IGNORED

Playing alone?

Inebriated
Note: This thread is 4656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone here play alone? I've got no one available to golf this week, but I really want to get out there and get some practice. I only plan on 9 holes. Anyone ever go alone?

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

about half of my play is alone... usually late at night when so i can practice.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

The only time I play with a partner is when my father-in-law is in town. There's nothing wrong with being a solo. You have more time to think about what you're doing :)

The only time I go alone is during vacation weeks. During that time the pro shop will send me out before everyone else. I have regulars that I play with on the weekend and during those occasional early days off.

I'm not one to rush through a round, so those 1.5-2 hour solo rounds are not the most fun to me.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to know I'm not the only one! Yeah, I'm looking to get a 7 PM tee time or something, since it get's dark at 9, I'd have plenty of time and no one else would be out. Thanks for the feedback fellas!

All the time. My home course offers $20 twilight that begins at 2pm. I go by myself quite a bit.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Almost every time I go in the evenings I play alone and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I play once a week with one or more friends and usually every other weekend with my dad but as July and August come I'll be going out more as a single just to get more rounds in on the year.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

depends on how busy  but I can play anywhere from 2 hours to 3.5 hours.  If the course isn't busy behind me then I won't even push through groups.  I'll wait at a hole for a bit and let them get ahead and then play a steady pace so they don't feel pressured and I can drop several balls if I want to.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

The place I'm probably gonna play at will probably empty in the evening. Hell, mid day is pretty empty. I'll probably just do 9 tomorrow and see if I enjoy it. My short attention span may be the downfall lol

I am only a solid 6 weeks into my golfing career, but I actually planned on playing a solo round later this week. I dont see any problem with it, and I think it would allow me plenty of time to focus rather than "compete" against my playing partners, which is not very conducive to quality play at this point for me (it's damn hard to turn off those competitive juices)

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

Originally Posted by indykappa

I am only a solid 6 weeks into my golfing career, but I actually planned on playing a solo round later this week. I dont see any problem with it, and I think it would allow me plenty of time to focus rather than "compete" against my playing partners, which is not very conducive to quality play at this point for me (it's damn hard to turn off those competitive juices)

I'm not too much further into golf. It's my first time back in years... but yeah, I gotta get back into it and I think competing (I.E. having more pressure) doesn't help focus as much.

Especially during summer when it is really hot I end up playing alone a lot.  The course is always empty and I can get around 18 in about 2 hours without a problem.  I would rather go with other people but playing solo is still better than nothing.  When it is more in season I usually get paired up with other single golfers or twosomes.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to play alone quite a bit, and occasionally do now.  Tee of 2 balls using 2 different clubs, or on par 3's/5's, from different spots in the box.  Great practice.

I play alone as much as I possibly can.  It's my preferred way to play.  Perhaps it has something to do with me being an only child or something, but I really enjoy the solitude and peacefulness of an empty course in the evening.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

I like to play alone on occasion, but not constantly.  If you play alone all most of the time you don't learn to play with distractions and that isn't good for playing in competition.  However playing alone is peaceful and gives you an opportunity practice on the course, or try different clubs/ball/tactics (I always play two balls), and just in general enjoy your own company.  So I recommend playing alone but not as a steady diet.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!