IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone who's never smoked a bowl, go do it and let us all know that you don't feel any different.

Not gonna happen these days. You must be retired and it's been a looooong time ago since you've partaken?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I think my golf game would be a mess if I played stoned. Pot makes me very analytical. That's the last thing you want for a good golf swing. It's not conducive to a relaxed, focused golf swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by LBlack14

Not gonna happen these days. You must be retired and it's been a looooong time ago since you've partaken?

Eh, you're a little off. I haven't had my first job yet. Hell, I haven't graduated high school yet...I'm only 18, lol.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I don't smoke... I tried it in college several times and was the type of guy that would just laugh and couldn't really function when high.  Plus I'm not of fan of smoke in general because it seems to trigger my allergies.  But there are some people that smoking pot doesn't seem to really effect their motor skills.

For instance, one of the guys I play with pretty much every week/end burns trees regularly when we play.  He is very successful in the business world... And while it's not something that I really condone, it doesn't bother me.  He has a 'legal prescription'...  And him smoking outdoors really doesn't effect me as I'm not in close quarters where the smoke would just linger.

He carries ~ 8 handicap and beats me regularly when he's on his 'A' game... Come to think about it... I don't think I've ever played a round with him when he wasn't high/smoking.

I love this thread maaan...so we were out there playing today, a cold, blustery day, and my buddy pulls out a very greasy fatty and I had a couple puffs...parred the next two holes, then on the next par 3 just pured a 6 iron, one of those ones that just felt good from the moment it left the clubface...coupla hops and IN for an ace! Don't know if the pot had anything to do with it but I sure was relaxed through those 3 holes...just sayin'...

Eh, you're a little off. I haven't had my first job yet. Hell, I haven't graduated high school yet...I'm only 18, lol.

That would explain it. Sorry.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by center cut

I love this thread maaan...so we were out there playing today, a cold, blustery day, and my buddy pulls out a very greasy fatty and I had a couple puffs...parred the next two holes, then on the next par 3 just pured a 6 iron, one of those ones that just felt good from the moment it left the clubface...coupla hops and IN for an ace! Don't know if the pot had anything to do with it but I sure was relaxed through those 3 holes...just sayin'...

Congrats on the ace.  I haven't had one. :(

I don't think that there is a problem with someone enjoying a couple beers or a little bit of weed while enjoying a round of golf on their leisure time.  That person worked hard enough to afford the weed, the round of golf and his clubs so if it makes his round more enjoyable and its outside so its not going to really effect anyone else have at it.

• 1 month later...

The thing about "Swing doctor" is that it can go either way (At least for me). It can either relax me to the point where I swing a bit easier and better. or it just makes it too hard to focus well enough and it hurts my game. Either way, I don't see anything wrong with it.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Or you could look at http://www.medpagetoday.com/Psychiatry/Addictions/8096 which says it is about the same as smoking cigs. Both studies can be right as one is comparing someone who smokes 2x/month (the first study) and high users (1 joint per day). COPD and the like are also issues in most studies that I have read (yeah I know, you only vap....). Both studies could also be total crap. There is a lot of garbage that gets published in studies like this as it is really hard to take all the various factors into account.

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/307/2/173.short

Here's your proof- a 20 year study showing that pot doesn't damage the lungs like tobacco smoke does.

Are you two really arguing about whether or not smoking pot causes lung damage? Sheesh. Of course it does, its smoke. But its still a hell of a lot safer than booze. On and off the course

Originally Posted by x129

Or you could look at http://www.medpagetoday.com/Psychiatry/Addictions/8096 which says it is about the same as smoking cigs. Both studies can be right as one is comparing someone who smokes 2x/month (the first study) and high users (1 joint per day). COPD and the like are also issues in most studies that I have read (yeah I know, you only vap....). Both studies could also be total crap. There is a lot of garbage that gets published in studies like this as it is really hard to take all the various factors into account.

Originally Posted by StevoMcNasty

I smoke pot everyday and im a scratch golfer. Yes i play worse when im stoned. So i wait til after the round. Unless im 5+ by 9.... Then yeah i smoke on the course. But thats just how we are here in Cali everybody smokes on the course.

same here bud, but not cali....Canada lol.  I do love being stoned and having the golf course to myself though, its pretty awesome.

If you are frustrated out there, it probably will help, but otherwise it most likely wont make you play better.  It will almost defiently make you miss a putt or two, but id rather have fun out there then be all serious, especially if im just playing with buddies.

Tiger90

Three years ago while playing at Falcon Head in Austin Tx, I was paired with two gentleman. One had long hair and was wearing Parachute pants. the other jeans and the black tee shirt of some unknown rock-punk band. Long story short when ever they hit one OB they would both look for the ball while smoking a "cigarette" . I later learned after the round that parachute pants was the lead guitarist for a famous 70" hair band and blue jeans was the road manager. BOTH had great games, Blue jeans shot 1 over and Parachute was 2 under.   You out there in the Golf Universe be the judge.

Originally Posted by BunkerShot

Three years ago while playing at Falcon Head in Austin Tx, I was paired with two gentleman. One had long hair and was wearing Parachute pants. the other jeans and the black tee shirt of some unknown rock-punk band. Long story short when ever they hit one OB they would both look for the ball while smoking a "cigarette" . I later learned after the round that parachute pants was the lead guitarist for a famous 70" hair band and blue jeans was the road manager. BOTH had great games, Blue jeans shot 1 over and Parachute was 2 under.   You out there in the Golf Universe be the judge.

Well, what band was it? You can't just leave it at that. :)

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

Well, what band was it? You can't just leave it at that. :)

I'm still trying to figure out how they kept hitting it OB yet posted rounds of 1 under and 2 over.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 2717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!