IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by motteler621

this is one of the weirdest threads Ive read in awhile

How's this for a statement. BIzarre.

"The pitching wedge is deadly from 70 to 110 yards"

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Damned trolls.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

what the **** is going on i'm so confused lol

I like my callaways

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I don't care if these would make me a scratch golfer, they look HIDEOUS!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I wonder how many of these guys that think the Eye 2's are ugly, are hitting some freaky looking square-headed driver?  The Zings are very strange looking, but the Eye 2's are great.  I still carry a Ping 2-iron (I had to retire the 1-iron) and it is the best 2 I have ever hit.  I would love to find a full set for under $100, hell $200 would be a steal.

I believe several Tour players were still using them as of a couple of years ago.

• Upvote 1

I actually don't use a driver

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by motteler621

this is one of the weirdest threads Ive read in awhile

I was thinking the same thing. OP gushes about his man-crush on his clubs and the Ping hating begins. Is there any half-serious player out there that doesn't know all the major OEM's make quality equipment and it boils down to proper fit and taste? Sheesh, what a weird thread.

All this talk about Ping eye 2's makes me want to go grab my dads old set from the attic and see how I play.

Superfast 2.0 Driver 10.5*

Superfast 2.0 3 Wood 15*

G5 hybrid 19*

i20 4 - PW, UW, SW, LW

G2i Craz E Putter

Lot's of penetration in the first post.

I am uncomfortable

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong.  There is something different about Ping Eye 2s that set them apart from any other iron out there.  I don't care if you spent $1,000 on a set of Titleist AP2 irons and had them fit the lie, length, loft and everything else to fit you perfectly.  In the end, the proper color Ping Eye 2 would eventually cause you to score better.  There is something about the way they designed the head that matches up perfectly with the ZZ-Lite shaft.  It has a soft feeling tip yet it delivers a penetrating trajectory in the long irons.  Just the other day I played a long, uphill 185 yard Par 4 and I hit the most beautiful Ping Eye 2 4-iron to about 2 feet.  All the other guys with the modern irons were all over the place.  Now, I realize that's just a very small sample of the people who have been suckered into buying modern equipment but I do think it's a story representative of what is happening in the modern golf world.

I'm sure some of you are interested to hear about my set.  Here it is:

Ping Eye 2 Plus (no plus) 2-SW, ZZ Light Shaft, Red Dot, Ping K grips.

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping Rapture V2 Driver with Serrano Stiff

Ping Rapture 3 Wood

Ping G10 3 wood and Hybrid

Ping Latitude Golf Back.  Black and Grey.

Ping Golf Towel

Ping i5 Divot Tool

Originally Posted by famousdavis

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong.  There is something different about Ping Eye 2s that set them apart from any other iron out there.  I don't care if you spent $1,000 on a set of Titleist AP2 irons and had them fit the lie, length, loft and everything else to fit you perfectly.  In the end, the proper color Ping Eye 2 would eventually cause you to score better.  There is something about the way they designed the head that matches up perfectly with the ZZ-Lite shaft.  It has a soft feeling tip yet it delivers a penetrating trajectory in the long irons.  Just the other day I played a long, uphill 185 yard Par 4 and I hit the most beautiful Ping Eye 2 4-iron to about 2 feet.  All the other guys with the modern irons were all over the place.  Now, I realize that's just a very small sample of the people who have been suckered into buying modern equipment but I do think it's a story representative of what is happening in the modern golf world.

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping Rapture 3 Wood

Ping Golf Towel

Ping i5 Divot Tool

Hmmm, maybe Tiger should get a set when he returns no?

Buddy, it's not the irons, it's the person swinging them. "All the guys with modern irons" probably weren't good golfers.

We see you have a love affair with Ping, which is fine, a lot of people love a certain brand. And there's probably a guy out there somewhere who thinks his old set of Wilson Staffs are the best irons ever made and that they are extremely penetrating. It's just an opinion.

Basically, everyone will take it with a grain of salt.

