IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 To Feature Augusta National

Bo the Golfer
Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Thrash13

This is a first-day purchase for me for the PS3.  I'll probably just go ahead and get the Collector's Edition too because it comes with 5 extra courses for only $10 more.  In addition, it says you can now play those downloaded courses in your career mode as well.  That's a very nice addition.  And with Augusta National finally making its way into the game, it's icing on the cake.  I'm also happy to see Zach Johnson and Bubba Watson in the game, although I'd love to see Rickie Fowler get the nod as well.

I'm highly looking forward to this one, and it comes out in late March as well.  That's also a bonus.

They should have golfers and courses available for purchase online just like in Guitar Hero or something (they are with songs). They could make some money off that.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got about $45 of store credit to GameStop, so I'll probably be buying it for 360 right when it comes out.

Originally Posted by clubchamp

05 and 07 were the best of the tiger games in my opinion. I will def pick this up because of augusta but unless the game play has changed a lot I'm not sure it will be any better than 10 or 11. Either way I'm going to enjoy throwing something in the mid 50s down on augusta.

IMO the Tiger Woods games (and really most EA Sports games) really weren't that great on next-gen consoles until the 2010 editions. I loved (and still have) '05 for Xbox because it was really that great. Fluid gameplay, good graphics (for it's time), and solid career mode. When they started coming out with Tiger Woods games on 360 the graphics were awesome but the gameplay was choppy and just not a life-like as the prior-gen ones. The '10 version is where I think they really started to figure it out, and I hope this one gets better.

Originally Posted by zstipe

They should have golfers and courses available for purchase online just like in Guitar Hero or something (they are with songs). They could make some money off that.

I know at least for 360 they usually sell more courses on Xbox Live.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are definitely going to release several more courses for download.  If you get the Collector's Edition for the PS3 (not sure about the 360), you get 5 more golf courses for only $10 more.  That's a pretty good deal, and it's one of the reasons I'll be getting the Collector's Edition.  In addition, those extra courses will be implemented into the career mode this time around.  That's a change that is LONG overdue.

Jamo, I agree with you about things turning around the last couple versions.  They were completely lost the first few games on the next-gen consoles, but the last couple have been pretty darn good.  I'm really looking forward to this one because Augusta National has been on the wish list for a long time, and it looks like the career mode may be improved as well.

I'm looking forward to the demo release tomorrow.  I'll definitely be back with some impressions as long as the difficulty can be tweaked.

They are definitely going to release several more courses for download.  If you get the Collector's Edition for the PS3 (not sure about the 360), you get 5 more golf courses for only $10 more.  That's a pretty good deal, and it's one of the reasons I'll be getting the Collector's Edition.  In addition, those extra courses will be implemented into the career mode this time around.  That's a change that is LONG overdue.

Jamo, I agree with you about things turning around the last couple versions.  They were completely lost the first few games on the next-gen consoles, but the last couple have been pretty darn good.  I'm really looking forward to this one because Augusta National has been on the wish list for a long time, and it looks like the career mode may be improved as well.

I'm looking forward to the demo release tomorrow.  I'll definitely be back with some impressions as long as the difficulty can be tweaked.

GameStop only has the collector's edition listed for PS3. Well that sucks. You can pre-order it and they'll throw in Bethpage Black, but I was kinda expecting Bethpage out of the box... Oh well, I think I have a few Microsoft points left over that can use.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think I read something in the past that says the PS3 disc can hold more content than the 360 one, and that's why the CE is only available for PS3.  We get Turnberry if we pre-order from Gamestop, but I'd honestly rather have Bethpage Black.  I can't remember what five courses are extras on the CE, but I think a couple of them are fantasy courses (Highlands is one I think).  I think Torrey Pines and Pinehurst may be 2 others.

I think I read something in the past that says the PS3 disc can hold more content than the 360 one, and that's why the CE is only available for PS3.  We get Turnberry if we pre-order from Gamestop, but I'd honestly rather have Bethpage Black.  I can't remember what five courses are extras on the CE, but I think a couple of them are fantasy courses (Highlands is one I think).  I think Torrey Pines and Pinehurst may be 2 others.

Yeah PS3 disks are Blu-Ray as opposed to DVD disks for 360, so PS3 disks can hold more.

I hope the 360 version has fantasy courses, those were my absolute favorite back in '05. I remember there was one fantasy course (The Predator?) in South America that had 700 yard par 5s and stuff, those were awesome. I'll probably end up getting all of the extra courses from Xbox Live anyway.

From reading around the Tiger Woods forum on EASports.com there doesn't appear to be a consensus on what courses will be on the Collector's Edition. It even seem that there may be more for the PS3 not on the Collector's Edition. But it does seem like 360 users will be able to purchase the courses that are on the Collector's Edition for the Microsoft Points equivalent of $10.

In my bag:

As an EA Game Changer who has had the opportunity to test this game, i can tell you that it is hands down the best TW game to date. Aside from Augusta, which is just plain badass, the game is so smooth and more challenging than previous editions.

