IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just finished my round with my Ping Eye 2s. Shot a smooth 147. This game is incredibly shit smooth with Ping Eye 2s. On the range before my round people stopped and stared with amazement as I smoothly shanked 20 in a row and even killed a guy.

On the first hole I drove into the right rough. Luckily I had my trusty ping eye 2 6 iron to snap in half to relieve my frustration.

The brakes on my golf cart failed, but luckily my trusty ping eye 2 3 iron was up to the job and I managed to smoothly wedge it under the front of the cart, bending it in half and I came to a smooth stop.

On the 18th hole I was 150 out so I hit a smooth 9 iron with my trusty ping eye 2 irons and the clubhead went further than the ball for a smooth goose kill. Then I smoothly smothered a smooth PW onto the smooth green for a smooth +5 on the hole for a smooth round of terrible golf.

On the drive home I was lucky I had my Ping Eye 2s to throw out the window for no other reason than pure frustration for this thread getting my hopes up for no reason.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I am relatively late to the "spill your guts on some random webpage" game, but I must say this is freaking awesome. I've never thought about replacing g judge smails, but this will get serious consideration.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

Hehe!!
I can't except $89 as I would be ripping you off. There is no way they are as good as the one's famaousdavis picked up and I very much doubt they will make you play as good as him. I mean, the man is a legend in the golfing world. Yours for $88

Originally Posted by max power

Just letting you know ahead of time that I'm a master negotiator.  I'll give you $89.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by the19thhole

Hehe!!

I can't except $89 as I would be ripping you off. There is no way they are as good as the one's famaousdavis picked up and I very much doubt they will make you play as good as him. I mean, the man is a legend in the golfing world. Yours for $88

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I can see why you picked up the Eye 2s in the first place.

Can you imagine how far in the rear view mirror Jacks records would be if Tiger had only played Eye 2s?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

He could punch fade a PING 2 iron all over Royal St. George's on one leg and still lap the field!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I can see why you picked up the Eye 2s in the first place.

Can you imagine how far in the rear view mirror Jacks records would be if Tiger had only played Eye 2s?

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Thank you for the kind comment.

I have heard a rumour from the most reliable of sources that Nike have in fact bought the design of the Eye 2's to give to Tiger when he's recovered from injury. Although they have admitted that Sean Foley may have to pick famousdavis's brain (now there is an oxymoron) on how he does his punch fades. We shall then see Tiger obliterate Jack's record by winning every major for the next 10 years. More if he in fact sacks Foley and hires famousdavis, although this may be difficult as the latter doesn't want to give up his day job for golf.

bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Now that is priceless.....played by legends (in their own mind)!!!!

Originally Posted by the19thhole

Now that is priceless.....played by legends (in their own mind)!!!!

The photo is of the Ping Eye 2+ irons, not the Ping Eye 2 + no + that I purchased in mint condition for a song.  For those of you who don't know, the Ping Eye 2 + no + came out in 1989.  It was similar in design to the original Ping Eye 2 square groove with a few distinctions.  First, the soles of the PW, 9 iron and 8 iron were more scalloped allowing for greater shot variety.  Second, they added additional weight toward the toe, creating a perfectly balanced head designed for ultimate shotmaking and forgiveness.   The difference between the Ping Eye 2+ and the + no + is small but important to note.  The + no + model has square grooves.  This model was created while Karsten and the USGA were in battle over the square groove controversy.  Also, it's difficult to find a set of Ping Eye 2+ irons with the ZZ-Lite shaft (the gold standard in shafts).   Most Ping Eye 2+ irons can be found with the KT shaft or KT-M shaft.  Both are stiffer than the ZZ-Lite and have less playability.  I have the best version and was able to negotiate a price with the owner of the golf store.  The price I paid was probably $100 less than what an average customer would have paid.  I think the owner wanted me to have them after seeing me hit them in the simulator.  I don't think he's seen that kind of consistency since he opened.  Before I left he said "man, you sure know how to hit a golf ball".  I simply replied "the trick is not in knowing, it's in execution".  It's these little experiences that make life that much more enjoyable.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

*pic*

You, sir, win 1 internet.

We have just gone meme.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Sorry too late, you've trolled a bridge too far.  Picture wins, thread over.

Originally Posted by famousdavis

The photo is of the Ping Eye 2+ irons, not the Ping Eye 2 + no + that I purchased in mint condition for a song.  For those of you who don't know, the Ping Eye 2 + no + came out in 1989.  It was similar in design to the original Ping Eye 2 square groove with a few distinctions.  First, the soles of the PW, 9 iron and 8 iron were more scalloped allowing for greater shot variety.  Second, they added additional weight toward the toe, creating a perfectly balanced head designed for ultimate shotmaking and forgiveness.   The difference between the Ping Eye 2+ and the + no + is small but important to note.  The + no + model has square grooves.  This model was created while Karsten and the USGA were in battle over the square groove controversy.  Also, it's difficult to find a set of Ping Eye 2+ irons with the ZZ-Lite shaft (the gold standard in shafts).   Most Ping Eye 2+ irons can be found with the KT shaft or KT-M shaft.  Both are stiffer than the ZZ-Lite and have less playability.  I have the best version and was able to negotiate a price with the owner of the golf store.  The price I paid was probably $100 less than what an average customer would have paid.  I think the owner wanted me to have them after seeing me hit them in the simulator.  I don't think he's seen that kind of consistency since he opened.  Before I left he said "man, you sure know how to hit a golf ball".  I simply replied "the trick is not in knowing, it's in execution".  It's these little experiences that make life that much more enjoyable.

Legendary threads need visual aids....haha. You are welcome guys.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

You, sir, win 1 internet.

We have just gone meme.

Brandon

For you perhaps, but if you are serious I would have to say that you are the most conceited, arrogant prick that I have ever heard of. Your condescending and patronising nonsense is enough to make anyone cringe. If you truly say the things you claim to, the only reputation you would have would be of a deluded jerk who people would pay NOT to play with. You are the kind of guy who, if people saw your name down with them on the time sheet,the erasers would be out in a hurry and you would find yourself begging people to play with you. Many might do it once, but it would be their first and only time. The plus side would be that they have a lifetime's worth of stories to regale peope with in the category of "the biggest ****wit I ever met". Naturally you will respond by saying that people queue up to play with you and list the reasons why.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I just read on ESPN.COM that Ben Crane is switching to the Eye 2's and says he now no longer needs Jesus to play slowly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Didn't you say in the OP that you got them at PIAS? They have simulators there?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Didn't you say in the OP that you got them at PIAS? They have simulators there?

I'll answer that before His Ignorance has the chance to, with a big fat NO SIR. Have a great day jamo!

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Note: This thread is 1300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!