IGNORED

If Price Were No Object...

pueblo
Note:Β This thread is 4717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I'm a member of the, "It's not the arrows, it's the Indian." category.Β  Suffice to say, if I had to rely on my "arrows" to hunt for food, I would beΒ a vegetarian.

:titleist:Β :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Originally Posted by pueblo

WhichΒ brand of irons would you play and why?

Whichever brand I played best, regardless of how expensive or how inexpensive they were.Β  High dollar doesn't always mean they are the best fit forΒ anyones game.

i saw a japanese businessman practicing after a lesson at the range where i go, and he had a full set of maruman clubs(over 10k for a full set) sitting inside a louis vuitton golf bag. he proceeds to slip off his prada loafers and steps into some what i can only assume equally expensive golf shoes. he picks up a short iron and can't hit it straight to save his life. so he tries the driver, and the long irons. after i hit about a bucket he's still there slapping away with his 10,000 dollar clubs. i had a chuckle.

Miura baby blades. Tried a ton of clubs, Scratch included, and these are easily the best of the bunch.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB ProΒ | Miura 1957 Irons | YururiΒ Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat |Β TaylorMadeΒ Penta

Originally Posted by rebby

Miura baby blades. Tried a ton of clubs, Scratch included, and these are easily the best of the bunch.

If I only had the game for those! Tried the MC-102s, which are more in my ability ballpark, but ultimately preferred the lower offset of the Wishon 560MCs and felt their feel was very close to the Miuras.

I would like to try the new Miura hybrids.

hb3-001-564x434.jpg

hb4-004-564x434.jpg

mghybrid001.jpg

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

If I only had the game for those! Tried the MC-102s, which are more in my ability ballpark, but ultimately preferred the lower offset of the Wishon 560MCs and felt their feel was very close to the Miuras.

I would like to try the new Miura hybrids.

Adopts a blade like face design . . . much like a Smart Car has adopted a Mercedes C63 like four tires on the ground and powered by some type of engine design.

• Upvote 2

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Don't you want a "strong & ideal trajectory", Miller? What are you, some kind of communist?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

If I only had the game for those!

You might be surprised. The baby blades are not near as difficult to game as they look.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB ProΒ | Miura 1957 Irons | YururiΒ Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat |Β TaylorMadeΒ Penta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stretch

If I only had the game for those!

You might be surprised. The baby blades are not near as difficult to game as they look.

It's a tradeoff with short headed blades. For every full shot that's harder there's a specialty shot that's made easier.

How do the Miuras "feel" on the blades scale? I mean are they consistent like an early 90s Mizuno or are they okay then occasionally a religious experience like mid to late 1980s Hogans? Just curious.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It's a tradeoff with short headed blades. For every full shot that's harder there's a specialty shot that's made easier.

How do the Miuras "feel" on the blades scale? I mean are they consistent like an early 90s Mizuno or are they okay then occasionally a religious experience like mid to late 1980s Hogans? Just curious.

I like a soft feeling blade and the Miura's defiantly deliver on that aspect. They are very smooth, almost no "click" whatsoever. I haven't hit the old Hogans in quite a number of years so I can't really comment on that front but I would say that Miura is somewhat of a "religious" experience. They have a very smooth feel unlike any other club I've hit in the past. The feel of a Miura is a very hard thing to describe, if you haven't tried them you really owe it to yourself to find one that you take a few swings with.

• 4 weeks later...

If money was no object, I'd probably stick with the same irons I currently have (Snake Eyes Viper MS).Β  Additionally, I'd join the local country club and never leave the course until I hit single digits.Β  It's got a restaurant (food), pro shop (clothing), and locker room (shelter/hygiene), so when I say I wouldn't leave, I mean it, lol.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Β 

Β 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I like a soft feeling blade and the Miura's defiantly deliver on that aspect. They are very smooth, almost no "click" whatsoever. I haven't hit the old Hogans in quite a number of years so I can't really comment on that front but I would say that Miura is somewhat of a "religious" experience. They have a very smooth feel unlike any other club I've hit in the past. The feel of a Miura is a very hard thing to describe, if you haven't tried them you really owe it to yourself to find one that you take a few swings with.

They definitely sound like they're more toward the 90s Mizunos end of scale (other end of the scale being 1940s era Spalding Kro Flite paper thin stainless steel blades with rock hard original leather grips). Good luck selling your Tournament blades - they look mint.

I'd keep the X20 Tours. As for wedges, I'd test a bunch of them and then determine my ideal mix.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

I don't think I would change. I hit my irons with about 10 yards of lee-way as it is, so I'm comfortable where I'm at.

2013 Goal:

Β 

Single digit handicap

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

i saw a japanese businessman practicing after a lesson at the range where i go, and he had a full set of maruman clubs(over 10k for a full set) sitting inside a louis vuitton golf bag. he proceeds to slip off his prada loafers and steps into some what i can only assume equally expensive golf shoes. he picks up a short iron and can't hit it straight to save his life. so he tries the driver, and the long irons. after i hit about a bucket he's still there slapping away with his 10,000 dollar clubs. i had a chuckle.

Always makes me chuckle on the inside when guys have $4k in clubs that they can't hit.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g FubukiΒ stiff | 3wood: 15*Β R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid:Β 19* LynxΒ Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW),Β 5.5x flightedΒ |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07Β Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter:Β Pixl L1.8, 33.5"Β | Balls:Β Pro V1xΒ |

Originally Posted by Whiskey84

Always makes me chuckle on the inside when guys have $4k in clubs that they can't hit.

They don't have to be that expensive. Yesterday I used the range at a pro shop I drove to and the guy next to me was deafening everyone with his R11 driver. The funny thing is he was hitting it the same distance as I was hitting my 6 iron as we were both driving the ball into the same tree on the range, right down the middle ( http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=51.335217,-0.445606&spn;=0.002661,0.008256&t;=h&z;=18 ). To clarify I'm FAR from a long hitter so that would have been going about 150ish on first bounce.

For my personal club selection I'd clearly want to try them out first but in terms of lickability (correct spelling for the thought I have about them! lol) I'd go for:

- Driver = Miura Precious

- Woods = Miura Precious

- Rescue = Miura HB3 (prefer this to the Precious)

- Irons = Miura CB-501's

- Wedges = Miura K-Grind

- Putter = Edel Basic

- Bodyguard to look after the clubs

Oh and Hayden Panettiere to "caddy" for me...

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

Note:Β This thread is 4717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!