They completely redid the playstation move mechanics and it is much better now. I actually think it's more responsive than my Wii.

The demo is out today so let me know what yall think!

P.S. EA is doing some cool stuff with NCAA football 12 as well :)

I am totally stoked for this game...haven't looked forward to a golf game like this in a LONG time.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• Administrator

So, what's the consensus? Xbox 360 or Wii? I like swinging with the Wii remote, but I like nice graphics and playing against people (occasionally), too.

My PS3 is basically a Blu-Ray player in my bedroom. Not gonna be standing on the bed with a Move controller any time soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, what's the consensus? Xbox 360 or Wii? I like swinging with the Wii remote, but I like nice graphics and playing against people (occasionally), too.

My PS3 is basically a Blu-Ray player in my bedroom. Not gonna be standing on the bed with a Move controller any time soon.

Ps3 :) But if its too much trouble to get it out of your bedroom I would go with 360 for the graphics compared to the wii.

Yeah, I'll be getting it for the PS3 because that's the only system I currently have.  I also like the fact the Collector's Edition comes with 5 extra courses for only $10 more.  If I had to choose between the 360 and Wii, I'd have to go with the 360 version.  I'm honestly not a huge fan of the motion controls.  I kinda like sitting down and playing my golf games.

• Administrator

Yeah, I'll be getting it for the PS3 because that's the only system I currently have.  I also like the fact the Collector's Edition comes with 5 extra courses for only $10 more.  If I had to choose between the 360 and Wii, I'd have to go with the 360 version.  I'm honestly not a huge fan of the motion controls.  I kinda like sitting down and playing my golf games.

Maybe that's cuz you lazy! :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

360 for me. Mostly because of practicality reasons, but I think that even without that issue I'd still get it for 360.

In my bag:

Now that my schedule has opened up a bit (I missed this forum immensely), one of the things on my list to do is to purchase a video game system (I haven't bought one since a Sega Genesis in the early 90s).  I've played TW games in the past -- '04 on my then-roommate's Xbox was a big part of why I got interested in golf in the first place.  I haven't played an Xbox version since then, played (quite a bit) and didn't like a PS3 version (I forget which year), and a few years' worth of the Wii version.

As much as I like the idea of swinging something to play golf, I generally feel that I swing a real club worse after playing the Wii version.  If there's a fix for this I should be aware of, I may change my mind as to which system I buy.

I'm probably going to buy a 360 this weekend (playing reality golf tomorrow, probably buying on Sunday) and pre-order the TW12.  As for other video games for the system... I might grab a friend's Madden from some previous year or something.  Really, my thought process was something on the order of "OMG Augusta, I must buy the video game.  Oh and a system on which to play it."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Originally Posted by Shindig

Now that my schedule has opened up a bit (I missed this forum immensely), one of the things on my list to do is to purchase a video game system (I haven't bought one since a Sega Genesis in the early 90s).  I've played TW games in the past -- '04 on my then-roommate's Xbox was a big part of why I got interested in golf in the first place.  I haven't played an Xbox version since then, played (quite a bit) and didn't like a PS3 version (I forget which year), and a few years' worth of the Wii version.

As much as I like the idea of swinging something to play golf, I generally feel that I swing a real club worse after playing the Wii version.  If there's a fix for this I should be aware of, I may change my mind as to which system I buy.

I'm probably going to buy a 360 this weekend (playing reality golf tomorrow, probably buying on Sunday) and pre-order the TW12.  As for other video games for the system... I might grab a friend's Madden from some previous year or something.  Really, my thought process was something on the order of "OMG Augusta, I must buy the video game.  Oh and a system on which to play it."

Good to see you back. If you are going to buy Madden, I wouldn't recommend going any farther back than '10. They just aren't that great. Agreed on the Wii versions, as well as how great '04 was.

In my bag:

I say 360 for two reasons -

1 - I own a 360 and a Wii and personally I like the sharper graphics on the 360 when playing sports games.

2 - When I play vids, I don't like the idea of having to "exercise" to do it.  I play vids to relax and veg, I play golf, basketball and workout for exercise.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

The Presidents Cup replaces The Ryder Cup in this year's game, and I'm sure The Ryder Cup will be back for next year's game.  The weird thing is they added a few European players to the game instead of International guys which really doesn't make any sense.  Oh well, I'm looking forward to playing this one either way.  I can't wait to see how Augusta National looks in HD, and having Rickie Fowler in the game wearing all orange is a plus as well.

I haven't played a Tiger game since 07, and I traded that 2 days later coz it was crap compared to 06.... But Ryder/Presidents Cups in TW? That's awesome! Why not have all 3 teams in the game, and be able to play any two against each other that you want???

So, what's the consensus? Xbox 360 or Wii?

Wii for me. The illusion I can create while swinging the Wii remote vs. using a standard video game controller is pretty significantly better. I also think the Wii is light years more fun when there's company over.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!