IGNORED

Favorite Golf YouTube Channels?

Jeremie Boop

Just curious what everyone enjoys watching as far as golf youtube channels. Used to be I was a Rick Shiels, Peter Finch, Mark Crossfield watcher. These days it's more just Rick and now Good Good (as well as a few of the individual members of). I haven't really looked for any other channels intentionally, only found Good Good through their meet up with Shiels and the hole in one par 4 viral video. I don't necessarily care much for golf instruction/lesson style channels anymore. Mostly just like to watch course vlogs/friendly competition style videos these days.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I don't necessarily care much for golf instruction/lesson style channels anymore. Mostly just like to watch course vlogs/friendly competition style videos these days.

This

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Rick Shiels has some entertaining videos. I’ll watch damn near anything really. I never know when someone might give me a tip to help me get a feel for some particular part of the golf swing. As grossly untalented with no natural abilities with golf I’m always open for instruction. I’ve just recently watched a few GOOD GOOD videos but find them ( Grant) totally un-relatable for me as they’re all young, athletic and flexible. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Here are my top three, not really in any particular order.

1. Good Good. Love the energy and vibes this group gives off. I’d been subscribed to GM Golf for a while prior to Good Good forming and am really enjoying the variety in their challenges.

2. Not A Scratch Golfer. Although he’s for sure a better golfer than me (I think he’s a 7 hcp), we’re similar in that neither of us have the prettiest of swings but we can get around the course fairly well. 

My favorite part about his channel is that he goes in depth about his rounds and talks over his shots, and apart from him I haven’t come across many guys on YouTube that do that.

3. Mark Crossfield. Love his instruction videos and just his personality.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I like to watch Masters final round broadcasts on The Masters channel. Ditto for The Open and US Open channels, although the USGA has an app now.

I enjoy some of the NLU content, especially their travel series (Strapped, Tourist Sauce). Not a fan of live podcasts and tournament preview shows though.

I like The Fried Egg golf course drone videos.

I like AMG for instructional content, although the click bait titles annoy me.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Golf YouTube has completely replaced the PGA Tour for me. I almost never watch professional golf anymore, except the Masters, but I'll even get bored watching majors sometimes, probably because the broadcasts now seem to get worse every year. It's kind of sad, but it's really not my fault I don't find it to be that entertaining anymore. I doubt it will always be this way for me and I'll probably have a renaissance with it all again one day, but for a while now I simply have not tuned in. 

It took me about two years for me to warm up to GM Golf and Grant. But I like those kids now. I respect the hustle and their content. They helped me get thru a lot of the hard times when I wasn't healthy enough to play. 

Another YouTube channel I love to hate is Foreplay from Barstool. These guys irk me to no end, but they totally grew on me during these last few years of surgery/rehab/etc. The Trent Breaking Series is their most entertaining content, even if it's super frustrating to watch Trent suck. Trent IMO is by far the most likeable member of the group though.

Recently I've gotten into Bob Does Sports, which I find pretty funny and entertaining. These guys are pretty silly, but I enjoy their banter. 

I hate to admit this, but despite how much Bryson Dechambeau annoys the crap out of me, I still like his YouTube channel a lot. I know he was super frustrated by the Tour not letting him vlog on the range and stuff, and I agree with him that's a mistake on the tour's part.

But yea, Golf YouTube. It's how I enjoy golf on a screen now. 

Except the Masters. That I'll never stop loving. Although, to the Masters' credit, I like how I can pick and choose where on the course I want to watch. I realize this isn't realistic for a regular tour event to do, but yea. 

Bonus shoutout to Erik Anders Lang, who I know is suuuuper annoying too because of his excess of positivity 24-7, but he has some entertaining content every now and then. I enjoyed this one recently:

Constantine

• iacas changed the title to Favorite Golf YouTube Channels?
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

Bonus shoutout to Erik Anders Lang, who I know is suuuuper annoying too because of his excess of positivity 24-7

No, that's not why he's suuuuuuuper annoying.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

No, that's not why he's suuuuuuuper annoying.

LOL. Can we have a thread tangent on this topic please? 

I feel like the guy is terrified of being negative in any way whatsoever and it definitely is weird to see. He does work with Dana Dahlquist tho so he's got some redeeming aspects, no? 😂

Constantine

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

LOL. Can we have a thread tangent on this topic please? 

Go for it.

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Go for it.

Aside from what I would classify as "excessive positivity," his too-cool-for-school Brooklyn hipster style is definitely something of an issue as well, I admit. Similar though I guess to Luke with Vader, I "see the good in him" somewhere 😆.

Maybe his positivity is finally getting to me. 

Constantine

49 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Aside from what I would classify as "excessive positivity," his too-cool-for-school Brooklyn hipster style is definitely something of an issue as well, I admit. Similar though I guess to Luke with Vader, I "see the good in him" somewhere 😆.

I enjoyed the earlier EAL videos, when the content, as I perceived it, was him golfing with his buddies in cool places (I liked the Scotland series) and filming it. It was well produced, without feeling overly slick/manufactured, and came across as organic and relatable. His more current stuff kind of bores me and just hits different; it's almost too well produced. Also I don't need to see a youtube golf content creator getting fitted for clubs at the Taylormade Kingdom (not sure if they're still a sponsor or not).

Also, I recall one time when he was playing one of the Bandon courses, he said he hit a ball OB (or maybe it was lost), but only took a penalty drop, not stroke and distance.

I do like watching his "trying to break XX at major championship course" type videos.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

20 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I do like watching his "trying to break XX at major championship course" type videos.

I tend to agree this is his best content yea. And yea, I also liked the earlier content he did with Skratch. I felt it kind of had a cool Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations vibe which I enjoyed.

Edit: This is a super bizarre weird fact about Erik Anders Lang. The LAST content posted by theDanPlan on Youtube was Erik Anders Lang's FIRST ever appearance too. No clue why the simulation is trolling us with this one, but I always found this to be a strange coincidence with one social media career ending as another one began.

Dan's last upload, you can see Erik is there playing urban golf with him.

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

The ones where he cheats like crazy? Yeah.

• Informative 1

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The ones where he cheats like crazy? Yeah.

I've seen most of them and never noticed that. I need to brush up on the rules, yikes. 

Constantine

• 2 weeks later...

Good Good / GM_golf, Grant Horvat, Bubbies channel,  how i found them idk i was in the YT rabbit hole one day for golf lol...  but they do post some good stuff!!!   

Bryson's channel is pretty good, I really took a liking to his channel after i seen him on GoodGood's channel, and realized his personality is actually pretty cool..     I didn't know he wanted to vlog on the range at PGA events and they wouldn't allow it, which i think is a huge missed opportunity for the PGA..  

TXG Tour Experience - is nice because they test out all kinds of equipment and really go in depth about stuff

Rick Shields and Mark Crossfields channels have always been a favorite of mine..

other's that i watch videos of,  SAS Golf, Danny Maude, Peter Finch, Micah Morris, James Robinson, Regency Golf, even throw in Paige Spiranac, and Clair Hogle

It is what it is

I would absolutely tune in for a golf tournament with the top 10 YouTube instructors. My list isn’t probably the top ten but either would be interesting to me.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I would agre

On 9/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, Darkfrog said:

I like to watch Masters final round broadcasts on The Masters channel. Ditto for The Open and US Open channels, although the USGA has an app now.

I enjoy some of the NLU content, especially their travel series (Strapped, Tourist Sauce). Not a fan of live podcasts and tournament preview shows though.

I like The Fried Egg golf course drone videos.

I like AMG for instructional content, although the click bait titles annoy me.

Ditto to all.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white)