be?" thread.  I guess I don't know anyone that has all matching stuff.

I try to match my clubs the best I can. PING driver and putter, Cobra 3W and 3h, Titleist 4i-GW, Nike 54 and 60. I don't think it really matters what clubs are in the bag as long as you can hit them.

R11 10* | cobra.gif Baffler TWS 20*

titleist.gif AP2 4-PW |vokey.gif 52*, 56* and nike.gif60* SV Tour |  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 TOUR ONLY | ping.gif Hoofer | titleist.gif NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 4872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!