IGNORED

Why Do You Play Golf?

Cici
Note: This thread is 4799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today,I read a passage about the reasons why do you play golf.

So ,ladiesand gentlemen,why do you play golf?

Firstly,I play golf because I believe it can help me keep healthy.I play golf because I want to get joy from playing golf.

Secondly,maybe the reasons you play golf are similar to mine.Maybe you have some other reasons to it.

Last but not the least,I want to collect some reasons as much as I can .

I sincere hope you can give mea favor/

I play golf because no matter how stressed I get it always relaxes me and I feel better when Im out on the course. Also, I played basketball and football in high school and Im very competetive in nature, so this is the only sport that i can really go out and compete and play without having to try to gather other people up to do it.

In My Bag: Nike SQ Dymo Str8 fit driver Nike SQ 13* 3 wood Nickent 3dx 20* hybrid Wilson Pi5 irons 3-PW Cleveland CG 12 52* Nike VR Pro Forged Wedge 56* & 60* Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II Putter

Because it's fun, social and challenging.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play golf for fun, relaxation, exercise and for the challenge.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

it's a way for me to get out some of my competitive nature (even if it's in tournaments or always against myself), meet some new people and enjoy some beautiful or not such beautiful weather while getting exercise.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Well since i am an aspiring engineer i enjoy the thought that goes into each shot. How simple things effect everything thats why i love it. I find conquering the course the most enjoyable thing.

1. My ankle.

--I play golf because I blew out my ankle to the point where I can't run anymore.  I get sprains just walking (and, so far as I can tell, for no apparent reason).  If my ankle were better, I'd be using my time to play soccer, and I would never have discovered golf.

2. The technical challenge.

--I really enjoy a technical challenge.  There are so many little things to learn and to perfect in golf that I expect to be entertained for years.

3.  The pursuit of perfection.

--Perfection is hard to come by in everyday life.  It's hard in golf too, but hitting a ball purely is about as close as I can get on a regular basis (and it doesn't happen all that often, but still...).  That, and as a relative newcomer, I can still improve my game with relatively small amounts of practice. (I haven't quite plateaued yet.)

4.  Addiction.

--I've got an addictive personality, and now that I started playing, I can't stop.  It's a problem, and it's a bit out of control.

A good friend of mine started when we were about 13 and I had to try everything he did. I eventually became hooked.  I lived in a rural area and there were not a lot of other kids around to have neighborhood basketball games etc., and I was not that athletic anyway.  I did enjoy baseball, but that is hard to play by yourself or with one or two folks. Golf was and continues to be the only game I have a true desire to play and continue to improve.

It is mentally and physically challenging.

It is mentally and physically refreshing.

It can be competitive or casual.

It is you against yourself.

You get to play and explore all this wonderful equipment stuff that goes with it!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like golf becuz

1) It isn't easy and requires work and dedication

2) Its a sport that you don't get good at in 1 or 2 years, generally

3) Regardless of how good one gets, it can still humble you at times

4) There are usually many options on how to play a shot

5) Crazy enough, I think it is relaxing

6) It can be casual or competitive. I like the competitive, love money games

Now, if one wants forgivness, go to church and if one wants easy, go snowboarding

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

I play golf for fun, relaxation, exercise and for the challenge.

From what you said I guss you must be a good player.

Originally Posted by Blades4me

I like golf becuz

1) It isn't easy and requires work and dedication

2) Its a sport that you don't get good at in 1 or 2 years, generally

3) Regardless of how good one gets, it can still humble you at times

4) There are usually many options on how to play a shot

5) Crazy enough, I think it is relaxing

6) It can be casual or competitive. I like the competitive, love money games

Now, if one wants forgivness, go to church and if one wants easy, go snowboarding

I totally agree with what you said.

I play because it is by far the most difficult sport I have ever picked up.  I played football, basketball, baseball, wrestled, and ran track and always excelled in those sports.  Im naturally athletic and can pick up any sport really easy.  I started playing volleyball about a year ago and now am playing on some very competitive teams.  I have always just been able to start playing and pick it up really quick, but for some reason I struggle with golf, its such a challenge and I am really starting to get into the competitive side of the game with club tourneys and such.

• iacas changed the title to Why Do You Play Golf?
Note: This thread is 4799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!