IGNORED

Birdie Ball

Note: This thread is 2859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So my uncle came home with a Birdieball this afternoon and before today, I had never heard of such a thing. I then go online and research it and heard it's a pretty sweet alternative to a plastic or foam golf ball.

I tried it out in my backyard and I must say that I was impressed. It had a nice feel off the face, doesn't go too far (about 40 yards max), and it also has a nice draw or fade ball flight (depending on what you're trying to do).

This has been the best practice aid that I've used to this date. It's funny because it doesn't even look like a ball. Any of you guys/gals tried this neat little thing yet?

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

My college golf coach utilized those things for us, when we had to practice in the field house during awful winter weather. This was a few years back, after he went to the PGA merchandise show and watched a cheap handout DVD on it's benefits. I always thought they were kind of funny. If anything, it was a good way to keep swinging, when otherwise we probably wouldn't have been. They do produce a "mini-ball-flight" for sure, which is kind of cool.

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

Oh yeah... I got a dozen last spring along with a strike pad, and I hit them in my backyard all the time when I can't make it up to the course.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Oh yeah... I got a dozen last spring along with a strike pad, and I hit them in my backyard all the time when I can't make it up to the course.

A strikepad was definitely part of the winter practice with the birdieball. I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. We used to set up a strikepad 35-40 yds from one of the basketball baskets in the gym, and try to slam dunk the birdieballs. It's actually pretty good target practice.

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

i might have to look those up,,, seem good for winter practice

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

I know you can get them on Ebay for fairly cheap. They each run about $2.99 each to a dozen or more.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

• 2 years later...

My buddy got a couple of these as the thank you gift for making a donation at one of those tents different charities set up at a tee box sometimes.  I got to use them for the first time the other day.  All I can say is wow.  They feel very much like a real ball.  It's very obvious not just if you've pulled or pushed the ball but also the shape a real ball would have, as if you, say, hit it with a fade swing, the birdie ball with tilt right and will actually fade a bit as well.  But with a 4i it only goes 50 yards (my 4i with a regular ball goes ~195). I'm buying a 12 pack and never spending money dialing in my irons at the range again!

Just thought I'd put it out there that if you've got a decent sized back yard or a good park nearby where you have only been able to practice little 1/4-1/2 wedges and little chips and whatnot, these things feel great and let you practice full swings with all your irons in the same amount of space.  I'm gonna be able to afford 1-2 more rounds a month with the money I'm going to save using these things instead of paying to go to the range!

They sell a strike mat that looks not so awesome, but I hit them off the grass and that worked great, and you could definitely hit them off any other mat to save the grass if you want.

http://www.birdieball.com/

P.S. Don't be put off by how shitty the website looks.  The product is awesome.  Oh, and just to be clear, I'm in no way affiliated with this company or anyone who works there or anything.  I'm just sharing.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a three pack of these sitting at home just waiting for me to find the time and place to use them.  My only issue is where to hit them.  I have a park right around the corner, but unless I want to practice hitting from really crappy rough situations, there is little point in me hitting off the ground there.  Plus, "no golf" is posted.  I had thought of picking up the strike matt dealy as that would allow me to argue that I wasn't doing any damage to the part if I got nabbed for it.  Unfortunately I don't have the yard for hitting even something that flies as short as these do.  Seems a very cool product though.

Interesting.  I have never heard of them until now.  I use AlmostGolf balls in my yard and they give me everything I need to practice.

http://www.almostgolfball.com/almostGOLF-Products/Golf-Mats

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

Nice TidePride. I need one of those mini mats.  How much info do you get out of those balls?  How far do they go?

One thing I really liked about the Birdie Ball was that you got a better sort of turbine sound when you really struck the ball right and the whole thing tilts one way or the other to explicitly show you the shape you gave the shot.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I've got my strike pad coming today I think. I've had the 12 pack sitting on my shelf since Christmas. The biggest challenge is finding a suitable 40 yard patch of God's good earth!

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

I've had this product for a couple of years and love it! My kids love the way they sound when they take off

I-Mix FT-9 9* 906 F2 3WD  15*

Idea Pro Black 20*  MX-300 4-GW

VR 56* & 60* Wedges  White Ice Tour Sabertooth 34"

Ozone Black Pinstripe  FJ Street 

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Kujan

I've got my strike pad coming today I think. I've had the 12 pack sitting on my shelf since Christmas. The biggest challenge is finding a suitable 40 yard patch of God's good earth!

You may need a lot more than 40 yards. And downwind they can really go, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I picked up some of theses including the mat that you hit off of. They really are so neat. I've used them plenty of times and they work wonderfully

In my lightweight bag:

Driver: FT-iq 8.5*
3 wood: FT-i 3 wood
Hybrids: Diablo Edge hybrid 3-4

Irons: Diablo Edge irons 5-PW

Wedges: 50.08, 54.08, 60.10

Putter: Scottie Cameron Kombi S

• 2 years later...
Birdie Balls, for those not familiar, are reduced flight balls. Marketed as having the feel of a real ball, with backspin and realistic flight patterns such as slicing and draws. Mine just came in the mail today, and they are great. Make an awesome sound if you hit it right. Nothing can mimic the feel of a ball off the face, but these are great to hit at the house. The maximum flight is 40 yards, although a real rip will push them a bit further. They get a lot of loft when hit correctly and come down soft. I HIGHLY recommend them.

It has been a while since I hit these but don't recall being impress...I think they were a free add-on to something I bought on ebay.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Note: This thread is 2859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!