IGNORED

Trivial suggestion: All smileys in the same style

Zeph
Note: This thread is 4783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is no biggie, but I'll throw it out here anyways. It would be nice if all the smileys were in the same style. Today we got 2-3 different styles.

That is all.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Zeph

This is no biggie, but I'll throw it out here anyways. It would be nice if all the smileys were in the same style. Today we got 2-3 different styles.

That is all.

Yeah, I kinda like our current collection though... It's eclectic. :-) Plus this guy doesn't fit into any of the styles, and we've gotta keep him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Love the banana, but I've always thought the :-P is kinda lame.

Or at least for a couple months, I don't think it's always been like that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Originally Posted by jamo

Love the banana, but I've always thought the :-P is kinda lame.

Or at least for a couple months, I don't think it's always been like that.

To be honest, I don't really know.

I'm annoyed that smileys aren't auto-replaced. I'd notice them more if they weren't such a pain to use. vBulletin would replace :-P and ;-). This forum software doesn't.

If someone could find a 1:1 replacement for all of the smileys we have now - including the beer one and the banana and so on - I'll send them along and we can get them all replaced. They need to be 1:1 and every smiley would need to look the same, though.

Good luck... I don't see this one coming about. Bigger fish to fry, as they say...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Personally I prefer this style, smiley collection set 1: http://www.big-boards.com/smileys.php#

The contrast is good, so you can actually see what it's supposed to look like, plus the expressions are good.

set1.gif

Some new ones could be added too. I like :thumbsup:, :love:, :woot:, :wallbash:, :yes:, :no:, :ermm:, :laugh:, :wee:.

Using this forum at parallell with an IPB back when we had vBulletin was a mess. :-P on one forum and :P on the next, oy vey. If you use the Rich Text Editor here you'll have to click it anyways.

- smile.gif

- wink.gif

- inv_biggrin.gif

- sad.gif

- cry.gif

- ohmy.gif

- tongue.gif

- hmm2.gif

- blushing.gif

- Same

- hammer.gif

- Modify

- Modify

- Same

- Keep or modify

- Same

- Same

- Same

- Same

- Same

- 001_9898.gif

- Same

- Same

- Same

- innocent.gif

- 001_cool.gif

- kiss.gif

- Modify - Can hardly see what it's supposed to look like

- Modify

- nupe.gif or modify

- Modify

- Modify

On a slightly related topic, is it possible to widen the smiley popup window? Because of all the brand logos, you have to scroll sideways to find all the smileys.

• Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Zeph

On a slightly related topic, is it possible to widen the smiley popup window? Because of all the brand logos, you have to scroll sideways to find all the smileys.

I don't think so, but I'll ask.

I'll post again here soon...

hammer.gif is a part of the extended set found here .

- Keep

- thumbs.gif

- Keep

- Delete

- Delete

- thumbdown.gif

- Delete

- Delete

Works for me.

Here are some others I'd like to see. All of them are found in the set (or extended) on the link above. Number two and three is animated, have to click it. wub.gif - no.gif - new_yes.gif - laugh.gif - huh.gif

Maybe we could have one pop-up window for smileys and one for logos, just copy the function and divide the pictures. Don't think I've ever seen the logos posted in a thread, it's mostly a signature thing.

I'll put my services up if you want someone to sort out the ones we use, rename if needed. You'll probably do it faster yourself, but I don't mind. Once sorted out I guess it's a quick job to replace them in the server folder.

• Administrator

http://iacas.org/smileys_unified/

How's that? If you have changes to the replacement ones, let me know (by posting here).

Then, separately, we can use this thread to vote for 3 to 8 smileys to bump up into the list we'll employ.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Here are some others I'd like to see. All of them are found in the set (or extended) on the link above.

See the above. I've listed all the ones I'd even remotely consider adding. We'll move 3 or 8 over.

Maybe we could have one pop-up window for smileys and one for logos, just copy the function and divide the pictures. Don't think I've ever seen the logos posted in a thread, it's mostly a signature thing.

It is, yes. I'll ask, but I think it's unlikely.

I'll put my services up if you want someone to sort out the ones we use, rename if needed. You'll probably do it faster yourself, but I don't mind. Once sorted out I guess it's a quick job to replace them in the server folder.

It requires changing a database too. It's not quite that quick. It was almost that quick on vBulletin - Huddler requires a little more.

I like it.

My votes go to _blink.gif, _no.gif, _offtopic.gif, _scared.gif, _sleeping.gif.

I like the new smilie list. To add, I'd vote for: z2_scared.gif z4_blink.gif z5_smartass.gif z8_offtopic.gif

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• Administrator

Originally Posted by B-Con

To add, I'd vote for:

z2_scared.gif

z4_blink.gif

z5_smartass.gif

z8_offtopic.gif

Good. They're already in. Voting is closed. ;-)

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm annoyed that smileys aren't auto-replaced. I'd notice them more if they weren't such a pain to use. vBulletin would replace :-P and ;-). This forum software doesn't.

Personally, I prefer to leave the:-P and ;-) intact, I don't trust these newfangled graphical emoticons... :-)

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

if you could add the one where the smiley is beating a dead horse with a stick. that would be great!

Keep it where the mowers go!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

So, this was done while I was gone. What do you think? Better? I like them.

Is back to normal, so it looks good to me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Thanks. ;-)

Note: This thread is 4783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!