IGNORED

2011 Weight Loss Goals

Ferg
Note: This thread is 4724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Guys,

I was reading an earlier post about weight loss goals from 2009 so I figured I would start one for 2011.

I started a couple of years ago trying to lose weight. I'm about 6'3" and back in 2009 was about 350lbs. Over the past couple of years I had done well in spurts, and then would fall off the wagon, gain a bit back, then get fed up with feeling like crap again and start on my path. I had gotten down to 237lbs a year ago and then fell off again. I had stayed in the 240's until this past holiday season. From Thanksgiving 2010 to New Years, I gained 18 lbs and weighed 260lb on Jan 4th. Currently I'm down to 243lb as of last week. My overall goal is to get rid of the belly and moobs, but as far as an actual number. right now I'm shooting for 216. Thats the "target" weight that I've read on a lot of sites, so thats what I'll shoot for.

I'm curious who else on here has a big plan for losing more weight.

If you're interested, post your age, height, weight and goal weight and maybe even what exercises you are doing.

I've been walking a lot and running when my knees aren't hurting too bad.  Overall with eating I try to lose more during the week than I gain on the weekends.

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 243 (2/4/11)

Goal: 216lb.

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
Wedges: 56* CCI and 60* SV Tour
DF 960

Height: 6' .5"

Weight: 230 lbs (2/6/2011)

Goal: 218 lbs by 3/30/2011

I was similar to you, i was at 275 for about 8 years, then i just decided to loose it. The big thing was enjoying cooking. I am so lucky to have friends who like cooking, so we always get together and do these big dinners, maybe do some food competitions. This has gotten me into wanting to learn more and get better at cooking. If i had to rank things i like to do, Golf #1, cooking #2. That got me into making my meals from scratch daily. I buy groceries weekly, which lets me control what i eat. I don't go out to eat more than maybe once a month.

My big issue has always been weekends, since i would control the weekdays than hit up fast food weekends, maybe to many going to restaurants. I cut back on that.

If you truely want to loose weight, keep track of everything. Your at 243 now, you can easily look 30lbs this year. Just control what you eat. At your height and weight you should have a Resting Methabolic rate near 2300 calories. You can easily eat 2200 calories, than just doing a day job and walking araound, doing daily routines will make you loose weight. Add in exercise and you will realy burn it off with out feeling famished.

But the biggest thing is learn to love cooking. Just start with easy recipes.. Than you can taylor your diet.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height:6'2

Weight:200

Goal:185

I run for 30 minutes than do weights than ride the bike for 40 minutes. Ah since I quit smoking I have gained like 15lbs and got flabby. Over 30 and down hill got to work harder to get fit these days.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 256

Goal: 180lbs

I started walking our course last year as my starting weight was 267lbs and by the end of the golf season just from eating better and walking our course which is VERY hilly I was down to 225lbs. However, with the onset of the Northern Maine winter I have gained 21lbs since the end of the season. Been saving towards an exercise bike which I love biking and finally have enough money to purchase one so I'm hoping to be in the mid to low 230's by the time the golf season starts mid-April which would put my winter gain around 8-10lbs which I don't consider a big deal. With the help of the bike and the new golf season I know I will be hitting my goal by the end of this year.

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 149

Goal: 142 lbs

Been watching my diet and working out off and on since 2004 or so.  Used to weigh 192 back then.  For 5'4" that is large.

Last July I was back up to 165 and lost about 15 before my annual physical in Oct.  My cholesterol is still up (hereditary against me) so my goal is to hit the treadmilll hard again and try and lose a few more pounds and tone up some.  Hopefully in the process my cholesterol will lower to under 200.  Right now I am at 229.  Very good compared to my 2004 number of 398 (Doc said back then if i wasnt in my 20's I would have had a heart attack).  that is enought to scare a person to get healthy.

If you are serious about weight loss and diet and want to try a program that works, use P90X or a Crossfit program.  If you can stick with those, they work.  But they are tough and is usually a lifestyle change.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

i'm basically the same

Weight: 205
Goal: 190

Started working for the Government and haven't made time or had time (over 3 hours commuting each day) to work out, however since moving i now have an hour commute each day so i can have the ability both time and energy-wise to get back in shape and hit the gym.

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Height:6'2

Weight:200

Goal:185

I run for 30 minutes than do weights than ride the bike for 40 minutes. Ah since I quit smoking I have gained like 15lbs and got flabby. Over 30 and down hill got to work harder to get fit these days.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Height: 6.0

Weight: 200

Goal: 185 - 175

Too many sweets at the evening and too many (sugared) softdrinks for dinner. Trying to cut these off, do more workout or running at home during the week (we're hitting the gym at a regular time fridays).

Should be no problem, if I can keep myself moving more than sitting around...

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

Height: 6'5

Weight: 312

Goal: 275

My lack of time to golf has contributed to my back problems which caused me to quit exercising and gain weight!

I'm back to exercising so hopefully with some warm weather soon I can get out and play.

C'ya

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 250

Goal: 200lbs

I will be cutting my eating portions in half and started walking on the eliptical 30 minutes a night.  Also will be doing Yoga on the Wii 3 nights a week and stretching the other 3 night.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 313

Goal: 260lbs

I work at a golf course in Texas. So I have plenty of opportunity to sweat!!! 3 years ago I was 350 and dropped down to 320. A year later i got down to 296 but have gone back to where I am now. Been around the same ever since. The biggest key for me (like most people in the world i assume) is committment. I always have trouble sticking to it. If I could lose the weight I feel like it would benefit my golf game tremendously. I'm a 7 handicap now at the weight I am at and feel if I weren't so heavy I could be much better.

