IGNORED

For those who do NOT use Titleist golf balls...

Note: This thread is 4621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To say a top-flite performs the same as a Pro V1 is nothing more than slander against Titleist. For some people's games they may perform the same, but you can not compare the 2 other than to say one is half the price. To me, it is worth spending the extra cash for all around performance. Then again, if you play the same inexpensive ball constantly, it will feel better around the green for you. But let's not get crazy and say that they are both the same quality. Trust me, I really wanted to like another ball better, I tried them all and came back to the king of quality. I think Bridgestone is one of the worst balls I ever played, I am obviously in the minority on this board. Find a ball and stick with it - consistency will always help your game.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by motteler621

yea I havent played the gamer but if I was low on cash i would give them a try, seems like a good ball for the price

But I would recommend for a more tour like spin control The Bridgestone E5 golf ball! it`s under $30 Dollars!

Originally Posted by meenman

To say a top-flite performs the same as a Pro V1 is nothing more than slander against Titleist. For some people's games they may perform the same, but you can not compare the 2 other than to say one is half the price. To me, it is worth spending the extra cash for all around performance. Then again, if you play the same inexpensive ball constantly, it will feel better around the green for you. But let's not get crazy and say that they are both the same quality. Trust me, I really wanted to like another ball better, I tried them all and came back to the king of quality. I think Bridgestone is one of the worst balls I ever played, I am obviously in the minority on this board. Find a ball and stick with it - consistency will always help your game.

Your Right.... But playing with a golf Ball the will only last barely nine Holes and cost $45 Dollars a dozen? Kinda crazy? But i can see where your coming from with  the  quality Is better..... Maybe The Pro v1X last alittle longer then the Pro v1?

Originally Posted by goodguy96

Your Right.... But playing with a golf Ball the will only last barely nine Holes and cost $45 Dollars a dozen? Kinda crazy? But i can see where your coming from with  the  quality Is better..... Maybe The Pro v1X last alittle longer then the Pro v1?

I actually play the Pro V1X. The new ones I find to be a lot more durable that the regular Pro V1s (well that and I seem to slice the regular one off the tee box). Once again today I played the same Pro V1x from hole 1-18 - even when I was hoping to lose it after a run in with the cart path after I overshot a green.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The difference between the ProV1's and most other tour quality balls is simple to me......... You can find the others on sale somewhere for a steal if you look for it, but Titliest NEVER discounts the ProV. My Local Dicks is selling Cally Tour I's for buy one / get one free right now. If I ever saw that deal on ProV's, I would fill my trunk, but it just doesn't happen, so I play something else

Personally I don't feel I'm good or consistent enough to game the ProV but if money wasn't an option it would be my ball of choice. I normally buy the Bridgestone e6 because of my inconsistencies off the tee and the durability of the cover. But this past weekend I played in our clubs quota tournament with an older sleeve of ProVIx 392's which my father gave me out of his bag, I have to say you can clearly tell a difference in the spin on approach and chip shots. A few of my chips would not release so if I was to play this ball I would need to change my short game strategy but off the tee I was getting a ton of roll on my drives.

Is it worth the additional $20, that's hard to say but I did shoot my best round of the year, 86. I only lost one ball both days but destroyed 3 off of the tree's and 1 to the cart path. These were the older ProV's so I am interested in trying out the free box of new ProV's we won during the tournament and seeing if they hold up.

One of the other guys we were playing with kept switching back and forth between the Penta and ProV, he thought he was getting more distance out of the Penta but the ball was not holding the green as well. So I think this will all come down to resources available and personal feel, I plan to continue to use the e6 until I am consistently in the low 80's and keep saving that extra money to put towards lessons.

Ive always played the NXT tour. 29.99 dozen. I went into Dicks Sporting Goods and talked to the guy and have started playing TaylorMade Burner TP's they are 2 for 35 and feel exactly the same. Best deal around.

Originally Posted by CincyCreech

Ive always played the NXT tour. 29.99 dozen. I went into Dicks Sporting Goods and talked to the guy and have started playing TaylorMade Burner TP's they are 2 for 35 and feel exactly the same. Best deal around.

You've always played the NXT tour? Since you started? Good job on the index for a relatively new player!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Never really tried Titlist.  When my Dad was still sponsored he never got Titlist, so I refrain from using their stuff.  In the early 2000's I played TaylorMades, and now I play Nike's.  Got to admit, at first I was against using anything Nike for golf.  But now everything I use is Nike, and that's just because I truly believe that it is the best stuff out there.

