IGNORED

910 Fairways?

Note: This thread is 4757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm still rocking out 907 Fairways and Hybrid but have moved from Ping Drivers to a new 910D.  Anyone out there already hitting the new 910 fairway models?  I have always been skeptical about adjustable equipment (if you need to adjust the club just adjust your swing) but the 910 is an amazing piece of equipment so that idea is long gone for me.

Thanks in advance

D

What is a 907 fairway? Do you mean 906? You are missing the point about the 910 adjustability. It is to change loft and lie, not correct swing flaws.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

WOW DICK, sorry for the mistake, I'm sure you've never made one in your entire life.  Yes I meant 906 and in case you didn't read the entire thread, I know it was really long and you're used to only reading picture books, I understand the purpose behind the 910....

Now if anyone has some actual feedback on the equipment and doesn't wanna be an asshole like this guy I would really appreciate it

I see you joined today and have 8 posts.  First, let me say welcome to the site.

Now, let me also say this.  Lighten up.  If you're going to respond with an inappropriate outburst like that every time someone posts a terse response and corrects your mistake, please go away.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Overreact much?  And the fact that you think adjustable clubs mainly correct swing flaws speaks volumes.  Seriously, all he asked was if you meant 906.  Block.

Originally Posted by SwingHardGoFar

WOW DICK, sorry for the mistake, I'm sure you've never made one in your entire life.  Yes I meant 906 and in case you didn't read the entire thread, I know it was really long and you're used to only reading picture books, I understand the purpose behind the 910....

Now if anyone has some actual feedback on the equipment and doesn't wanna be an asshole like this guy I would really appreciate it

perhaps i did over react so I'll appologize, yes I did just join today, but have been reading the forum for quite some time now.  Didn't say I think adjustable clubs correct swing flaws, as a Titleist rep and teacher I understand the purpose of the SureFit technology...my statement should have read that in the past I did not like the change in technology to adjustable clubs because I felt most consumers would opt for equipment to fix their swings rather than actually fixing their swings...sorry for the confusion.

So, nonsense aside and back on topic, I have some serious Titleist hookups but don't want to be wasting the resources I have if the 906 series will perform similar to the new 910 series.  Hopefully someone in this forum has experience playing both products and can shed some light for me.

Again, sorry for the small rant, just felt my thread was being ripped on for pressing the number 7 instead of 6, I will do a better job of proofreading posts in the future

D

I'll ignore the hysterical response to my initial response. Geez...some people here think that I'm a bit "assertive" at times.............. I'll ask the obvious question: As a "Titleist teacher and rep" why don't you just hit one? Not sure why you would need the "serious Titleist contacts". The people you teach must be getting a top drawer experience......:~( I'll bet you're not prepared to identify yourself here and where these lessons take place.

Honest opinion?  yes you are a bit "assertive"

Sure I'll let you know where, Fairways Of Woodside Golf Course, Sussex, WI - Assistant Pro/Golf Shop Manager, I charge a very reasonable $35/hr in case your interested in some lessons, I bet you could use em.  If not, come on by, we got a money game every Tuesday I'll gladly take whatever you got.

I'll repeat, as I do have Titleist connects I don't want to waste my resources on something that won't produce any better than what the 906 series already does.  Your latest response is exactly why I reacted the way I did initially, what makes you so great buddy?  Love how you have to list an Index, teaching pros aren't allowed to carry one in this state.  Sorry for reaching out to a community of players to seek an opinion on equipment, for some reason I thought that was the purpose of this forum, if I made another mistake feel free to correct me, I'm sure you will

You say you are an assistant pro at a golf shop.  Hope you don't treat your club members in the same way.  Probably should work on some people skills if that's how you respond to a simple post.  Maybe just a bad day, giving the benefit of the doubt.

Honest opinion?  yes you are a bit "assertive"

Sure I'll let you know where, Fairways Of Woodside Golf Course, Sussex, WI - Assistant Pro/Golf Shop Manager, I charge a very reasonable $35/hr in case your interested in some lessons, I bet you could use em.  If not, come on by, we got a money game every Tuesday I'll gladly take whatever you got.

I'll repeat, as I do have Titleist connects I don't want to waste my resources on something that won't produce any better than what the 906

I notice you're being a little sketchy about your "connects".

You are clearly not a Titleist rep. Why did you lie and say you were one? If you were, you would have had the opportunity by now to test the whole 910 line.

I am pretty sure that Titleist would not be too keen on someone claiming to represent them coming across as such a jerk.

The fact that you know people who can supply Titleist doesn't make you a "rep".

If you were, you'd get some demos in and Titleist would be happy for you to promote them.

And...if you were a Titleist "rep", you'd be giving us information, so don't talk up you position too much. I hope your head pro gets a chance to see how wonderfully you are promoting his business.

BTW - I am sure that you are a better player than me - one would hope so. Anyway, I hope you are good at selling Mars Bars and Powerade, becuase you sure as hell aren't going anywhere soon as a teacher, given that you need to have decent communication skills.

You can rant as much as you like and behave as if you are a humble golfer reaching out to like-minded souls in a spirit of friendship, but that is pretty obviously not the case.

You're a typical pratt who wants to talk up his "game" and take offence when a simple question is asked.

Michael Toebes would probably be interested in your online activities too.

I just can't imagine a Titleist rep and teacher to behave the way the OP is ...... gee what a jerk .......

