Jump to content
famousdavis

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

291 posts / 180383 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts



Originally Posted by motteler621

this is one of the weirdest threads Ive read in awhile


How's this for a statement. BIzarre.

"The pitching wedge is deadly from 70 to 110 yards"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many of these guys that think the Eye 2's are ugly, are hitting some freaky looking square-headed driver?  The Zings are very strange looking, but the Eye 2's are great.  I still carry a Ping 2-iron (I had to retire the 1-iron) and it is the best 2 I have ever hit.  I would love to find a full set for under $100, hell $200 would be a steal.

I believe several Tour players were still using them as of a couple of years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by motteler621

this is one of the weirdest threads Ive read in awhile


I was thinking the same thing. OP gushes about his man-crush on his clubs and the Ping hating begins. Is there any half-serious player out there that doesn't know all the major OEM's make quality equipment and it boils down to proper fit and taste? Sheesh, what a weird thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about Ping eye 2's makes me want to go grab my dads old set from the attic and see how I play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong.  There is something different about Ping Eye 2s that set them apart from any other iron out there.  I don't care if you spent $1,000 on a set of Titleist AP2 irons and had them fit the lie, length, loft and everything else to fit you perfectly.  In the end, the proper color Ping Eye 2 would eventually cause you to score better.  There is something about the way they designed the head that matches up perfectly with the ZZ-Lite shaft.  It has a soft feeling tip yet it delivers a penetrating trajectory in the long irons.  Just the other day I played a long, uphill 185 yard Par 4 and I hit the most beautiful Ping Eye 2 4-iron to about 2 feet.  All the other guys with the modern irons were all over the place.  Now, I realize that's just a very small sample of the people who have been suckered into buying modern equipment but I do think it's a story representative of what is happening in the modern golf world.

I'm sure some of you are interested to hear about my set.  Here it is:

Ping Eye 2 Plus (no plus) 2-SW, ZZ Light Shaft, Red Dot, Ping K grips.

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping Rapture V2 Driver with Serrano Stiff

Ping Rapture 3 Wood

Ping G10 3 wood and Hybrid

Ping Latitude Golf Back.  Black and Grey.

Ping Golf Towel

Ping i5 Divot Tool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by famousdavis

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong.  There is something different about Ping Eye 2s that set them apart from any other iron out there.  I don't care if you spent $1,000 on a set of Titleist AP2 irons and had them fit the lie, length, loft and everything else to fit you perfectly.  In the end, the proper color Ping Eye 2 would eventually cause you to score better.  There is something about the way they designed the head that matches up perfectly with the ZZ-Lite shaft.  It has a soft feeling tip yet it delivers a penetrating trajectory in the long irons.  Just the other day I played a long, uphill 185 yard Par 4 and I hit the most beautiful Ping Eye 2 4-iron to about 2 feet.  All the other guys with the modern irons were all over the place.  Now, I realize that's just a very small sample of the people who have been suckered into buying modern equipment but I do think it's a story representative of what is happening in the modern golf world.

I'm sure some of you are interested to hear about my set.  Here it is:

Ping Eye 2 Plus (no plus) 2-SW, ZZ Light Shaft, Red Dot, Ping K grips.

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping Rapture V2 Driver with Serrano Stiff

Ping Rapture 3 Wood

Ping G10 3 wood and Hybrid

Ping Latitude Golf Back.  Black and Grey.

Ping Golf Towel

Ping i5 Divot Tool



Hmmm, maybe Tiger should get a set when he returns no?

Buddy, it's not the irons, it's the person swinging them. "All the guys with modern irons" probably weren't good golfers.

We see you have a love affair with Ping, which is fine, a lot of people love a certain brand. And there's probably a guy out there somewhere who thinks his old set of Wilson Staffs are the best irons ever made and that they are extremely penetrating. It's just an opinion.

Basically, everyone will take it with a grain of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes you think you speak for everyone?  I have 25 years of golfing experience and I have tried just about every iron that has been released in the past 25 years.  Plus, I'm an excellent golfer.  I'm not trying to brag or anything but I've been between a 2 and 5 handicap for the past twenty years so it stands to reason that I know what I'm talking about.  Most of the people I play with think that I'm an excellent ballstriker.  Therefore, my opinion on the playability of any paricular iron holds more water than, say, someone who has a hard time breaking 90.  Not that there's anything wrong with being a high handicap. It's just that high handicappers in general don't know what "good feel" in an iron means.  They rarely hit the sweet spot.

Getting back to the Ping Eye 2s.  First, I am not necessarily a Ping fan.  I'm more of a Ping Eye 2 fan.  If the Ping Eye 2s never existed I would not be a Ping fan.   Understand?

Another thing we haven't discussed yet is how the Ping Eye 2 SW is the most versitile of all the SWs out there.  It's an amazing club because it's very easy to open up for a lob shot, it's the best out of the sand and it's very easy to hit a punch and run.  Frankly, I don't need to use my SW that often because my Ping Eye 2 irons are so accurate.

Everyone on this forum should give the Ping Eye 2s a try.  They just look so good in your bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by famousdavis

What makes you think you speak for everyone?  I have 25 years of golfing experience and I have tried just about every iron that has been released in the past 25 years.  Plus, I'm an excellent golfer.  I'm not trying to brag or anything but I've been between a 2 and 5 handicap for the past twenty years so it stands to reason that I know what I'm talking about.  Most of the people I play with think that I'm an excellent ballstriker.  Therefore, my opinion on the playability of any paricular iron holds more water than, say, someone who has a hard time breaking 90.  Not that there's anything wrong with being a high handicap. It's just that high handicappers in general don't know what "good feel" in an iron means.  They rarely hit the sweet spot.

