IGNORED

My (free) Advice to Tiger

GolfBookie
Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's my free advice to Tiger; I hope he will take it.

1) Drop Foley. It obviously isn't working .

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

4) Find a coach that teaches that swing.

5) Trust in your inherent athletic ability to learn that swing.

6) Go forth and Play The Game.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

1) Drop Foley. It obviously isn't working.

He struck the ball incredibly well all week at Augusta. He struck the long clubs and the driver pretty well on Saturday and Sunday. How long do you think he needs? He got 18 months with Harmon and Haney. You do realize he shot 42 with an injury, right?

Originally Posted by GolfBookie

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

Okay...

Quote:

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

Not really gonna work. Who's going to tell you? Do you know their physiques and any injuries they had as kids? Etc.

And you do know it was the jacked up swing he took from under the tree on the 17th at Augusta that hurt him, right?

6) Go forth and Play The Game.

Tiger has to understand his swing before he can go play with it. He's in the middle of making changes. Maybe more like 3/4 of the way to the end.

I do think he should play more... once he's no longer injured.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL

Just what Tiger needs, advice from a guy with a 12.something index.  I'm sure he'll jump all over this.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

3) Research players, both past and present, that use a swing that creates the least amount of stress on the left leg and knee.

extended entry

1) his swing looks better than ever to me
2) that is none of either of our business
3) his current swing seems to put the least amount of rotational stress on his knee than any previous swing especially the butch swing with the closed face etc..
4) he's with one of the best coaches in the business and making the correct changes in tigers opinion and mine.  The only two players i've heard criticize his action are rocco (a jimmy ballard fruit cake) and chamblee (douche)
5) he is and does
6) he would if he could

Bag:
Driver and 3-wood: Titleist 910D3 9.5* + 910Df 15* w/ Aldila RIP 80 X flex
2-iron: King Cobra II Forged DG-x100

3-Hybrid: 20* Adams 9031DF DG-x100
4-9 irons: Bridgestone Tour Premium DG-s400
Wedges: Vokey 200 series: 48, 54, 60 DG-s400
Putter: original Cameron Newport gunmetal blue

2) Relax and enjoy your life for awhile. Read the Dalai Lama. Spend more time with your kids.

extended entry

You should try watching golf sometime.

The advice is worth what you're charging for it.....nothing.

extended entry

Joe Paradiso

I don't buy the idea that it takes a pro a year or more to learn a new swing........if his leg is as bad as it seems, I think he should learn a modified "arms only" swing.

I tried getting paid for my advice, but no takers!

Arms only? And hit it 80 yards per shot?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I have the curious suspcion the OP is sitting somewhere at that table...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

He should just quit. Get a handicap and join his local club

Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

I don't buy the idea that you have to be a scratch player to know something about a golf swing or to maybe see things from a different perspective and have a few good ideas about both golf and life.  Knowing how to and being physically able are two very different things.  Tiger was born with physical skills most of us will never achieve if we began golf practice 5 minutes out of the womb.  As to how he manages his life, it is his business, but that isn't to say maybe some folks that have lived through similar experienced don't have some cogent advice for Tiger.

Originally Posted by turtleback

LOL

Just what Tiger needs, advice from a guy with a 12.something index.  I'm sure he'll jump all over this.

Butch

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I don't buy the idea that you have to be a scratch player to know something about a golf swing or to maybe see things from a different perspective and have a few good ideas about both golf and life.  Knowing how to and being physically able are two very different things.  Tiger was born with physical skills most of us will never achieve if we began golf practice 5 minutes out of the womb.  As to how he manages his life, it is his business, but that isn't to say maybe some folks that have lived through similar experienced don't have some cogent advice for Tiger.

It's true you don't need to be a scratch player to know about the swing or give advice. Someone could have once been a scratch player and got injured and gave up the game for a while and then ended up being a 12 handicap when they came back. Fair enough. I'm guessing that more of than not, this isn't the case. If someone knows a lot about the swing, they'll usually be able to translate that into their own game. If you're an expert on the swing and still shooting 90, you don't know as much as you (not you, but people in general) think about the swing.

I just think Tiger needs to lighten up a bit on every level and things will come together for him.

The more you fight the press, the more they come at you.

The more frustration after a bad shot, the more chance it will happen again.

I can't tell you what his swing is doing and I'm not saying he needs to laugh everything off but I do feel he can avoid a lot of drama and improve his game by lightening up.

2 cents please...

Originally Posted by deronsizemore

It's true you don't need to be a scratch player to know about the swing or give advice. Someone could have once been a scratch player and got injured and gave up the game for a while and then ended up being a 12 handicap when they came back. Fair enough. I'm guessing that more of than not, this isn't the case. If someone knows a lot about the swing, they'll usually be able to translate that into their own game. If you're an expert on the swing and still shooting 90, you don't know as much as you (not you, but people in general) think about the swing.

Knowing what to do and doing it are very different things

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

It has to be tough for Tiger, he's lost everything to some level that's been important to him;

• Lost his wife and custody of his kids
  • Lost his father
  • Lost a lot of money (divorce, lost endorsement deals, lost tournament winnings, etc)
  • Lost the public image that he and his PR people created and resulted in his huge popularity, admitted sex addict.
  • Lost his ability to dominate in a sport that he had been for years
  • Lost his health and ability to depend on superior athleticism to get him through tough matches.

That's a lot to lose in such a short period of time to a guy who doesn't appear to have much of a support system in place.   I don't pretend to know what he's going through or how he's dealing with it, but any one of those on the list could destroy a persons career, no less all of them.

Originally Posted by BrushCaddy

I just think Tiger needs to lighten up a bit on every level and things will come together for him.

The more you fight the press, the more they come at you.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Knowing what to do and doing it are very different things

I realize that. It's just that in my 24 years of playing this game at a fairly high level, I've yet to run into someone who knows what to do in the swing yet can't reproduce it in their own swing. That's just my experience though. Maybe that's way off base.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

It has to be tough for Tiger, he's lost everything to some level that's been important to him;

Lost his wife and custody of his kids

Lost his father

Lost a lot of money (divorce, lost endorsement deals, lost tournament winnings, etc)

Lost the public image that he and his PR people created and resulted in his huge popularity, admitted sex addict.

Lost his ability to dominate in a sport that he had been for years

Lost his health and ability to depend on superior athleticism to get him through tough matches.

That's a lot to lose in such a short period of time to a guy who doesn't appear to have much of a support system in place.   I don't pretend to know what he's going through or how he's dealing with it, but any one of those on the list could destroy a persons career, no less all of them.

Very true. I guess my advice is easier said then done...

Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!