IGNORED

2011 Weight Loss Goals

Ferg
Note: This thread is 4726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 193lbs.

Goal Weight: 180lbs.

I think this will be good posting on our weight to keep yourself motivated.  I need to tone up and lose my spare tire but I am training to run my first 10 K in May so hopefully that will help. Also just to much sweets gotta work on that.

Home course: www.tupelocountryclub.org

5'8"

Current: 173 lbs.

Goal: 165 lbs.

Just started playing tournament softball, so that will be some sort of work out. I am not a big gym type of guy. I have started going for a run every morning before work. I necessarily dont want to lose a ton of weight. Just interested in toning up for beach goings.

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

I'm 6'3" 271 (weighed this morning). I was 288 last april, so I dropped 17 pounds over the year. It's a slow process.

My goal eventually is 240, maybe going down to 225 eventually. Trouble is I'm a full time student and I work full time, so there isn't much time in between.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

• 3 weeks later...

30 years old

5'10

Goal? 180 would be nice. Its not the weight that is the issue. Its the lack of strength and flexability. Started doing yoga and my rowing machine arrived today. I hike with the dog every day and work on my feet. So weight is never a real issue. Its just every thing else. I dont snack often and never drink sugar beverages, ever.

Originally Posted by mihi4

Height: 6.0

Weight: 200

Goal: 185 - 175

Update: I'm down to 190 now, just by taking care what and when I eat dinner... 185 is not far away anymore :)

greetings

michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

Update

Weight: 220

Goal: 200

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 188lbs.

Goal Weight: 170lbs.

Started in January at 195.  I need to ramp it up now that I have started in the right direction.

Observations thus far:  None of my golf shirts fit anymore.  At the range I am making much more solid, crisp contact.  My iron distances  have improved, my tempo is MUCH slower, as I have better body control.  My irons have a slight draw to them now.  My driver which has been a real thorn in my side forever, has started to straighten out.  Still a slice, but much more playable.  I hope with continued work it will really make golf much more enjoyable.

Jay8s

Age 22

height 5'8''

weight 164

goal 155 by midsummer.

started at 170 February 1st.

my arsenal
Driver: Nike Machspeed 9.5
5 Wood: Burner 08
4 Hybrid: Burner 08
Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 ProSand: Cleveland CG-15Putter: Bettinardi BC-2  

Here's my latest update

Height: 6'3"

Weights:

1/4/11   -   260.00 (initial)

2/4/11   -   243.00 (down 17lb)

2/17/11 -   238.60 (down 4.4lb)

3/2/11  -    234.60 (down 4lb)

4/21/11-    227.00 (down 7.6lb)

Year to date total lost:33lb

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
Wedges: 56* CCI and 60* SV Tour
DF 960

Quote:
Update: I'm down to 190

Update: I'm down to 187.

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

I am 56

Weight: 265 at the first of April.

Goal: 175

I am looking to lose 90 lbs. Too old to be so frumpy. Started the Atkins diet which for those who don't know is a very low carb diet. During the first phase you are at 20gram ( less than an ounce) of carbs per day. The major idea is eat as much protein and fat to feel full, 4 meals a day. No calorie counting needed. No chips, pretzels, cookies, cake, rolls, breads, donuts or even Gatorade. So lots of steaks, shrimp, salmon, pork chops, chicken (with the skin) and eggs.

I have lost 20 lbs in 1 month. So only 70 to go. I am expecting most of the loss to take about 5 more months.

I am exercising also. This is to strengthen my endurance and muscle tone, not to lose weight.

Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

Originally Posted by Ferg

Here is an update since I started this thread. How are all of you guys doing?

Height: 6'3"

Weights:

1/4/11   -   260.00 (initial)

2/4/11   -   243.00 (down 17lb)

2/17/11 -   238.6 (down 4.4lb)

Year to date total lost: 21.4lb

Goal: 216lb.

Nice work.

4/18  - 156 lbs - I started the p90x program and diet.

5/6 - 148  (total lost 8 lbs)

Basically following their fat burner diet (first 30 days) which consists of 5 proteins a day, 1 carb, 2 dairy, 1 fruit, 2 veggies, 1 protein bar, 1 snack.  I am following the 1400 calorie a day level.

The workout is 6 days a week, each day doing something different.  Chest/Back/Abs, Cardio, Legs/Back/Abs, Kempo, Arms/Shoulders/Abs, Yoga, Rest

Gets addicting after a while.  But my biggest gripe though is the length of the workout.  Most run 75min to 90min long.  Which can be tough to fit in with work and family life.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Update down to 184.  been lacking the motivation or time to get to the gym.  Two more weeks till the school year is over, then I will hit it full time.  Played two rounds since my initial post, and still find that I am making much better contact.  Putting is killing my rounds now.

Originally Posted by jay8s

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 188lbs.

Goal Weight: 170lbs.

Started in January at 195.  I need to ramp it up now that I have started in the right direction.

Observations thus far:  None of my golf shirts fit anymore.  At the range I am making much more solid, crisp contact.  My iron distances  have improved, my tempo is MUCH slower, as I have better body control.  My irons have a slight draw to them now.  My driver which has been a real thorn in my side forever, has started to straighten out.  Still a slice, but much more playable.  I hope with continued work it will really make golf much more enjoyable.

Jay8s

Height: 5'10''

Current weight: 205lbs.

Goal weight: 170lbs.

I am starting Insanity on Monday, should be fun and look forward to tracking the progress. Congrats to everyone in the thread for working toward their goals!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Ht: 5-9

Wt (3/12/11) 214

Wt (5/7/11) 204

Goal: 190

For me it is pretty simple: Eat a bit smarter, eat a bit less, and exercise a bit more.

In the past I have gone crazy with the exercise both cardio and weight training, but I found that it was difficult to lose weight. I think I had a tendency to eat too much after exercise.  So this time I am monitoring my caloric intake and doing things like walking (to work two-three times a week about a mile, walking on the course...)

The best thing I did was download a free app on my Iphone called Lose It.  It is a calorie and exercise log.  It has really helped me understand what I am eating and how much.  I know it sounds silly and I certainly never thought of myself as a "calorie counter", but it forces me to be accountable and to be honest.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by soloredd

Height: 5'10''

Current weight: 205lbs.

Goal weight: 170lbs.

I am starting Insanity on Monday, should be fun and look forward to tracking the progress. Congrats to everyone in the thread for working toward their goals!

Start today. The "Mondays" is the worst excuse you can use to start a diet. You will eat a massive amount during your weekend and by the time Monday comes around you are crippled by all the junk you ate. Today would be a awesome challenge if your really serious about it. Its Mothers day. You will probably have to go eat out somewhere or do something that has a major food temptation along the way. If you can pass today you will have a HUGE amount of motivation heading into your first week.

BTW. I'm only 5"6 but I tipped the scales at 302 pounds back in 2009. I started the journey on a Thursday Morning on a 23rd but I was ALWAYS one of those "I'll start on Monday" Or "I'll start the first of the month" Never worked. Its a excuse and when I hear someone use it....they are not ready to lose the weight. Not saying you won't but 9/10 says.....it won't.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

21 of 90 days of P90x and down 10 lbs to 146.

Really feeling hungry in-between meals/snacks the past few days.  Think my metabolism is on fire, lol

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Height:6'2

Weight:200

Goal:185

Weight down to 188lbs, have been at that weight for about 1.5 months now. It seems that is where I am going to remain. Losing weight has helped to really improve my swing and all around course fatigue has gone way down.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 4726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!