Getting back to the Ping Eye 2s.  First, I am not necessarily a Ping fan.  I'm more of a Ping Eye 2 fan.  If the Ping Eye 2s never existed I would not be a Ping fan.   Understand?

Another thing we haven't discussed yet is how the Ping Eye 2 SW is the most versitile of all the SWs out there.  It's an amazing club because it's very easy to open up for a lob shot, it's the best out of the sand and it's very easy to hit a punch and run.  Frankly, I don't need to use my SW that often because my Ping Eye 2 irons are so accurate.

Everyone on this forum should give the Ping Eye 2s a try.  They just look so good in your bag.

I never said I spoke for everyone. I am saying it is all a matter of opinion.

I seriously doubt you have tried almost every type of iron out there for the last 25 years - you realize how many that is? Just because you are a low handicapper, doesn't necessarily mean you know what you're talking about. The fact you believe ping Eye 2's to be the best irons ever speak to that. It is YOUR OPINION that they are the best - not fact

How does a SW being easy to open for a lob make it the most versatile out there? There are thousands of SW's out there that can do this?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by famousdavis

Everyone on this forum should give the Ping Eye 2s a try.  They just look so good in your bag.



Not in my beautiful callaway bag they wont... the ping eye 2s are ugly as ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by famousdavis

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong.  There is something different about Ping Eye 2s that set them apart from any other iron out there.  I don't care if you spent $1,000 on a set of Titleist AP2 irons and had them fit the lie, length, loft and everything else to fit you perfectly.  In the end, the proper color Ping Eye 2 would eventually cause you to score better.  There is something about the way they designed the head that matches up perfectly with the ZZ-Lite shaft.  It has a soft feeling tip yet it delivers a penetrating trajectory in the long irons.  Just the other day I played a long, uphill 185 yard Par 4 and I hit the most beautiful Ping Eye 2 4-iron to about 2 feet.  All the other guys with the modern irons were all over the place.  Now, I realize that's just a very small sample of the people who have been suckered into buying modern equipment but I do think it's a story representative of what is happening in the modern golf world.

I'm sure some of you are interested to hear about my set.  Here it is:

Ping Eye 2 Plus (no plus) 2-SW, ZZ Light Shaft, Red Dot, Ping K grips.

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping Rapture V2 Driver with Serrano Stiff

Ping Rapture 3 Wood

Ping G10 3 wood and Hybrid

Ping Latitude Golf Back.  Black and Grey.

Ping Golf Towel

Ping i5 Divot Tool


Ok, I have just returned from the parking lot in which I have smashed every single Titleist iron that I had in the bag. Now, where do I get those irrefutably superior irons again? I mean, your a better ball striker than I am and as you clearly stated your opinion has so much more weight than mine I decided that the Ping Eye 2Plus Kool-Aid will be forevermore my beverage of choice. Thanks again and we'll see you around the compound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, I know this poster is just having fun at the expense of the other posters.  He is just throwing this out there and watching us eat it up.

2nd, the Eye2's are great clubs, in fact a classic!  I still have a BeCu set from high school and my kids can flight the pine cones they beat around in the back yard with them.

3rd, I will take my AP2's, or the set of Dunlop classics of the Wal-Mart shelf and show you it is more about the indian than the arrows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Bigtank

First off, I know this poster is just having fun at the expense of the other posters.  He is just throwing this out there and watching us eat it up.

2nd, the Eye2's are great clubs, in fact a classic!  I still have a BeCu set from high school and my kids can flight the pine cones they beat around in the back yard with them.

3rd, I will take my AP2's, or the set of Dunlop classics of the Wal-Mart shelf and show you it is more about the indian than the arrows.



Crap, now I have to head over to Golfsmith at lunch and replace my Titleist's. Boy, just when you think you have found the right cult....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Affiliates

    SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Posts

    • Good and sad tales, kind of understand that. So I left Oahu that had high concerns of controlling it to an Island that had yet to get 1 case.  All was well until Wednesday 4 popped positive, Thursday 38 and today Friday 60 something. I was tested and none in my circle including an 85 year old woman has had any issues.  So the governor/mayor answer is a lockdown. How do you lockdown an island where the population is but a postage stamp on the entire island? No worries, I plan on golfing next week. I got to log a few more birdies on the 2020 birdie challenge. Aloha, iSank
    • What's the minimum camera quality will you guys consider watching? The rear camera for my phone is 2MP and the front camera is 0.3 MP. I only have one camera and a tripod, so I can't record the side and behind at the same time. Is that OK?
    • Day 50 - Hitting more balls indoors, just trying to get used to swinging indoors. 
    • We used lugloc and used it Hawaii to Scotland, Hawaii to Sydney, to Auckland and Hawaii to Pinehurst to Alabama to Hawaii, and a few west coast trips. I think when we landed in Edinburgh it took a 1/2 hr to confirm but was able to confirm at JFK, and heathrow. I have lost clubs before on a mainland trip and love seeing that the clubs and luggage are with me.    Aloha, iSank
    • Day 124.   I spent ten minutes after work hitting 7-iron shots, off a mat, into a net, real balls, indoors.  
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Covert
      Covert
      (77 years old)
    2. Landonhux
      Landonhux
      (20 years old)
    3. opie
      opie
      (43 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...