IGNORED

FAKE R11

willgolf
Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

willgolf,

i live in china also, and can tell you from experience that there is no way the clubs you will receive are real. genuine clubs here are extremely exspensive.

Keep it where the mowers go!

if youre ok with supporting the counterfeiting industry, go for it on the scotty.  its just a putter, have the loft and lie set to whatever you want and enjoy.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by nike_golf

haha.  It's only 110 euro.  Isn't that about $150?

You have no problem throwing away that kind of money?  Ok.........

And I certainly am not worked up.  You do whatever you want.

(I'd still be interested in seeing pics)

I have to agree with this. I wouldn't waste even 20 dollars on a fake golf club.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Since we have some smart folks here, I have a question..... What happens to all the heads that don't get sent to the manufacturers that don't pass QC/tolerances?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by LBlack14

Since we have some smart folks here, I have a question..... What happens to all the heads that don't get sent to the manufacturers that don't pass QC/tolerances?

I had a lady one time try to sell me a set of clubs and i told her "no thanks" you don't have what i want. she then talked to me for a few minutes explaining that these were OEM and they had only minor defects that wouldn't effect the clubs ball striking ability. so at this point I'm curious, so i say OK i would like a set of R9 TP's , and to which she said "OK, give me 10 minutes!" i of course i let her go and retrieve the clubs because i wanted to see them. and then she returns with just what i asked for and more. a set of brand new R9 TP irons, TaylorMade R9 fairway woods, and a brand spanking new R9 SUPERTRI and a nice shiny new TaylorMade tour bag all for the low low price of 1,300 RMB/200 USD . and i said " Lady you actually expect me to believe that you went and pieced together a set of "reject TaylorMade's in 10 mins." and walked away.

I'm not 100% sure, but i would go out on a limb here and say that the number of "rejects" are not enough of them to fill entire an shopping mall. which i have seen here. store after store after store of "discounted" clubs. how bout a company like Ping, aren't they only made in the good ole USA? do u think that it somehow help them to ship their clubs that are not up to par over seas and sell them at a fraction of the cost.

Here is a good article on how big the Counterfeit golf club business is here in China.

Pssst, wanna buy some clubs!?

Originally Posted by andymane

I had a lady one time try to sell me a set of clubs and i told her "no thanks" you don't have what i want. she then talked to me for a few minutes explaining that these were OEM and they had only minor defects that wouldn't effect the clubs ball striking ability. so at this point I'm curious, so i say OK i would like a set of R9 TP's , and to which she said "OK, give me 10 minutes!" i of course i let her go and retrieve the clubs because i wanted to see them. and then she returns with just what i asked for and more. a set of brand new R9 TP irons, TaylorMade R9 fairway woods, and a brand spanking new R9 SUPERTRI and a nice shiny new TaylorMade tour bag all for the low low price of 1,300 RMB/200 USD . and i said " Lady you actually expect me to believe that you went and pieced together a set of "reject TaylorMade's in 10 mins." and walked away.

I'm not 100% sure, but i would go out on a limb here and say that the number of "rejects" are not enough of them to fill entire an shopping mall. which i have seen here. store after store after store of "discounted" clubs. how bout a company like Ping, aren't they only made in the good ole USA? do u think that it somehow help them to ship their clubs that are not up to par over seas and sell them at a fraction of the cost.

Here is a good article on how big the Counterfeit golf club business is here in China.

Pssst, wanna buy some clubs!?

do you remember how the clubs looked compared to real ones?

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by nike_golf

haha.  It's only 110 euro.  Isn't that about $150?

You have no problem throwing away that kind of money?  Ok.........

And I certainly am not worked up.  You do whatever you want.

(I'd still be interested in seeing pics)

Yeah, I would rather put that $150 on something new like a Ping or Odyssey putter. You can easily buy one of those for that amount. Oh well...........

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

how bout a company like Ping, aren't they only made in the good ole USA? do u think that it somehow help them to ship their clubs that are not up to par over seas and sell them at a fraction of the cost.

Pings are made in China.

Originally Posted by willgolf

il put up pics of them when i get them. i dont even care really if they are fake can wait to see how it hits the ball and i have the R9 anyway dont know why people are getting so worked up about this its only 110 euro

If you don't care then why did you start this thread in the first place?  It's obvious to anyone with the ability to think about it that they are fake.  Paying 110 euros for fake clubs is just silly.  If you are planning to try and turn them over for profit on ebay or some such as real then I have no comment.  This is clearly one of the more useless threads I've ever read.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by LBlack14

They are shredded, melted, etc down to make new clubs from. Ping and other such companies will not get caught selling or releasing an "inferior" product. It would tarnish their reputation. There's a 0% chance of that happening. I witnessed this with my own eyes at the Ping factory in Arizona.

As for the other poster that wrote that Pings are made in China, they're made in the USA, in Arizona.

Originally Posted by Pat007

They are shredded, melted, etc down to make new clubs from. Ping and other such companies will not get caught selling or releasing an "inferior" product. It would tarnish their reputation. There's a 0% chance of that happening. I witnessed this with my own eyes at the Ping factory in Arizona.

As for the other poster that wrote that Pings are made in China, they're made in the USA, in Arizona.

Controlling this type of thing is much different when outsourcing manufacturing to countries like China and Taiwan.  Some 'counterfeit' clubs are actually legitimate heads (whether produced illegally (overrun) or withheld for quality reasons).  These heads are then assembled with non-OEM shafts and grips and sold illegally.  There was a thread about a set of MP68s that sounded like this type of thing.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

do you remember how the clubs looked compared to real ones?

they looked identical. the only way to tell the difference would be a side by side comparison.

they looked identical. the only way to tell the difference would be a side by side comparison.

wow. that's impressive. I personally would never buy anything online that is shipped from china. even if I knew it was real, I wouldn't. even with the side by side comparison, i'm sure it would be difficult to see the differences.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Why would you want to pay anything for fakes unless you just plan to showcase them or try to sell them to someone else as real?

I agree....I think that might be the definition of Poser!

Originally Posted by shades9323

Pings are made in China.

They are made in Arizona, except maybe the S57s

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

has anyone actually hit a fake driver? I just want to know the difference in feel between real and fake.

Not true anymore. I talked to Bill Gates of PING today as a matter of fact. The G5's and prior were made in the Dolphin plant as were the G10 and I 10's, but the G15, I15 and K15's as well as all the titanium heads are manufactured in china. Their clubs are ASSEMBLED in the USA though. The Dolphin plant is still open, but they only make their Prototype heads there. Some time ago they also outsourced their bags to Mexico, but in the last year they've began to make their bags in the USA again with the INTENT to eventually bring all their manufacturing back to the good ol' US of A. I also do not believe that all OEM's destroy all the heads that do not pass QC/tolerances. I believe what this post says. [quote name="delav" url="/forum/thread/44531/fake-r11/18#post_581654"]

Controlling this type of thing is much different when outsourcing manufacturing to countries like China and Taiwan. Some 'counterfeit' clubs are actually legitimate heads (whether produced illegally (overrun) or withheld for quality reasons). These heads are then assembled with non-OEM shafts and grips and sold illegally.

[/quote]

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!