IGNORED

Do SGI clubs count?

Note: This thread is 4812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rocco Plays on stock Callaway X Series (I'm sure he's moved up from the X-22's by now)  And I'd Say he's pretty good.  Who Cares what your friends think, keep hitting it past them...

Originally Posted by Cossackred

Yeah, a lot of that going on too. Behind the whining about my score not counting, there was the "lets see what your clubs can do this time" and the "come on Super Clubs" as I walked to the tee. All in good fun, but still kinda taking away from a good day of golf (for me at least). I know they are game improvement, but it's still a little bit me in there making a shot, right?  It's not like they're just automatically hitting the ball in the hole. I'm just in the trees less often and it makes that 2nd or 3rd shot a lot easier. Not as much chipping back onto the fairway to get a shot at the green.

Seeing the worst of 4, get 2nd in the group wasn't fun for them I guess. Not that any of us are really "good" at golf, I'm usually a few shots behind everyone by  the end of the front 9, at least.

If I could stop 3 putting, I might stay in second. The friend who gets first, usually is in first by a good amount.  He's more serious about golf and has a lot more time to play than the rest of us.

It's all you, I just bought SGI clubs, but I don't think they alone will get me to under 100.  Guys are competitive, I understand why the comments were bumming you out, but deep down they know its not just the clubs.  As others have said, if they keep it up, find new people to play with, or offer some of them to play with your clubs to see how much better they do, might shut them up.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

to the original poster....out of curiosity, which SGI irons are you are playing?

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Quote:

Rocco Plays on stock Callaway X Series (I'm sure he's moved up from the X-22's by now)  And I'd Say he's pretty good.  Who Cares what your friends think, keep hitting it past them...

He did when he was with Callaway...now he plays whatever he wants...I thing he still has the AP2s in his bag now.

Sometimes I play blades, sometimes GI.  Both require a good swing.  I've never seen someone with a fundamentally flawed golf swing start hitting great shots because of SGI clubs.  Tell your friends to stick it, or offer to let them use your clubs if they think they make everything so easy.

A little bit of you making the shot?  It's ALL you buddy.....If your friends aren't out there hitting fades, draws, punch shots, etc then they should be playing SGI clubs too.  I've played players clubs, I can work the ball if I need too, but I've found that gets me thinking too much.  I play my best golf when I focus on hitting the ball straight, that's why I play GI clubs....

Originally Posted by Cossackred

Yeah, a lot of that going on too. Behind the whining about my score not counting, there was the "lets see what your clubs can do this time" and the "come on Super Clubs" as I walked to the tee. All in good fun, but still kinda taking away from a good day of golf (for me at least). I know they are game improvement, but it's still a little bit me in there making a shot, right?  It's not like they're just automatically hitting the ball in the hole. I'm just in the trees less often and it makes that 2nd or 3rd shot a lot easier. Not as much chipping back onto the fairway to get a shot at the green.

Seeing the worst of 4, get 2nd in the group wasn't fun for them I guess. Not that any of us are really "good" at golf, I'm usually a few shots behind everyone by  the end of the front 9, at least.

If I could stop 3 putting, I might stay in second. The friend who gets first, usually is in first by a good amount.  He's more serious about golf and has a lot more time to play than the rest of us.

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Originally Posted by iacas

Your friends are morons. Keep taking their money.

Could not agree more, what a bunch of clowns.

K. J. Choi gamed Ping G15's at last years Masters, he even uses these for his 52 & 56, guess they would call him a cheat?

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Originally Posted by iacas

Your friends are morons. Keep taking their money.

And...

1. Don't forget to mock them when you beat them.
  2. Offer them opportunities to hit your irons right after they shank one out of bounds or drop it into the water. If they hit it, they will envy you, but be too proud to admit it. That will screw them up even worse.
  3. Do work on your putting and chipping a few hours a week (for free at virtually any course) and start beating them by double digits!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

I go along with what most others have already said. I would imagin they are conforming clubs, you bought them and they are yours, you apparently play pretty well with them--I'd say you buddies are just jealous and would rather look cool than score well.

Play well and when or if you feel you want to challenge yourself, after you improve of course, there is a patheon of very good equipment to choose from.

One last thing. When I initially read your post a quote came to mind I read off of the internet. It doesn't deal directly with golf, but I found it pretty good advice. "It is none of your business what others think of you"; translated, who do you live your life for (?) and translated to golf, who are you playing the game for?

So once again, play well

I'm not sure what I find less interesting. 1.) how many people can't possibly hit the ball 300 yards or 2.) which irons KJ Choi and Rocco Mediate have in the bag.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!