IGNORED

Snickers Golf Bag

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Bigtank

I'm selling my Rare Black Jelly bean bag for 1450.00 DZD (Algerian Dinars).

I know you are being a comic but plain black cart bags like that are getting harder to find and expensive when you do.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

Maybe if it was the dark chocolate Snickers.....

Or the one with almonds.

A Snickers with Almonds is a Mars Bar re-packaged ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Would you be willing to trade your bag for mine? I have a slightly used Trojan Condoms Staff Bag – it comes replete with the reservoir-tip rain hood.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I think I would pass on that bag: We have a few golfers at my home club that like to spark up a joint just after the turn. If they see me walking around carrying a giant snickers bar, I may be in for a low speed chase.

I am sure you have done so- but if you google this, you'll see this bag has sold in the past on ebay for around $300. It should be numbered as they were only 500 made, and this bag should be numbered on the brass plaque on the front.

• Upvote 1
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Originally Posted by Shorty

Callaway make golf equipment and most people would agree that most of their bags look quite nice.  There is a logical connection between a golf company and a golf bag.

Snickers are chocolate bars. This golf bag would be judged by 99% of the population to be hideously ugly.  They wouldn't use it because they fear they'd be laughed at.

I can state as a FACT that this bag has virtually no value.  The Snickers name on it actually DEVALUES it. The blue base colour devalues it even further to virtually zero dollars.

You can take that information from a person who has spent 25 years dealing in antiques and collectables.

Shorty, I have read some of your threads/posts and you obviously know nothing about golf and you have a hidden hatred towards the USA.  So go piss off mate.  Why would anyone fear being laughed at over a golf bag?  Golf is all about laughing and having fun.  If you can't do that, then maybe you should go back to collecting beanie babies and 18th century silver spoons.  Gee, I guess those exploding golf balls are worthless because everyone will fear being laughed at....LOL!!

Thats a great price.  You will sell that bag in no time.

Originally Posted by Boyder

There are no nuts in an original Mars Bar.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Quote:
Shorty, I have read some of your threads/posts and you obviously know nothing about golf and you have a hidden hatred towards the USA.

Would you care to elaborate?  It's easy to make a blanket accusation - how about some evidence to support your assertion?

Seems that you are a bit narky because your serious demands for information regarding the worth of a Snickers golf bag were not treated seriously.

I would consider myself very knowledgeable about the game of golf  -  and have a very high regard for the USA. Like most thinking Americans I have contempt for some of the policies of some of your past leaders, but I certainly wouldn't condemn a great nation on that basis. Most of the Americans I have met on my numerous trips to the USA have been wonderful people, too.  And the ones I encounter here in Australia are mostly terrific people too.  To categorise me as a "hater" of the USA is unfair and implies a bit of over sensitivity on your part. You should see some of the morons we have had in government over the last couple of decades.  Doesn't make me hate my own country.  That wouldn't be fair.  And it's unfair for you to categorise me.

I don't think I'm alone on this forum for having contempt for fundamentalist Christians, believers in Power Band "technology" and gun culture.

If you read my posts you'll find that I occasionally become a bit grumpy when people start threads where they demand information about things that they could easily find for themselves without even a "please" or a "thankyou".  I occasionally have a dig at people who think that the rules of golf are there to be ignored at one's own convenience, as well as those who slavishly think that certain manufacturers' equipment imply class and  prestige  - even "heritage".

I have been rapped over the knuckles on a few occasions by admin for being a little on the "negative" side regarding certain posts, and I have accepted that readily.

It is clear to me that Australian and American golfing culture is quite different - and that is a thing to celebrate, not to attack or ignore. I would venture even to say that a few of my posts have been criticised due to misunderstanding - but that's OK, we have thick skins downunder, and I have learnt to moderate my venom occasionally (That was a joke).

I have never said that golf shouldn't be "fun" and In case you didn't notice it, my posts in this particular thread were an ironic response to your pious and dismissive remarks towards other posters.  To elaborate on that, you seemed to seriously think that someone would know the value of a Snickers golf bag and that that person would have to own one.  One or two have been offered for sale and not sold.  Because someone offered one for $300 dollars does not mean they are worth that.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Shorty

I don't think I'm alone on this forum for having contempt for fundamentalist Christians, believers in Power Band "technology" and gun culture.

The point is none of those things belong in this section of the forum, so everyone involved in this should kindly step back and either stop participating in this thread or should get this thread back to the original topic. Given the original topic, I'm guessing the more likely choice is to simply abandon this thread.

To everyone - because, frankly, I saw the first picture in this thread when it was posted and haven't done anything but skim the thread when it comes up with new posts, so I don't know "who started it" or anything - cool it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

There are no nuts in an original Mars Bar.

Guess it depends on where you're from ...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mars (also Mars bar ) is a chocolate bar manufactured by Mars, Inc . It was first manufactured in Slough , Berkshire in the United Kingdom in 1932 as a sweeter version of the American Milky Way bar which Mars, Inc. produced in the USA (not to be confused with the European version of Milky Way, which is a different confection and similar to the US 3 Musketeers ).

In the United States, a different confection bears the Mars bar name. Featuring nougat, caramel, and almonds coated in milk chocolate, the American Mars bar was relaunched in 2010 after being discontinued in 2002.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Guess it depends on where you're from ...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mars (also Mars bar) is a chocolate bar manufactured by Mars, Inc. It was first manufactured in Slough, Berkshire in the United Kingdom in 1932 as a sweeter version of the American Milky Way bar which Mars, Inc. produced in the USA (not to be confused with the European version of Milky Way, which is a different confection and similar to the US 3 Musketeers).

In the United States, a different confection bears the Mars bar name. Featuring nougat, caramel, and almonds coated in milk chocolate, the American Mars bar was relaunched in 2010 after being discontinued in 2002.

It sure does. In Canada, we've had Mars bars pretty much my whole life. There was never a point in time when they were unavailable (old sstock perhaps?) and only relatively recently was there a version with almonds - the one in the beige wrapper.

The "original version", in the black wrapper, was one of the few chocolate bars people with nut allergies could safely eat.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 1 year later...

I cant say that Id buy it but I would definitely rock it. If I were going to buy a staff bag and this one was sitting right next to a (misc. golf brand) bag and this one was even 10 dollars cheaper then I would get this. It would probably get a pretty good laugh. Not at me but with me depending on if the person was a D-bag or not.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

• 2 months later...

Nice thing about this Snickers bag, you can play 36 holes during the day, take it home and get gorged to the bejesus belt. Buddies for life, I say.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

• 2 years later...
Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!