IGNORED

Golf Channel Morning Drive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Morning Drive?

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • Don't/Won't Watch

Originally Posted by Motley01

You don't understand the negative comments about him?

You don't care that he comes accross as a know-it-all, with an attitude?

Or the fact that he maleasts female co-workers.

I'm not jealuos of him, if Holly Sonders is with him because of his "good looks" and "great personality", then she must be a sandwich short of a picnic.

No, I really don't.  What talking head on any program does not come across as a bit of a know-it-all, with a bit of an attitude?  That's why they are hired, to provide opinions and to create discussions about topics, be it politics or golf.

I have never heard the term "maleast" so I don't have an opinion on that.

So, if Holly is with him, she must be stupid, right?  Sure thing, and all those girls who you didn't pick up at the bar were all lesbians, too.

Look, I don't care whether he is gone from the Golf Channel or not.  There are plenty of other people who could fill his chair. Maybe they will do a better job than him. But to be all worked up because a pretty girl decides to go out with him seem just a little odd.

Originally Posted by Harmonious

No, I really don't.  What talking head on any program does not come across as a bit of a know-it-all, with a bit of an attitude?  That's why they are hired, to provide opinions and to create discussions about topics, be it politics or golf.

There is a BIG difference between someone being confident in their viewpoints and someone that acts like the words coming out of their mouth are divine.  Erik is the latter.

As for the show, I think they made a bad call on the content.  They program it as if once-a-month viewers are the norm, who will surf in and be happy they are discussing Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods and Tiger Woods.  Gary is knowledgeable and likeable, but it's not that they don't have some good segments and good interviews - it's just not for the knowledgeable golf fan.  For example, they had a poll last week wanting to know whether fans that Tiger would make the cut or not ... please.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

the show is much better without Erik, now get rid of HOlly, plus less Tiger Woods discussion is a big improvement.   Paul Goydos did a good job.   thanks    Sam

• 2 weeks later...

I liked EK's "fire" about sports; why do we want all guys to be Casper Milquetoast?  Did I agree with EK all of the time?  No.  Also, why is he gone and not Holly?  If his behavior was a problem, does it not take two to tango?  I may be old, but I think that has not changed!   Golf Channel loves Bill Clinton & has him on at every opportunity... is EK worse than BIll?  Is EK worse than TIger?   I'm just saying... most folks are not wearing halos...

I like the new format of rotating co-host. I have no opinion about Erik, I've done worse than trying to pick up ladies in the office so I won't toss stones.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Gramma Jo

I liked EK's "fire" about sports; why do we want all guys to be Casper Milquetoast?  Did I agree with EK all of the time?  No.  Also, why is he gone and not Holly?  If his behavior was a problem, does it not take two to tango?  I may be old, but I think that has not changed!   Golf Channel loves Bill Clinton & has him on at every opportunity... is EK worse than BIll?  Is EK worse than TIger?   I'm just saying...        most folks are not wearing halos...

I doubt any of us are wearing halos, but if Clinton and Tiger can't keep it in their pants, they only make more money for Big Media.  Whereas, if Erik can't keep it in his pants, he could cost NBC/Golf Channel an expensive lawsuit and lost advertisers/viewers.  That's the difference.

The Golf Channel's mistake was deciding to sign a host with "character issues" after ESPN dumped him.  That's like a football team that brings in some player with 'character issues' hoping that a new city/new team will magically change their behavior and focus.  How often does that work out?

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

So I just googled Holly Sonders and discovered the worst news in the history of the world.... She is engaged to Eric Kuselias?!! AKA the guy who couldnt hack it on Morning Drive? YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!?? Guy is a grade A TOOL!! Not to mention he is 42 and she is 25.  The world is a terrible place sometimes.

Originally Posted by LongerThanYOU

So I just googled Holly Sonders and discovered the worst news in the history of the world.... She is engaged to Eric Kuselias?!! AKA the guy who couldnt hack it on Morning Drive? YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!?? Guy is a grade A TOOL!! Not to mention he is 42 and she is 25.  The world is a terrible place sometimes.

Meh, just now learning that? They've been dating since he joined the morning show, like in Dec. 2011

I totally agree, EK is a complete dirt bag. His wife (ex) divorced him because he cheated on her. He got kicked out of ESPN because he insulted a female employee.

Holly Sonders knows this, and still with him.

She's pretty, but pretty dumb. Typical dingy hot chick with no brains.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by LongerThanYOU

Wow I had no idea... How can she deal with all his BS and his past?? Is she nuts.  No way that engagement can last.  The guy has two kids to boot!  She can do way better.

Meh... very typical of hot women. And then they all complain about their "guy" treating them like crap! Women are strange that way. Nice guys finish last. LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

• 6 months later...

I noticed that Morning Drive is not scheduled to be shown either this week or next week.

I'm almost certain that I saw it being shown last week.

Has Morning Drive been cancelled?

Or is it just on a temporary holiday break?

I didn't see any explanation at the Golf Channel.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Per Gary Williams' Twitter account, they're just on a break for the rest of 2012. https://twitter.com/garywilliamsGC/status/280670480292261888 https://twitter.com/garywilliamsGC/status/280670603151802369

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

They mentioned being away for the holiday's during the last shows as well . Hasn't been much to talk about other than the long putter thing. The other GC talk shows are winding down as well .

I wish the golf channel would go back to showing some of the classic matches (Shell's Wonderful World) etc. Show some final rounds of majors. I don't need to see any more of the "Big Break". I would rather watch Bobby Jones play than listen to the guys on Morning Drive.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• 1 month later...

Watched the new and improved Morning Drive yesterday.  No problems looking at Holly Sonders.

But can't tolerate Gary Williams whiney voice. The guy knows his stuff - but the voice.......tough to listen to.

I like Charlie Reimer - not sure how Ahmad Rashad is going to help the show.   Two hours a day 7 days a week. Guess they'll have enough viewers to keep it running....trying to emulate NFL studio shows (NFLN/ESPN).

Good luck.

So far I'm not liking the new format and studio set-up. It looks and feels too similar to Golf Central. Maybe it will get better with time but it seems forced with the destination segment and some of the other stuff. Matt Ginella is an oaf. The smaller, looser Mike and Mike style worked better than the GMA thing they're trying to pull off.

Note: This thread is 2966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!