IGNORED

Rotary Swing Golf

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nobody knows what youre talking about or who you are talking to. You are making Rotary Swing look bad by posting your rude nonsense.[quote name="Dean Greene" url="/t/47209/rotary-swing-golf/54#post_970738"]He does teach and it's 400 per hour. That's what happens when you know your stuff and teach guys on the PGA tour and other tours. Nothing's free dude![/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is Dean Greene an 8 year old? Or does he simply have a very poor command of the English language?

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I have no idea what is happening right now.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Is that Canadian or US?

@Mwferguson I'm glad Rotary works for you. Done properly, that swing produces all 5 Simple Keys®.

I am a self admitted rotary swing guy, but what I've come to realize after spending a lot of time on this forum and learning a little bit more about the 5 keys, is this (quoted).  They really are just two ways of trying to get you to master the same few fundamental ideas and moves.  I find it super beneficial to pull pieces from both and use what works for, wait for it.... YOU.

• Administrator

I am a self admitted rotary swing guy, but what I've come to realize after spending a lot of time on this forum and learning a little bit more about the 5 keys, is this (quoted).  They really are just two ways of trying to get you to master the same few fundamental ideas and moves.  I find it super beneficial to pull pieces from both and use what works for, wait for it.... YOU.

I'd disagree slightly with the "feel" of that in this way: I think 5SK is a superset that includes a variety of "swing methods." Whether you're doing Rotary Swing, Moe Norman, One-Plane or Two-Plane swings, Hank Haney's preferred pattern, David Leadbetter's, Mike Austin swing, etc. - you'll achieve all 5SK. 5SK is thus the superset - every good swing pattern achieves the 5SK, and you can use any "swing method" (or mix them as necessary), and you're always working on one of the 5SK if you're doing it well and improving.

To put it another way, I could look at any good lesson and say "ah, that was a Key #4 lesson" regardless of the "instructional method" used.

But I also like some of the ideas of the Stack  & Tilt as it gets you over the ball and compress it.

What's that have to do with anything?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hey ejimsmith..no I'm not 8 years old, I teach the Rotary Swing method and my students love it.  You should get together with a certified RST instructor and maybe that 7.7 would improve. Don't be rude ..if you have nothing nice to say keep it to yourself!

Hey ejimsmith..no I'm not 8 years old, I teach the Rotary Swing method and my students love it.  You should get together with a certified RST instructor and maybe that 7.7 would improve. Don't be rude ..if you have nothing nice to say keep it to yourself!

Better keep that helmet on . . .even when you're off the bike.

I dabbled in RST for about a year. It helped my backswing but that's it. It has hurt my downswing a lot. They teach to have the shoulders square at impact an then use the arms. This just reinforced a flip for me. When my shoulders stop rotating I have no choice but to flip at the ball. Talking to Clay about this he just told me to keep doing it, the advice didn't bode well with me. This is just my experience. It's not for everyone. If it worked for me I would defend it, but it didnt.....just my experience. I'm not knocking it just telling my experience with it.

- Jered

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forum @Tryintogolow .  You are a player of few words!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I participated in the Rotary swing web site for 6 months and it helped me.  What I liked about it was that it explained every part of the swing in multiple ways with multiple drills.  Something was going to get the message through to you.  I explained their theories with the local pro I like to take lessons from and he agreed.  After I got my basic movements down I started taking lessons from him and it has been very helpful.

I see what Erik is saying that the 5 keys are "fundamental truths".  That is good, I like that.

What I will say is that unless you are young and flexible there are certain moves or positions that are difficult if not impossible.  For me I have had multiple shoulder surgeries and my hands can only get so high.  There are lots of swing theory's out there, the 5 keys transcend them all.

But at some point you have to stop making gross changes and "swing your swing".

You don't have to be young and flexible to incorporate the RST swing. If you have limitations due to surgery that's understandable. The best thing about the RST swing is that all information is answered as to the "why" . Next time you take a lesson from your golf instructor ask him "why" he wants you to do a certain move or position. When he can't give you a scientific FACT as to why, get your money back and see someone who can explain the why. You always hear "keep your stance shoulder width apart" . Really!? Ask the instructor " is my feet attached to my hips or my shoulders"? Some people have wide shoulders why others have narrow shoulders.

You don't have to be young and flexible to incorporate the RST swing. If you have limitations due to surgery that's understandable. The best thing about the RST swing is that all information is answered as to the "why" . Next time you take a lesson from your golf instructor ask him "why" he wants you to do a certain move or position. When he can't give you a scientific FACT as to why, get your money back and see someone who can explain the why. You always hear "keep your stance shoulder width apart" . Really!? Ask the instructor " is my feet attached to my hips or my shoulders"? Some people have wide shoulders why others have narrow shoulders.

I am sorry I am talking about generic movements in the golf swing not specific to RST.  My point was get the fundamentals down (the 5 keys are a good foundation) and swing your swing.

• Administrator

What do you consider the 5 fundamental keys?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!