IGNORED

need help with shoe selection

Note: This thread is 4818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spring is just around the corner and the biggest purchase for me this year is gonna be my shoes. Recently I'm starting to feel the affects of plantar fasciatis (imflammation of the plantar fascia) and my current shoes are not gonna cut it. I need some input on some good shoes that anyone on here has on that relieves this pain and has good arch support. Any input would be appreciated

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

I wear the Adidas Fit RX and the Tech Response 3.0 and strictly walk when I play. I have used the Fit RX since August and only wore the Tech Response a few times. Very comfortable and I like that they look like a sneaker also. I tried on a few pairs of Nike shoes in the same price range as the Adidas ones I own and didn't like the fit. Felt hard and uncomfortable just walking in.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I wear the FootJoy Sports. They are really comfortable and look awesome.

Bag: Callaway Org 14 Extreme Cart Bag
Driver: Taylormade R9 460 10.5
Woods: Nike SQ 3 Wood
Hybrids: Walter Hagen AWS 3 Hybrid
Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

I have only worn FootJoy DryJoys or better for the last 10 years.  No more cheap shoes for this guy.

When I was running I got plantar fasciatis and bought a foot roller on Ebay.  That and doing the towel stretch before getting out of bed did the trick.  The stretch is super important because if walk after sleeping without doing this simple stretch you will retear all the repair that your body did during the night putting you into an endless cycle of not being able to recover.  Once I started doing this, it went away in about 10 days.  Good luck.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

thanks for the awesome responses.  Yes, I agree with no more cheap shoes and looking for comfort over technology.  Has anyone here purchased the Ecco Street premiers?  I tried them on at an ecco outlets and they are very comfortable just walking in the store but was curious how they are on the links?

The adidas im starting to like due to the good review and price.  but i wanna keep looking so please let me know what else is out there

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

I have the Adidas Power Band 3.0 and really like them.  I have high arches and a long, narrow feet, so they fit me perfect.  Make sure the shoe provides your foot comfort and support.  Also, a good tip with plantar fasciatis is to freeze water in Dixie cups.  Remove the ice from the cup and put in on the floor.  Roll/massage the ice on the bottom of your foot after activity for 5 minutes.

Best of luck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FootJoy Sports here. I walk when I play and they are very comfortable.

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

I'm going to be picking up a pair of the True Tours next week, I'll let you know how they work out but they seem very promising.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+1 to addipure's...and adidas 4.0's...footjoy dryjoys are a plus, esp with some comf inserts...do it

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by mrprovisional

Spring is just around the corner and the biggest purchase for me this year is gonna be my shoes. Recently I'm starting to feel the affects of plantar fasciatis (imflammation of the plantar fascia) and my current shoes are not gonna cut it. I need some input on some good shoes that anyone on here has on that relieves this pain and has good arch support. Any input would be appreciated

I battled Plantar Fasciatis for a while, especially when walking 6-8 rounds a week.  I was a Nike guy, and switched to the Adidas 4.0's...Awesome!

Three things for the the Plantar's

1.  The towel stretching is a great help.

2.  They make a "stretchy" band that wraps around the area of the arch.  They sell at Wal-Mart for about $5, they add compression to the Fascia, and keep it from tearing.  This HELP alot as you try to heal

3.  Callaway makes a shoe insert.  They are pricey($50), but they are gold.  I have them in my golf shoes, loafers, and boots.  Check them out!

I also have plantar faciitis but haven't found a shoe that really helps. Had orthotics made last summer and got shots in each foot every week for about four months. Last fall it started feeling better. I still feel a little touch of it every now and again but nothing like it was before. Just bought a pair of Adidas Powerband 3.0's and I'm going to get a pair of the Callaway insoles for them. I'm really wanting a pair of the True Tours. Everyone says they are really comfortable but I'm not sure "feeling the course" is something someone with plantar faciitis wants to do.

My doctor never told me about the towel exercise. I'm going to try it for sure.

Our local Dick's Sporting Goods have golf shoes 1/2 price on clearance golf shoes. They had Footjoys for $30 and some Nike's for $25. Clearing out for the new shoes I guess.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

problem with looking for shoes is also the width I want is always not available.  I need an 11.5 W shoes.  Im wearing a pair thats wide, but a 1/2 inch too small.  But at the time, these were the most comfortable until my plantar fasciatis acted up.  So wish me luck in looking for a pair in that size and width

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W

Add another vote for Adidas shoes.  I've had lots of different Footjoys and Nikes through the years.  The Adidas shoes are on a whole new level of comfort.  I have 2 pair of Adipures and a pair of Tour 360s.  Thank goodness they don't make a spikeless version or I would be broke!

I don't know if they would help with your particular condition, but I have to say I LOVE my Nike Air Zoom Elite's. I was always a FJ guy but decided to give them a try last year and I think they are the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn. I walk probably 50% of the time...

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Note: This thread is 4818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!