What makes you think you speak for everyone?  I have 25 years of golfing experience and I have tried just about every iron that has been released in the past 25 years.  Plus, I'm an excellent golfer.  I'm not trying to brag or anything but I've been between a 2 and 5 handicap for the past twenty years so it stands to reason that I know what I'm talking about.  Most of the people I play with think that I'm an excellent ballstriker.  Therefore, my opinion on the playability of any paricular iron holds more water than, say, someone who has a hard time breaking 90.  Not that there's anything wrong with being a high handicap. It's just that high handicappers in general don't know what "good feel" in an iron means.  They rarely hit the sweet spot.

Getting back to the Ping Eye 2s.  First, I am not necessarily a Ping fan.  I'm more of a Ping Eye 2 fan.  If the Ping Eye 2s never existed I would not be a Ping fan.   Understand?

Another thing we haven't discussed yet is how the Ping Eye 2 SW is the most versitile of all the SWs out there.  It's an amazing club because it's very easy to open up for a lob shot, it's the best out of the sand and it's very easy to hit a punch and run.  Frankly, I don't need to use my SW that often because my Ping Eye 2 irons are so accurate.

Everyone on this forum should give the Ping Eye 2s a try.  They just look so good in your bag.

What makes you think you speak for everyone?  I have 25 years of golfing experience and I have tried just about every iron that has been released in the past 25 years.  Plus, I'm an excellent golfer.  I'm not trying to brag or anything but I've been between a 2 and 5 handicap for the past twenty years so it stands to reason that I know what I'm talking about.  Most of the people I play with think that I'm an excellent ballstriker.  Therefore, my opinion on the playability of any paricular iron holds more water than, say, someone who has a hard time breaking 90.  Not that there's anything wrong with being a high handicap. It's just that high handicappers in general don't know what "good feel" in an iron means.  They rarely hit the sweet spot.

Getting back to the Ping Eye 2s.  First, I am not necessarily a Ping fan.  I'm more of a Ping Eye 2 fan.  If the Ping Eye 2s never existed I would not be a Ping fan.   Understand?

Another thing we haven't discussed yet is how the Ping Eye 2 SW is the most versitile of all the SWs out there.  It's an amazing club because it's very easy to open up for a lob shot, it's the best out of the sand and it's very easy to hit a punch and run.  Frankly, I don't need to use my SW that often because my Ping Eye 2 irons are so accurate.

Everyone on this forum should give the Ping Eye 2s a try.  They just look so good in your bag.

I never said I spoke for everyone. I am saying it is all a matter of opinion.

I seriously doubt you have tried almost every type of iron out there for the last 25 years - you realize how many that is? Just because you are a low handicapper, doesn't necessarily mean you know what you're talking about. The fact you believe ping Eye 2's to be the best irons ever speak to that. It is YOUR OPINION that they are the best - not fact

How does a SW being easy to open for a lob make it the most versatile out there? There are thousands of SW's out there that can do this?????

Not in my beautiful callaway bag they wont... the ping eye 2s are ugly as ****

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Ping Ally 2 Putter

Ping Rapture 3 Wood

Ping Golf Towel

Ping i5 Divot Tool

Ok, I have just returned from the parking lot in which I have smashed every single Titleist iron that I had in the bag. Now, where do I get those irrefutably superior irons again? I mean, your a better ball striker than I am and as you clearly stated your opinion has so much more weight than mine I decided that the Ping Eye 2Plus Kool-Aid will be forevermore my beverage of choice. Thanks again and we'll see you around the compound.

First off, I know this poster is just having fun at the expense of the other posters.  He is just throwing this out there and watching us eat it up.

2nd, the Eye2's are great clubs, in fact a classic!  I still have a BeCu set from high school and my kids can flight the pine cones they beat around in the back yard with them.

3rd, I will take my AP2's, or the set of Dunlop classics of the Wal-Mart shelf and show you it is more about the indian than the arrows.

Originally Posted by Bigtank

First off, I know this poster is just having fun at the expense of the other posters.  He is just throwing this out there and watching us eat it up.

2nd, the Eye2's are great clubs, in fact a classic!  I still have a BeCu set from high school and my kids can flight the pine cones they beat around in the back yard with them.

3rd, I will take my AP2's, or the set of Dunlop classics of the Wal-Mart shelf and show you it is more about the indian than the arrows.

Crap, now I have to head over to Golfsmith at lunch and replace my Titleist's. Boy, just when you think you have found the right cult....

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!