IGNORED

Is Tiger woods wearing a t-shirt for the Arnold Palmer invitational? (no collar)

trickymicky69
Note: This thread is 4775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Zeph

Am I the only one that is not looking at what type of collar the players wear?

Yes.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

More evidence that collars as a status of nice dress is weird. If it doesn't look like a collar but there exists meta-data surrounding it in culture that says it's acceptable, and thus it is accepted as a collar, that means the driving force is a conditioned societal preference, not an inherent good look. Those that claim that collars are inherently necessary for classy dress are wrong, it's purely cultural conditioning. A collar indicates nothing whatsoever except compliance with the norm. Which is OK, there's nothing wrong with societal norms (to an extent), but that's different from looking "scruffy" or "lazy". No collar says "I tried to look nice", a collar says "I tried to look nice in the way everyone expects". I evaluate the "nice dress" status of clothing based on how good and clean it looks, not whether there's a little extra bit of unnecessary material framing the neck. If you like the neck to be framed, that's nice, but that's different from it being an instant symbol of class. That said, I would probably not notice the collar a player is wearing until the 20th or so close-up of him. As long as it didn't look odd, I probably will probably take a while to notice anything about his clothing. [quote name="shades9323" url="/forum/thread/45058/is-tiger-woods-wearing-a-t-shirt-for-the-arnold-palmer-invitational-no-collar#post_587411"]Because spitting on the sanctity of marriage wasn't enough!<[/quote] Hehe.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Is it not bad etiquette/dress code violation?

None of the courses in my country would even let him in the clubhouse, let alone compete on the course without a collar.

IMO at the very least he should be wearing a collar (i.e polo shirt)

What's next (after spitting on the green).... a vest?

I am not a Tiger hater btw I absolutely love the guy and wish him well, especially in the masters.

Oh I'm pretty sure EVERY course in your country would let Tiger in if he showed up, even in a mockneck.

Am I the only one that is not looking at what type of collar the players wear?

Maybe you are too busy trying to figure out if they are wearing boxers or briefs?

I don't wear regular turtlenecks or mock ones. A black dickie under a thin white sweater maybe but the others. never. Bottom line is that it's not a good look on anybody. Although Jack looked pretty good.  Do I care that people wear them, no and no.  Do I look to Tiger for fashion advice. No and never. Many days he is one of the worst dressed guys on tour.

Originally Posted by johnny2balls

Many days he is one of the worst dressed guys on tour.

Really? If anything, I find his clothing to be better than most on tour. There are some that dress up in som really dreadsome stuff. Tiger get's fresh Nike apparel all the time.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really? If anything, I find his clothing to be better than most on tour. There are some that dress up in som really dreadsome stuff. Tiger get's fresh Nike apparel all the time.

Johnny is right. When Nike dresses him, he's okay, but left to his own devices he's a bit odd. He went with late 90s giant shirt and diaper pants look after most other players had moved on. Maybe he shops with Chris DiMarco? Either way I'm sruprised you even noticed.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

He used to or still does? I don't really pay all that much attention to what they wear, except Daly, Poulter, Fowler etc.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Johnny is right. When Nike dresses him, he's okay, but left to his own devices he's a bit odd. He went with late 90s giant shirt and diaper pants look after most other players had moved on. Maybe he shops with Chris DiMarco? Either way I'm sruprised you even noticed.

LMAO...perfect way to describe it...

I hate those big shirts and parachute pants

This style:

Mixed in with that follow through...LMAO

That follow through is like...wtf are you doing man?

It's the weirdest thing....showing off maybe?

I'm gonna try it next round out.....from a green side bunker shot

To the OP: get over yourself.  It's made by Nike Golf, you can find it in any golf store...

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

He's trying to keep the ball low.  What else should he do?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

He's trying to keep the ball low.  What else should he do?

LOL....seriously? You can keep the ball flight low without that sort of swing

Quote:

LOL....seriously? You can keep the ball flight low without that sort of swing

Apparently swings like that were good enough to win him the 1999 PGA Championship...

I assume that this is the shirt in question:

60380764.jpg

Which (at least to me) looks no worse than these sunglasses:

60380759.jpg

This haircut:

bayhill20_t620.jpg?fbf2daa044e08a86b24c9c38cd7501865a0e2373

Or any number of the flat brim hats that make it to the course.

Go ahead and say these things don't look as bad. Then maybe you'll realize how ridiculous you sound.

every week tiger plays they have whatever clothing he is wearing on a center display in roger dunn. the green shirt is probably $80. I don't see a problem with the shirt. I think it's cool and different.

looks to me as if tiger is just trying to keep the club head open throughout the swing to get the power fade.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ajschn06

To the OP: get over yourself.  It's made by Nike Golf, you can find it in any golf store...

You can find dog turd on the pavement but you wouldnt want to wear it

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

Note: This thread is 4775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!