IGNORED

The 2011 Players

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who's your pick?

Tiger shot a nice 42 on the front then withdrew from the tournament. He was my pick until I got to work this morning and saw that...so, I'm changing my pick to Kaymer

My three favorites are Luke Donald, Matt Kuchar, and Hunter Mahan (all hyper-consistent players from tee-to-green in great form right now), but my dark horse is Brian Gay, who's leading the tour this year in driving accuracy and scrambling (the qualities that led Tim Clark to victory last year.)

Early in the first round, Kuchar stands at 4-under, and Donald and Gay are both 2-under; Mahan tees off in the afternoon.

Shot Tracker.jpg

Ben Crane's 17th hole of the first round, via Shot Tracker.

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Sergio's having a stinker too after having a pair of doubles in 3 holes....

Sergio can be forgiven, though, for golf to be well down on his priorities list this week.

Sergio can be forgiven, though, for golf to be well down on his priorities list this week.

What happened with Sergio? Did I miss vital gossip?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Ben Crane's 17th hole of the first round, via Shot Tracker.

huh...did he mean to do that?  did he hit it thin?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

huh...did he mean to do that?  did he hit it thin?

Apparently, Ben's tee shot hit the wooden bulkhead at the back of the green on the fly, and the ball caromed over the water and into the spectator mounding. His pitch from there hit the bulkhead again (this time, short), and bounced through to the front fringe. Two putts for a bogey.

In fact, you can go to the Live@17 streaming coverage at the PGA Tour's website to see it for yourself. Crane's group plays 17 around 1:45 into the webcast.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Who's your pick?

Tiger shot a nice 42 on the front then withdrew from the tournament. He was my pick until I got to work this morning and saw that...so, I'm changing my pick to Kaymer

I'll go with Bubba Watson.....oh wait. 76 today. Guess his homemade swing was out of sync today. I'll pick Watney.

Originally Posted by henniebogan1966

76 for his first round. Not a good start. His homemade swing must have been out of sync today.

A lot of people are saying Tiger seems lost and that Tiger's path with Foley specifically is misguided.

What is it about Bubba's Watson's comments in particular that push your buttons? Is it because he's the first recent and multiple PGA Tour winner to speak on the topic?

Bubba is on record as saying Sawgrass doesn't suit his eye. I think he has missed the cut 3 or 4 times there. He dislikes the look so much he didn't play practice rounds there for the tourney this year.

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!