Sign in to follow this  
xxsoultonesxx

Picks for US Open at Congressional?

Note: This thread is 3416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

79 posts / 4482 viewsLast Reply

Originally Posted by SiamGolfer

With the greens running at 14.5ft on the Stimpmeter, Stricker (and Donald) should benefit.

I have money on Lee Westwood (long and generally straight from the tee), Luke Donald, Hunter Mahan, KJ Choi and

Dustin Johnson (my pick for the outright win).

I did, however, place some outside money on Sergio Garcia and Adam Scott (70/1) due the to the the caddy change (!)

I put some $$ on Scott to win too, although I only got 50/1, gah!

I saw him at 50/1, but when I went to my local bookies to place the bet, it came back 70/1

Originally Posted by k14

I put some $$ on Scott to win too, although I only got 50/1, gah!

Gut feeling is winner will be from the US of A. I called a non US winner for the Masters this year so I'm 1 for 1 yeah me :-) Go Old Glory!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

World Number 1 Luke Donald has just birdied his first 3 holes and is winning. He is at -72 pace if he keeps this up

Edit: Never mind. Got some wrong information about his 3rd hole

Why not? Bubba's proven now that he can close the deal and win on the PGA Tour. I think he's definitely a major threat to win this week, or any week now on Tour. With how long he hits it and how good of a putter he is, there's no reason why he can't win a major...

Sure he could, I just didn't think he [i]would[/i]. There's a lot of hungry players, so consistency is key if you're going to lead all of them on a hard course for four day. As evidence, the leaderboard is mostly topped right now with consistent players and Phil and Bubba are teeing off in the wee hours on Sunday. But yes, Bubba has as good chance at a major in the next couple years.

Note: This thread is 3416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!