IGNORED

Your Home Course Website.

Hogan Fan
Note: This thread is 3583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bethpage Long Island. Everyone talks about the Black, but the Red and other three courses are just spectacular.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/golf/info.asp?golfID=12

Also I have Eisenhower Park, which has three nice courses. 8 Muni courses within 5 minutes of my house. You just can't get any luckier than that.

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agenci...lf/18hole.html

www.PurdueGolf.com

I suppose you can call it a home course. I have played Ackerman Hills 3 of my 6 total golf rounds since I picked up the game 2 months ago. Have yet to play the Pete Dye designed Kampen course, but will soon. Kampen hosted the Men's NCAA championship in 2008.

http://www.eagletracegolfclub.com/ Great course when it's in good condition. I play here every weekday during the summer and it is my handicap home course. I hate the aqua driving range though so I use this http://www.thebroadlandsgc.com/lands...=125&page;=1996 practice facility and I also play there every now and again.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

Here is my home course, (north of Denver, CO) not even a block away from my house. Played there yesterday. Here's some pics too!

The Heritage at Westmoor
http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/230.htm

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Note: This thread is 3583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • My goals this year are really not much different than last year. I am a little late but here they are:  1. Ball speed consistently 150+ 2. Handicap to 3  3. Scrambling at 50% or better  4. Compete in events  Coming off an injury and then rehabbing the speed training had to be put on the back burner. Ball speed last week was averaging 147 so close but not quite there. My handicap at my club when I joined was 4.2, went up to 6 and is currently at 3.9 from the Men's tees. I did hang out with 2 ex Korn Ferry guys at my club and got some great short game help really controlling low point. Scrambling is just over 40% and climbing. It is something I am really working on. I have been competing more and made the qualifier for our club championship (last place qualified by shooting 81 with a quadruple bogey on the 6th hole). I went to 18 against a former club champ and lost 1 down on 18.  I got skunked at the Member Guest championship flight but won the championship flight in our Member Member (got knocked out in finals). The progress is there, and now that I retired and am consulting on my own, I do have more time to practice and play. 
    • Day 13 (14 May 24) - Did the monthly play nine while walking round today.  Even with gusty winds, drizzly conditions I had a blast taking a walk to enjoy the round.  Played the DCI 962 irons as I have not played them on the course this year.  I know they are late 90's technology, but man they hit well when struck pure.  Was a solid round as there were no dbl bogies, but five bogies.  Next goal is to complete a nine with no "sixes" on the card.  
    • Alright Trappers, the last 2 weeks I have been making progress. It started with 15 in which I hit 8 iron from 132 (knock down into wind) to 3 feet. That only leaves the difficult #5 left to birdie. But as fate would have it I busted a drive on 17 and had 235 downwind. I hit 3H and being dry it hit the back side of the last hill and rolled onto the green (par 5). I made a 30 footer for eagle. The following week on the par 5 12, I chipped in for eagle. I still have #5 that is lingering and then I can be done with the challenge. Funny as it wasn't so difficult last year, but this year, not so much. I keep getting close and making stress free pars, so I am sure it's a matter of time! 
    • You can still find a lot of Pure grips on ebay too. @snapfadeDo you ever get blisters on the hand you do not wear a glove on from using the Pure Wrap grips? I put these on my wedges and ended up with a blister on my right thumb. Can't say for sure it was from these, but it happened at the range after I spent a lot of time hitting my wedges. I do like these grips a lot, but I think I prefer their DTX's much more. I love that extra texture.
    • Reporting back after returning from the range. Ended up hitting a large bucket of balls. First off, I love the irons, definitely hitting them better than the blades I was playing. I ran the drill above a bit and that was helping me out with my swing and staying a bit more consistent. And I easily veered off and tried to put some distance on the balls and quickly started doing everything wrong, chunking the ball, blading the ball, lifting my head etc. I don't yet have any real muscle memory built up yet so I really have to concentrate on so many things before swinging at the ball. Are my arms in the right position, is my grip right, is my stance proper, don't life your head, don't lift your head, don't lift your HEAD! Rotate inward a bit when I swing, etc. etc. etc. Fact of the matter is, I suck and need a lot of practice. What was great today though was it was the first time I've been at this range where they were allowing us to hit off the grass instead of the mats. I feel like hitting off the grass is much better practice than the mats.  When I went and got fitted recently, I came home and about a couple hours after getting home my lower back started hurting. I attributed it to not stretching before the fitting. Next day I could hardly walk. So today at the range, not 100% recovered from before, I did some stretching but now I can feel the pain in my lower back again and it's really bumming me out cause I have a tee time on Thursday which I am very excited about. I also let my poor performance at the range get to me a bit, bumming me out. Didn't really leave the range very happy for these reasons. I'm not sure what the common range balls most places use, I noticed these were some Srixons but I didn't check the model. They just feel and sound terrible, maybe it's just me but I feel like they were a lot more difficult to get feedback from because of the feel and sound. Short chipping in my backyard with better balls, they felt and sounded amazing off the club. I kept checking the marks on my irons where I was hitting the balls and 9 out of 10 were on the toe end. Not drastic, but enough to where I am not hitting the sweet spot. Definitely something I need to work on. I tried multiple things, choking up on the club, holding back farther, standing closer, positioning my club further forward etc. Anything I seemed to try ended the same, hitting toward the toe. Below is a pic of the 7 iron which I had never hit with before today at the range. So all marks on it are from today. Also the distance difference between my 7, 8, 9 and PW was not very drastic.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...