IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by famousdavis

In general I would agree with you.  However, when it comes to Ping Eye 2 irons they really are better.  I just shot even par with them on the front 9.  I'm about to go out on the back nine.  Trying to beat my best score of 68.  Wish me luck lads!

I don't tell these stories to impress you.  Rather, I tell them to impress upon you the importance of having the right irons.  For me, the only right irons are Ping Eye 2s.  Everything else and you might as well be playing field hockey.

Thank you for stating your opinion. They are great clubs FOR YOU. And for that, we are happy for you. Let's please move along to something else.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by arogolf

Hello, I am new to golf and looking for suggestions on a set of irons...any ideas?

I hear the Ping Eye 2's are fairly decent....

I have heard that as well.  Where is the famous one?  I played this morning but was totally distracted because I couldnt wait to get back to this thread...I hope he pops up soon.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

So I'm a big fan of these irons, even though they don't make me a better looking club champion or a truly awesome ballstriker. I got a giggle out of this thread.

this thread is full of lies!!!

we all know that Titleist AP1s are the greatest irons ever created!

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

What makes you think you speak for everyone?  I have 25 years of golfing experience and I have tried just about every iron that has been released in the past 25 years.  Plus, I'm an excellent golfer.  I'm not trying to brag or anything but I've been between a 2 and 5 handicap for the past twenty years so it stands to reason that I know what I'm talking about.  Most of the people I play with think that I'm an excellent ballstriker.  Therefore, my opinion on the playability of any paricular iron holds more water than, say, someone who has a hard time breaking 90.  Not that there's anything wrong with being a high handicap. It's just that high handicappers in general don't know what "good feel" in an iron means.  They rarely hit the sweet spot.

Getting back to the Ping Eye 2s.  First, I am not necessarily a Ping fan.  I'm more of a Ping Eye 2 fan.  If the Ping Eye 2s never existed I would not be a Ping fan.   Understand?

Another thing we haven't discussed yet is how the Ping Eye 2 SW is the most versitile of all the SWs out there.  It's an amazing club because it's very easy to open up for a lob shot, it's the best out of the sand and it's very easy to hit a punch and run.  Frankly, I don't need to use my SW that often because my Ping Eye 2 irons are so accurate.

Everyone on this forum should give the Ping Eye 2s a try.  They just look so good in your bag.

This is the best post I've ever seen.  The hubris on display is unparalleled, yet it still holds a somewhat comedic tone that keeps the reader wondering, "is he half serious, or just completely joking?"  At some point you acknowledge your gut instinct: he's dead serious.  You re-read it for posterity, smirk, shake your head and simply close the browser, knowing you are a better person for having done so.

Anyway, on my way out to replace my Mizzy's with Ping Eye 2s.  All this time I was getting lessons thinking that would help.  *sigh*...

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Bite your tongue! [quote name="meenman" url="/forum/thread/47724/ping-eye-2s-are-the-best-irons-ever-created/90#post_617754"]

[/quote] You are going to wake him from his slumber!

Originally Posted by arogolf

Bite your tongue!

Quote:

Originally Posted by meenman

You are going to wake him from his slumber!

I went out on a jag today with the Ping Eye 2s.   I was trying out a new driver, the Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5 degree with some kind of Matrix shaft.  I'm glad I had my Ping Eye 2s because they got me out of several scrapes.  One shot required a 4 iron under an immediate tree and then over another further out along.  You see, the ZZ-Lite shaft provides that perfect trajectory where it doesn't balloon but still has the penetrating flight.  I hit it under the first tree, over the next and then on the green for an easy 10 footer that I missed.  For shame Ping Ally 2.  If it wasn't for the driver I would have been close to par.  As it stands I shot a 78.

I've tried many an iron.  Some go further, some go straighter but none have the confidence-instilling feel of the Ping eye 2.  Well, the weekend is amongst us and I've got some iron cleaning to do.  Square grooves should never be filled with dirt.

I hear they keep a set of Ping Eye 2's in every Fire Station.

Brandon

• Administrator

Originally Posted by BigAl5150

And this thread has run it's course.

I go away for awhile to caddie at the PNC and this happens? I miss all the fun!

I'm also known at my club as one of the best ballstrikers.  Sometimes people stop and watch me at the range just to see how I hit my Eye 2s.

Your club must have some really lousy golfers. Where is this mythical club? Where's your "My Swing" thread?

Originally Posted by famousdavis

That's called honesty...and I think we need a little more of it around here.

I honestly think that you're the last person who should be the judge of honesty.

I can answer that question for you.  First, most people are like sheep.  No, I'm not talking about their fuzzy hair being used for wool coats.

I'm glad you cleared that up. I was confused momentarily.

Today, people want a fancy medallion in the cavity and they want the lofts jacked up so that they can hit an 8 iron 150 yards instead of hitting a 7 iron.

Yeah, that's why I play my Miura blades. Or the Titleist 710 MBs. Or my MP-67s. It's all about the medallions!

Oh, and you didn't say: what if I want to hit my 9I 143 yards and my 8I 155 like I regularly do with traditionally lofted irons? Will the Ping Eye 2's cure me of this unnecessary added distance so I can hit my 7I that far rather than using those shorter clubs for the 150-yard shots?

And that reminds me. My calves are a little sore after some recent workouts. Will the Ping Eye 2's help with that as well?

Anyway, I was really on my game that day and this one guy says to me "you are the best player that I've ever played a round of golf with".

How was this guy's etiquette for his first time on a golf course?

I started hitting it on every hole and just bombing it.  He told me that he wanted to make sure it was him and not the club.   After the round he told me that he was going to buy a set of Ping Eye 2 irons because I hit them so well.

That doesn't even make sense. If your cockamamie story is true, you basically just said "I proved it was him and not the club, so he bought the clubs I have." Uh huh. Okay.

I don't tell these stories to impress you.  Rather, I tell them to impress upon you the importance of having the right irons.  For me, the only right irons are Ping Eye 2s.  Everything else and you might as well be playing field hockey.

Even though it's the golfer, and not the club, as you've just "proven"... Okay.

Originally Posted by mattttt25

I'm thinking half the posters on this thread are Iacas.  Guessing it's an inside joke between few.

I've been gone! :-) First day back on the forum since last Wednesday! :-) (I may have been on briefly before leaving Thursday morning...). :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Does this mean we can revive this thread? Oh how Ive missed it.  Like a fine wine or some stank cheese - its only going to get better with time...

Yes.

My Swing thread please.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

In my thread about hybrids and woods. apparently he doesnt have a driver but a 1 iron.  interesting

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Originally Posted by iacas

That doesn't even make sense. If your cockamamie story is true, you basically just said "I proved it was him and not the club, so he bought the clubs I have." Uh huh. Okay.

I was wondering if this particular point was lost on the OP or not.  I found it hilarious that he disproved his own point with his example.

Brandon

Originally Posted by bkoguy07

In my thread about hybrids and woods. apparently he doesnt have a driver but a 1 iron.  interesting

Why would you hit a driver when you can hit a Pine Eye 2 1 iron?  He may lose 10 yards of distance but gains an impeccable amount of control on his tee shots that only the Ping Eye 2s can afford him.

/sarcasm... just in case.

Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!