Originally Posted by warfelg

Never really tried Titlist.  When my Dad was still sponsored he never got Titlist, so I refrain from using their stuff.  In the early 2000's I played TaylorMades, and now I play Nike's.  Got to admit, at first I was against using anything Nike for golf.  But now everything I use is Nike, and that's just because I truly believe that it is the best stuff out there.

Your spelling of Acushnet's flagship brand says a lot about your ability to assess quality golf equipment.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Quote:
Your spelling of Acushnet's flagship brand says a lot about your ability to assess quality golf equipment.

Its the damn auto correct on my iPad....sometimes I really hate this thing.  Then again it is awesome for all the apps to use at the range.

Originally Posted by warfelg

Its the damn auto correct on my iPad....sometimes I really hate this thing.  Then again it is awesome for all the apps to use at the range.

It seriously corrected it to that? Is that a website or something? I wonder if there's a website with a gallery of Giga Golf pictures (a giga gallery if you will).

Quote:

It seriously corrected it to that? Is that a website or something? I wonder if there's a website with a gallery of Giga Golf pictures (a giga gallery if you will).

That's the name of a company I applied to for a job so it was the closest spelling it could find.

Anyways does anyone know how well the new Nike 20XI's hold up over time, I'm tired of using a new Nike One just about every round.  Its getting too expensive for a poor student.

I have 4 little mesh bags that carry the 4 balls I use.

Bag 1 and 2 are my Value balls. I don't care much if i lose them

Bag 3 and 4 are my gamer balls. I use them when I'm playing to score.

Bag 1 contains Slazinger Pure Distance Balls - These babies are LONGGGG... they have low spin and dont get up too too high however they are hard as a rock and stop for no grooves. They really are noticeably longer than any other distance ball Ive hit and you can get their X-Outs for about 50 cents a ball. If you can get them to stay on a green... they also putt quite nicely off my insert putter. I don't use these often but on windy days when I want lower shots with some roll Ill game em. These are also my throw aways, I use them during practice rounds On shots that I know have a high probability of getting lost or wet.

Bag 2 Contains Wilson Smart Core Balls - These balls are long and soft but don't spin a lot. Which is to say they play well when you have a lot of green but are hard to stop. I use them quite a bit they are a very good value ball when I dont want to tear up my more expensive balls. They allow great distance off the tee and when you have short approach shots that you can control well they play nice into the green. Out of less then perfect lies they carry well but don't stop for anything.

Bag 3 Contains Taylormade Burners - I use the ones that claim extra distance on off center hits. These balls are my carry balls. They stay in the air a long time and don't roll on low shots and they get a very good backspin on shorter full swings. Around the green they are nice and soft and they don't get too torn up easily. These are really my preferred ball cant pin a single reason why I guess they just fit me.

Bag 4 Contains Callaway Tour i(z) - This ball I like but the only real reason I have them is because I bought them by accident. Bought a 24 pack of the Wilson balls and got home to discover that someone had swapped all 24 for Callaway Tour i(z) balls.... They are nice but I still lose a ball or two per 18 and I wont play something this expensive usually.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

I play Srixon, one for the money and two because I have been impressed with their pro staff that uses them lately.  It seems that every shmo on the street is walking around in a Titleist hat and they play Titleist balls because their slogan is "The #1 Ball in Golf."  I'm not saying they are bad, but I have found that I really like Srixon.  I guess I don't like to follow the crowd all that much.

Originally Posted by Beau F

I play Srixon, one for the money and two because I have been impressed with their pro staff that uses them lately.  It seems that every shmo on the street is walking around in a Titleist hat and they play Titleist balls because their slogan is "The #1 Ball in Golf."  I'm not saying they are bad, but I have found that I really like Srixon.  I guess I don't like to follow the crowd all that much.

One of your reasons for playing Srixon is the success their staff professionals are having. So you don't like to follow the crowd all that much, but just enough to justify your choice to not buy the more expensive Titleists?!?

I admit to playing Top Flite Gamer V2s mainly for 3 reasons. 1.) a lot of guys in my index range (6-14) say they're a decent ball for the money 2.) after trying them, and having experience with Top Flite Gamer V1 (so close to being really good), I agreed with the general consensus, and 3.) a thick black strip drawn on any version of "Top Flite" results in the safest ball to hit onto an adjacent fairway. They never get pocketed. Ever.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

One of your reasons for playing Srixon is the success their staff professionals are having. So you don't like to follow the crowd all that much, but just enough to justify your choice to not buy the more expensive Titleists?!?

I say following the crowd because around where I play, everyone plays a Titleist.  That is the crowd I was referring too.  Also I if you look at my signature you'll see that I play the cheaper Srixon balls.  I'm sorry if I struck a nerve with you, I mean no disrespect.

Note: This thread is 4621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!