IGNORED

FootJoy Icon wear....?

Note: This thread is 4310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guys/Gals of TST,
have any of you had any issues with your footjoy icon's wearing out WAY before they are supposed to? ie sole detaching from the leather, the 'cayman' or lizard leather 'flaking' off? i have the original box from a reputable dealer, just no reciept. i sent an email to FJ in hopes for some relief, and awaiting a response. Is FJ a good company in terms of replacing their shoes if there's a problem? I've never had a problem with their shoes so this is a first time thing for me. btw, they've been used a total of 10, yes, 10 rounds. they're my favorite pair of shoes i just can't wear them since anytime i step in water...it 'leaks' by the leather that's coming apart from the sole. anyone have opinions/experiences with FJ and their customer service? anyone have the same problems with their Icons?

Thanks in advance,

-PG from NJ

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Footjoy prominently advertises a 2-year waterproof warranty on the Icons, so I doubt you'll have any problems getting a replacement. Just keep after them.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Stretch

Footjoy prominently advertises a 2-year waterproof warranty on the Icons, so I doubt you'll have any problems getting a replacement. Just keep after them.

Ditto. I've heard of virtually everyone having good experience with customer support for issues like this.

They'll likely know that the shoes aren't old just by the model or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erik,
Think they'd just send me a new pair? would they have me send the old ones back i guess?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

The process is straightforward, and can be found either online or through the Customer Service #.  You send back the shoes in question, and they will ship back new shoes, or yours repaired.

FootJoy has excellent customer service.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

• 1 year later...

My pair had premature collapse of heel with marked pronation after only 18 months. Unfortunately i waited beyond the 2 yeaer period and have no warranty option.  My foot pronates. Where orthotics.  Heel looks to be low durabilty.  Did not expect this from premium shoe

Contacted Footjoy

The response was dissappointing

Myjoy Icon shoes 2 years old.   Look like new.  Heel collapsed on left shoe likely reflecting strain imposed by orthotic and my left foot pronation.  Makes greate shoe unusable.   Footjoy cannot repair.  Dont offer for purchase and local repair and replacement sole.  Effectively a $300 pair of shoes have to be thrown away or resoled with a generic sole.

Sad and wasteful.

Note: This thread is 4310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!