In the bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 and 5 wood: Steelhead III
3-PW: i3 oversizegap wedge: slingshotSW: i3 bladePutter: Dual Force Rossie IIBall: tour i

Originally Posted by buddycris75

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 313

Goal: 260lbs

I work at a golf course in Texas. So I have plenty of opportunity to sweat!!! 3 years ago I was 350 and dropped down to 320. A year later i got down to 296 but have gone back to where I am now. Been around the same ever since. The biggest key for me (like most people in the world i assume) is committment. I always have trouble sticking to it. If I could lose the weight I feel like it would benefit my golf game tremendously. I'm a 7 handicap now at the weight I am at and feel if I weren't so heavy I could be much better.

Hey man, I'm in the same boat. I was around 350 at a couple points in college (I'm 26 now). Commitment is a huge key. I've gone 2 or 3 times in spurts where I'll lose a good amount of weight, then gain some back, then get sick of it again and lose what I gained back plus a little more. It does make it easy to stay on the wagon though when you see weight drop. Not sure if you have the same abilities, but I know when I was over 300 and started working out, i would drop 6lbs a week pretty easily.

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
DF 960

Here is an update since I started this thread. How are all of you guys doing?

Weights:

1/4/11   -   260.00 (initial)

2/4/11   -   243.00 (down 17lb)

2/17/11 -   238.6 (down 4.4lb)

Year to date total lost: 21.4lb

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
DF 960

Originally Posted by Ferg

Hey man, I'm in the same boat. I was around 350 at a couple points in college (I'm 26 now). Commitment is a huge key. I've gone 2 or 3 times in spurts where I'll lose a good amount of weight, then gain some back, then get sick of it again and lose what I gained back plus a little more. It does make it easy to stay on the wagon though when you see weight drop. Not sure if you have the same abilities, but I know when I was over 300 and started working out, i would drop 6lbs a week pretty easily.

yea i'm pretty much the same way. when i got down to 296 it only took like 3-4 weeks of just walking 5 days a week. that was coming from about 325. i got bit by what alot of people do. i played almost everything in high school and my senior year was at 290 during football season (and mostly muscle). but being the stupid 18 year old that i was i decided that i didn't want to play small school footbal or golf and wanted to go to college at a bigger place. well of course i quit working out and started partying. then came the weight. i just gotta find a way to keep the commitment.

In the bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 and 5 wood: Steelhead III
3-PW: i3 oversizegap wedge: slingshotSW: i3 bladePutter: Dual Force Rossie IIBall: tour i

Whoo man you lost alot of water weight..

Height: 6' .5"

Weights:

1/7/2011 - 237.5 lbs

2/15/2011 - 229.5 lbs (-8 lbs)

Method:

Intake: 2000-2300 calories a day, about 20-30% fat, 15-20% Protein, 50-65% Carbs

Minimum 4 days a week, 2 days circuit training (M,T), 2-3 days Plyometric or HIIT (T,Th, maybe F) (i alternate to keep my body guessing)

Calories Burned: Between 3400 - 3800 calories monday thru friday.

Notes:

I was hitting a plateau for about a week on 231, then i added in Plyometrics and now i am on the downslope again.

I also find the only time i really feel hungry is right before dinner, so i am thinking of adding something for my lunch to give me more staying power. My dinners last me well into the night with out hunger cravings. I use to do 1500 calories, but thats just hell. 2200-2300 is my projected resting metabolic rate, so i try to eat at least that.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Ferg

Here is an update since I started this thread. How are all of you guys doing?

Weights:

2/17/11 -   238.6 (down 4.4lb)

Year to date total lost: 21.4lb

Great job...I applaud your efforts and dedication.  I'm 6' and lost 40lbs about 15 years ago, went from 225lbs down to 185lbs.  I did 2 things besides exercising, I did not eat a single french fry for an entire year, if I hit a fast-food joint, I would go with a salad and a grilled chicken product.  2nd thing was cutting my portions in 1/2, most of the restaurants give you WAAAAYYY to much food.  They do it because adding a little bit more food onto the plate really doesn't up their cost that much (people, ie - wait-staff and cooks are a bigger cost) and makes you feel like you got your money's worth.

Since the mid-90's I've unfortunately been through a marriage / divorce and job changes, so my schedule is different and I exercise less and eat out too much.  My weight is now up to 260lbs, which is very heavy and bordering on obese.  I have a goal of getting down to 215lbs this year.  So far, I dropped the first 8lbs pretty quick, but haven't been doing much to make any more progress.

I'm going to post my numbers here, too... to get me back on track.

Height: 6'0"

Weights:

1/1/11   -   260.00 (initial)

2/1/11   -   252.00 (down 8lbs)

Year to date total lost: 8lbs

Goal: 215lbs

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

What the hell mise well get in on this:

Height:6'1"

Weight start Feb 9 - 228.8

Goal: 195

Current Feb 17: 223.2 (down 5.6lbs)

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I don´t have a weight loss goal, but i thought i could write here cause my goal is to get 22ibs  (10 kg)  more with muscle worckout :)

Still growing but my sizes are now:

Age now : 16

Height now: 6.3 ft (190 cm)

weight now: 154 ibs (70 kg)

Goal weight (1.8.2011): 176ibs (80 kg)

In my nike.gif bag:

Driver:  nike.gif Sumo2 SQ 5900
Irons:  callaway.gif  X-14 steelhead
Putter:wilson.gif ProStaff 2Balls: callaway.gif  srixon.gif  topflite.gif  bridgestone.gif  nike.gif  titleist.gif all kinds 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update so far

Weights:

2/17/11 -   238.60 (down 4.4lb)

3/2/11  -    234.60 (down 4lb)

Year to date total lost:25.4lb

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
DF 960

Note: This thread is 4724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!