IGNORED

How often do you go and how much time do you spend at a driving range?

BrushCaddy
Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a MONTH do you go to the driving range?

• Never, grass makes me sneeze
    • 1-2 Times per month
    • 3-5 Times per month
    • 6-8 Times per month
    • Almost daily
    • _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    • How long do you spend at the range each time you go?
    • Up to 1 hour
    • Up to 2 hours
    • Up to 3 hours
    • They have to chase me off...

I used to be a range rat but our club has a limited range.  anything over 165 yards is not permitted.  But I use the course for most of my practice time I will routinely play 3 or 4 balls and and hit several other shots per hole on top of that.  I like that type of real world practice.

usually 3-4 times a week if i can...usually over an hour b/c i take my routine before each ball, except with chips, short wedges.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I was expecting 3-5 times a month to be most popular.  I'm only able to get there once a week.

I either hit a bucket and then putt or hit the chipping greens and putt but rarely is it all 3.  I'm usually there for 1.5 hours or up to 2.

I go every day, for about 2 hours. Putting green, short game area, range. Play about twice a month. I would play more, and practice less, but I live in Japan, and the golf courses are a grip. A hundred bucks for one round? Ouch.

Titleist 910D2 8.5° Diamana 'ahina 80 S
Titleist 909F3 3W 13° Diamana D83 S, Titleist 910f 5W 19° Fubuki Ax 80X
Taylormade RAC MB TP 3-PW Irons DG S300, Callaway Jaws 54° and 60°
Titleist Futura putter, Taylormade TP5 balls

Honestly I may go 1 time in the whole entire season.  There are a couple of reasons, first there is not a decent range around me to go to.  None of the courses I play often have a driving range either.  Second I would rather play than practice, I feel like I learn how to play and hit better the more I play on the course.  No two shots are alike during a round where as the driving range you are in the same spot over and over again.  Third I play like crap when I do hit the range before a round, I played Muirfield Village CC last year with my dad and his friend (member) we went to the range (which was really nice).  But I played terrible (90) and I regretted ruining an awesome course with my terrible play.

I will stick to my 10 on the putting green and my two warm-up swings on the 1st tee box

I try and practice something golf-related every day, but probably only "go to the range" -- in the sense of hitting a couple of buckets of balls -- maybe twice a week.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Twice a week and i try and shoot for two hours of practice but its a give and take i just have to remind myself that im not there just to hit balls. I like to try and work on something specific. Sometimes i get dragged into a pissing contest to see who can drive it the farthest and i learned that when that happens i tend to pick up bad habits and screw up my swing.

In my callaway.gif Warbird Bag XXT Stand Bag:

callaway.gif Driver Diablo 9*
callaway.gif Hybrid 3H Diablo 21*
mizuno.gif MP-33's 3-pwcallaway.gifWedge 60* X-Forgedcallaway.gif Putter Ruthfords seriestitleist.gif Nxt Tour Ball

I answered 6-8 times per month, but I don't do a lot of full shot practice.

My home course has a really good little pitching green with practice bunkers, a bit of varying rough and 3 pins on different tiers.

Lately I've just been going there before work (which is around the corner )

I might only practice full shots 1-2 times per month at most.

Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!