If he was a Titleist rep the trunk of his car would be filled with all 910 Drivers, Fairways and Hybrids, or at least he would have a few demo's of each.

Okay he is no rep - for sure !

Now he is a ass. Pro - and a shop manager ......... I am a shop manager too (no not a golf shop manager) and I can be assertive too, but this guy breaks all rules of decent communication ......

He is a fake anyway ...... in the post on Combo Irons he says ......

Originally Posted by SwingHardGoFar

I'm on my third set of the original Nike Pro Combo's and for years have been wondering why other companies don't offer these sets.  I will never go back to a standard set, someday I will have to upgrade to the "new" (they're the same as mine just a new paint scheme) Pro Combo's simply because brand new sets of the older ones are becoming harder and harder to find

So a Titleist rep, playing Nike ...... yes sure !

To me ...... joined yesterday - banned today ! - We can do without SwingHardGoFar !

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by Gerald

So a Titleist rep, playing Nike ...... yes sure !

I think he means that his pro shop sells Titleist, but even that is clearly wrong, because, as I said if it did, they'd have access to pre release information, not to mention demo clubs.

He also says "I" when he means the head pro. Then he talks about his "serious connects" that he doesn't want to use up.  That's not the way business is done.  Titleist would love to help him out, if indeed they were reps.

Seems that the tranquil sounding "Fairways of Woodside" are very fortunate to have such a passionate shop assistant.

Anyway - I'm over it. I think we uncovered some deep seated "issues" very early on in the piece with this guy.

I'll leave this thread now and leave him to his "money games" and fantasies.

good work "Shorty" you looked up our website and found the owner's name, great research.  Yes, I do have access to pre release information, but actual consumer knowledge is worth ten times more than the Titleist company line.  Of course they will tell their people they sell the best of the best and you should buy nothing else.

Yes, I do play Nike Irons, always have, probably always will.  That MUST mean that there is no way I would represent, sell, and promote Titleist equipment right?  It's lovely how all of you are on such a high horse and that some one like "Shorty" can respond with such a "better than you" attitude to people and the rest fall in line because he is one of your "forum leaders".  No Shorty Titleist does not just throw equipment at any rep that asks for it, just like you won't find any Ping Shops around.  Five, Six years ago maybe but things in the industry have changed...I didn't expect you to know this with your current position as a WalMart greeter but I also didn't expect this to go so far.  Don't ban me, I'll gladly leave, don't need to be associated with someone as cocky and brash as this "Shorty" guy.  Oh and Gerald, you're not the Dos Equis Man so stop trying to look like him

Enjoy

good work "Shorty" you looked up our website and found the owner's name, great research.  Yes, I do have access to pre release information, but actual consumer knowledge is worth ten times more than the Titleist company line.  Of course they will tell their people they sell the best of the best and you should buy nothing else.

Yes, I do play Nike Irons, always have, probably always will.  That MUST mean that there is no way I would represent, sell, and promote Titleist equipment right?  It's lovely how all of you are on such a high horse and that some one like "Shorty" can respond with such a "better than you" attitude to people and the rest fall in line because he is one of your "forum leaders".  No Shorty Titleist does not just throw equipment at any rep that asks for it, just like you won't find any Ping Shops around.  Five, Six years ago maybe but things in the industry have changed...I didn't expect you to know this with your current position as a WalMart greeter but I also didn't expect this to go so far.  Don't ban me, I'll gladly leave, don't need to be associated with someone as cocky and brash as this "Shorty" guy.  Oh and Gerald, you're not the Dos Equis Man so stop trying to look like him

Enjoy

Man, how is it you come to insult people so easily?  I'm sure you have something valid to offer here (at least I would hope, as you are an assistant pro, after all), but it's all going to get obscured by your nasty responses.

Just because I am curious, when you say you are a Titleist rep, does that mean you work for them part-time, such as at demo days?  Or does it mean that your course has an agreement to sell Titleist equipment there?  I know teaching pros who get Titleist or Callaway equipment to play, or to buy at a good price, merely because they are employed by a course or a golf management company that has a deal with them.  Is that your situation?

Anyway, hope you stick around, but with a little bit more maturity.  I kind of like the Dos Equis guy. After all, he is the most interesting man in the world.

Someone mentioned mark up and they were dead nuts, right on, perfect. I'm the Assistant Pro/Golf Shop Manager at a course here in WI. All of the major companies offer "exclusive" contracts to golf shops. Because it's my choice and I have excellent taste, our course is Titleist exclusive for balls and equipment, Adidas exclusive for all apparel. Here are some of my prices on Titleist models and I'll let you compare them for yourself.

Stock Cameron Putters - $105, (limited editions carry higher prices)

910 Drivers - $120

AP2 710 3-PW - $450

Vokey Wedges - $45

Dozen ProV1 Personalized - $23.50

Here you say it's your choice and you have excellent taste, yet you play Nike irons, am I the only one that sees that as a contradiction?

I'm sure your Pro shop and Titleist will appreciate you publishing your costs on equipment as well.  If I was your manager or your Titleist rep you'd be fired for that alone, no less your poor attitude in a public forum.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Time to step in. SHGF, if you can't grow up in a hurry, you're going to find yourself unwelcome here.

I too find it unusual that you have to ask the things you ask, and don't know the types of things you clearly don't know, yet you're a "rep" of even some variety.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!