• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrprovisional

need help with shoe selection

16 posts in this topic

Spring is just around the corner and the biggest purchase for me this year is gonna be my shoes. Recently I'm starting to feel the affects of plantar fasciatis (imflammation of the plantar fascia) and my current shoes are not gonna cut it. I need some input on some good shoes that anyone on here has on that relieves this pain and has good arch support. Any input would be appreciated

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I wear the Adidas Fit RX and the Tech Response 3.0 and strictly walk when I play. I have used the Fit RX since August and only wore the Tech Response a few times. Very comfortable and I like that they look like a sneaker also. I tried on a few pairs of Nike shoes in the same price range as the Adidas ones I own and didn't like the fit. Felt hard and uncomfortable just walking in.

I have only worn FootJoy DryJoys or better for the last 10 years.  No more cheap shoes for this guy.

When I was running I got plantar fasciatis and bought a foot roller on Ebay.  That and doing the towel stretch before getting out of bed did the trick.  The stretch is super important because if walk after sleeping without doing this simple stretch you will retear all the repair that your body did during the night putting you into an endless cycle of not being able to recover.  Once I started doing this, it went away in about 10 days.  Good luck.

thanks for the awesome responses.  Yes, I agree with no more cheap shoes and looking for comfort over technology.  Has anyone here purchased the Ecco Street premiers?  I tried them on at an ecco outlets and they are very comfortable just walking in the store but was curious how they are on the links?

The adidas im starting to like due to the good review and price.  but i wanna keep looking so please let me know what else is out there

I have the Adidas Power Band 3.0 and really like them.  I have high arches and a long, narrow feet, so they fit me perfect.  Make sure the shoe provides your foot comfort and support.  Also, a good tip with plantar fasciatis is to freeze water in Dixie cups.  Remove the ice from the cup and put in on the floor.  Roll/massage the ice on the bottom of your foot after activity for 5 minutes.

Best of luck.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FootJoy Sports here. I walk when I play and they are very comfortable.

I'm going to be picking up a pair of the True Tours next week, I'll let you know how they work out but they seem very promising.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+1 to addipure's...and adidas 4.0's...footjoy dryjoys are a plus, esp with some comf inserts...do it

Originally Posted by mrprovisional

Spring is just around the corner and the biggest purchase for me this year is gonna be my shoes. Recently I'm starting to feel the affects of plantar fasciatis (imflammation of the plantar fascia) and my current shoes are not gonna cut it. I need some input on some good shoes that anyone on here has on that relieves this pain and has good arch support. Any input would be appreciated

I battled Plantar Fasciatis for a while, especially when walking 6-8 rounds a week.  I was a Nike guy, and switched to the Adidas 4.0's...Awesome!

Three things for the the Plantar's

1.  The towel stretching is a great help.

2.  They make a "stretchy" band that wraps around the area of the arch.  They sell at Wal-Mart for about $5, they add compression to the Fascia, and keep it from tearing.  This HELP alot as you try to heal

3.  Callaway makes a shoe insert.  They are pricey($50), but they are gold.  I have them in my golf shoes, loafers, and boots.  Check them out!

I also have plantar faciitis but haven't found a shoe that really helps. Had orthotics made last summer and got shots in each foot every week for about four months. Last fall it started feeling better. I still feel a little touch of it every now and again but nothing like it was before. Just bought a pair of Adidas Powerband 3.0's and I'm going to get a pair of the Callaway insoles for them. I'm really wanting a pair of the True Tours. Everyone says they are really comfortable but I'm not sure "feeling the course" is something someone with plantar faciitis wants to do.

My doctor never told me about the towel exercise. I'm going to try it for sure.

Our local Dick's Sporting Goods have golf shoes 1/2 price on clearance golf shoes. They had Footjoys for $30 and some Nike's for $25. Clearing out for the new shoes I guess.

problem with looking for shoes is also the width I want is always not available.  I need an 11.5 W shoes.  Im wearing a pair thats wide, but a 1/2 inch too small.  But at the time, these were the most comfortable until my plantar fasciatis acted up.  So wish me luck in looking for a pair in that size and width

Add another vote for Adidas shoes.  I've had lots of different Footjoys and Nikes through the years.  The Adidas shoes are on a whole new level of comfort.  I have 2 pair of Adipures and a pair of Tour 360s.  Thank goodness they don't make a spikeless version or I would be broke!

I don't know if they would help with your particular condition, but I have to say I LOVE my Nike Air Zoom Elite's. I was always a FJ guy but decided to give them a try last year and I think they are the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn. I walk probably 50% of the time...